Halifax and St. John's Suggestions?

St. Martins doesn't even come close! :( We did this one on an earlier cruise and had to wait our turn to even enter the beach area due to the amount of tour groups all arriving at the same time. Tide was already coming in and we were so far away from the actual caves that the best we could do with the amount of time we were given was use our zoom lens to take photos.

Thanks anyway.

MARAPRINCE

There must have been on heck of a pile of tour groups because that beach area is huge.

You will still need more than 5 hours total to get to the Rocks, look around and return to the ship.

Another option would be to go to St Martins and then drive/hike parts of the Fundy Trail. The views are breathtaking and the fall colours would be awesome.

Edited by declansdad

Low tide cannot happen from 8:30 - 3:30.

The tides are constantly changing. It will be the peak of high tide at one point and then about six hours later will be the lowest point of the low tide. About six hours after then the high tide will be at its peak. It is coming in or going out all the time.

There is no way of predicting the weather but it would be unusual to have snow in early November.

It will likely be cool (some would say cold) and there may be showers or a few flurries but driving would most likely be fine.

There must have been on heck of a pile of tour groups because that beach area is huge.

You will still need more than 5 hours total to get to the Rocks, look around and return to the ship.

Another option would be to go to St Martins and then drive/hike parts of the Fundy Trail. The views are breathtaking and the fall colours would be awesome.

We were shuffled between the beach area, the little restaurant where you were served a beverage and a snack and the gift shop. About 3-4 buses arrived one right after the other and the area was too small to accommodate everyone there.

MARAPRINCE

Hey,

As a fellow Haliagonian (that is what we call ourselves here in Halifax) here are some of my suggestions.

My frist suggestion would be to come back after your cruise on another visit as Nova Scotia has so much to offer.

Downtown Halifax as a lot to offer, from historic sites, shops, park and so on.

The boardwalk is always a classic with shop, food, and museums along the way, and not the mention friendly Haliagonians to talk to.

Halifax Citadel is a must see if you are a military buff. This historic 19th century military fort was from the settling of Halifax in 1749 all the way up to World War II, now owned my Parks Canada, it is recreated back in the glory day between 1869 and 8872 when the 78th Highlanders were stationed there. If you ships gets in early make sure you make it there before 12:00 Noon AST to hear the noon day gun go off.

Halifax Public Gardens, are I believe the only Victoria Gardens left in North America. Best part about this is that they are FREE. They are located off Spring Garden Rd which was some shops, bar and restaurants.

I am sure you have all heard of Peggy's Cove and the world famous Peggy's Point Lighthouse. If you have never been to the region than this is a must see. I my self have been so many times and it never gets old to walk through the small fishing village and walk along the rocks with the waves crashing against them.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Let me know if you need any more tips in Halifax

:D