Electric car in key west

awilliams98

Really need help on this!!!! There are 6 of us traveling. I will give some background as to why we have to get an electric car. The last time my husband and I were in key west we biked it, it was amazing!!! However, this time around when I suggested bikes, my mom said "no", lol!!! I considered walking it, however, my dad is a heavy set guy so that isn't a feasible option. So at the end of the day the 6 passenger electric car seemed like the best option.

So on to the help I need. I have no idea where to go!!! The posts that I have read about parking are scaring me. When we visited last we spent most of our time near White Pier, which was awesome, very peaceful and we definitely experienced the laid back vibe that KW is known for. We wanted to go to the free gardens but it was closed unfortunately. We did bike past the Most Southern Point but weren't interested in taking a picture. I just more so like to explore.

Any suggestions on what we can do or where to go using an electric car? P.S. I don't think any of us would be interested in Hemmingway's house. We all like to drink and explore. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

There parking lots near The Harbor and Mallory Square, and plenty of metered spots on the other end of Duval near the southernmost point. You will have to pay for parking and maybe walk a few blocks, but you should be able to find parking spots. If people in your group can't walk a few block, you may have to drop them off and pick them up again.

The area around White Street Pier and Higg's Beach has free parking and parking is included with your admission to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park if you choose to go there.

If you do decide to look for Street parking, be sure to look for "residents only" painted on the street and do not park in those spots. Also, be sure you don't block gates or driveways.

There parking lots near The Harbor and Mallory Square, and plenty of metered spots on the other end of Duval near the southernmost point. You will have to pay for parking and maybe walk a few blocks, but you should be able to find parking spots. If people in your group can't walk a few block, you may have to drop them off and pick them up again.

The area around White Street Pier and Higg's Beach has free parking and parking is included with your admission to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park if you choose to go there.

If you do decide to look for Street parking, be sure to look for "residents only" painted on the street and do not park in those spots. Also, be sure you don't block gates or driveways.

Exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you so much for the information!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

We rented an electric car last year when we were in KW. We had a parasailing excursion planned and was cancelled because it was only like 60 degrees that day :-( We booked with the guy right off the pier in a wooded hut/shed. They picked us up and took us to the cars. We had an absolute blast and would do it again for sure. Parking is very limited, but it was much better than walking and we saw everything on the island and plenty of bar time as well. The guys then dropped us off close to the pier and had to take the car back and then the company dropped the guys back off at the pier.

I will be back to KW in April for a girls cruise and unfortunately we are only in KW til 130pm, so not sure what we will do with a short amt of time?

"parking is very limited, but it's much better than walking"

I guess that's a matter of opinion. I think walking is a far better way to see Old Town. You notice things that you certainly miss in a car and can pop in and out of places that interest you for a closer look. In a car you are (hopefully) paying attention to traffic, bikes, scooters and pedestrians, rather than all the sites.

Just my opinion, but unless you have mobility issues, save your money and walk. Most places that interest visitors are within about one square mile.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I second sunshine scooters! Loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are the best. We have rented from them 3 times before. I'll be back in Key West in July for 5 days so I can't wait to explore with our electric car and not have to be rushed to get back to the ship.

Flipper and Tommy Lee are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums