Help needed with Transportation in Stockholm

We are planning to do Stockholm on our own and visit the Vasa, walking tour of Old Town and time permitting City Hall. I need advice on transportation options. We are a group of 6 and will be there Monday, July 9th from 8am - 4pm and want to maximize our time. I’ve looked at the HOHO bus and boat and am concerned with how long it will take to get to our desired stops based on their routes. I would appreciate thoughts/comments from someone who has used them. Would public transportation be a better option? If so what routes and ticket types would be best?

Thanks,

Karen

Handy tool - thanks!!

We will be at STADSGÅRDEN.

Your best bet would likely be the HoHo boats. They usually do extra traffic in the morning as shuttle boats between

Stadsgården (S167 quay) and Vasa. There is also the harbour ferry M/S Emelie from Stadsgården in the morning.

From Vasa to Old Town -> Djurgårdsfärjan.

The thing with The city hall is that you can only visit it by taking their tours

but tickets for those are of a limited amount and can only be purchased at the

city hall on the same day as you want to visit.

We have the same question but only 2 of us. Our ship docks at Frihamnen 638 at 9am so want to get to Vasa hopefully before the ship tours. We travel late August.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

We have the same question but only 2 of us. Our ship docks at

Frihamnen 638 at 9am so want to get to Vasa hopefully before the ship tours. We travel late August.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Your only choice is bus #76 (towards Norra Hammarbyhamnen) which will get you to Djugårdsbron

from where you have a short walk to Vasa.

Where do we get this bus travelling from the Frimhamnen port?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

it's just across the road from the cruise terminal (red brick building on the right),

https://www.google.com/maps/@59.3418465,18.1185047,3a,75y,3.72h,88.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8pN6WjSMogbbi1YESrLaMg!2e0!7i13312!8i66562

We spent a week in Stockholm last summer. To add my thoughts, I will tell you that we spent about a half day at the Vasa, did a guided tour of 90 minutes of Old Town, and spent about two hours at City Hall on a tour. Of course we had time, but I cannot imagine doing it in one day unless you just want a few glances. The Vasa Museum is fabulous and the City Hall was interesting. Those would be my top choices for your day. They are in different parts of the city.

We originally planned to do city hall in the morning but first group was already taken even though we arrived early. We reserved for later in the afternoon and came back. I thought the views toward old town were better in afternoon with the sun behind us. If your short on time, you meet and climb as a group however your free to walk down alone whenever you want when your ready to go.

We originally planned to do city hall in the morning but first group was already taken even though we arrived early. We reserved for later in the afternoon and came back. I thought the views toward old town were better in afternoon with the sun behind us. If your short on time, you meet and climb as a group however your free to walk down alone whenever you want when your ready to go.

Anthony, were the times not available later in the morning or did you just decide to come back later. Trying to see if I can get a tour in before 11:00-11:30 so as to get back to my ship in time.

Thanks

All the times were available except for the first one. We were there early but it filled up and was leaving early as we walked in. We didn’t want to waste time waiting for the next one. It’s close to the train station so we figure we do it last before heading back to Nynamshamn. We walked over to Gamla Stan then took the ferry over to the Vasa after lunch and back to city hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity ship arrives Frimhamnen port next month (June). Besides bus #76 to Vasa, what other convenient options for party of 6 to Vasa.. then on to City Hall and back to ship? We want to see Vasa first thing! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Celebrity ship arrives Frimhamnen port next month (June). Besides bus #76 to Vasa, what other convenient options for party of 6 to Vasa.. then on to City Hall and back to ship? We want to see Vasa first thing! Thanks!

There might be Hoho buses but if there are more ships in port that day there might

not be enough buses to cover all ships. You will also be "stuck" with the HoHo buses

the rest of the day since you paid for a 24 hour pass.

If you don't want that either then taxi is the only remaining option.

There might be Hoho buses but if there are more ships in port that day there might

not be enough buses to cover all ships. You will also be "stuck" with the HoHo buses

Thank you. I think there's another 2000-2500 passengers besides our ship. Sounds like taxi will be our quickest option. Thanks for the advice!

Should we reserve taxi in advance or will there be plenty waiting at the port?

Hello.....I'm looking for transportation from Frihamnen cruise port on July 1, 2018 to either the Arlanda airport or to my hotel at the airport (which has an airport shuttle). Would you know if the HOHO bus goes to the airport...my flight isn't until July 2......or public transportation? I'm not having much luck in finding any shuttle services that pick up at the cruise port. I'm not sure if the ship offers a shuttle to the airport and don't want to leave this arrangement until the last minute.

Thank you for any help. :)

I think it would be best to reserve a taxi in advance.

Would you have a general idea as to the cost of a taxi from the Frihamnen cruise port to the airport? How does one reserve it in advance?

Thanks so much for all your advice and help. :)

Would you have a general idea as to the cost of a taxi from the Frihamnen cruise port to the airport? How does one reserve it in advance?

Thanks so much for all your advice and help. :)

Cost is about 500 SEK with Taxi kurir, It should be about the same for Taxi Stockholm and Sverigetaxi (former Taxi 020).

Book through or via Smartphone App.

https://www.taxikurir.se/stockholm

https://www.taxistockholm.se

https://www.sverigetaxi.se/