Balconies above outdoor smoking areas

Regguy

We have a 8th floor balcony on Ovation that appears to be right above the outdoor smoking shelter on deck five.

Does anyone have any experience whether the smoke from the outdoor area affects the cabins above? I'm assuming it must, but maybe they have designed it not to.

We've been above the outside smoking deck on other ships and never had a problem with smelling smoke from the outside deck. I suspect it's more likely you will smell smoke from someone on a nearby balcony.

We have a 8th floor balcony on Ovation that appears to be right above the outdoor smoking shelter on deck five.

Does anyone have any experience whether the smoke from the outdoor area affects the cabins above? I'm assuming it must, but maybe they have designed it not to.

Check out threads for Anthem and Quantum, people have complained about the smoke near that outdoor smoking shelter. Not sure deck 8 would be too bad, but it is recommended to avoid that area on the lower balconies.

Yes, there is a review for Ovation where they said it was the worst cabin on the ship - they were directly above and looking down on the smoking area on level 5. Here is a Youtube video of that complaint.

That video is of cabin 6682, OP is on deck 8. If they have 8682, then probably best to get a new cabin.

You won't have a problem on Deck 8. Unlike other ships that simply allow smoking outside on the promenade deck, Quantum class ships have the "bus stop", which is basically enclosed.

I was on Deck 9 above the bus stop, and some great stuff was happening on the pier in Martinique. I watched from my balcony. As I glanced around at "everyone" also leaning out and watching from their balconies, I was STUNNED at how many were smoking!!!! One person even flicked a butt down and it landed on the roof of the "bus stop" right below me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That video is of cabin 6682, OP is on deck 8. If they have 8682, then probably best to get a new cabin.

A few cabins forward - 8668. I think it may be above a life boat just forward of the smoking structure but I cannot tell really.

I wouldn't worry either since they are forward of the bus stop and three decks up.

We are forward of the bus stop for sure? I've been trying to find a picture of the starboard side on the internet that would show it and I am having trouble.