Classy way to start a cruise

Go-Bucks!

Good luck. I'm sure you didn't get the book precisely because you booked so shortly before the cruise.

Mura, I am sailing in a week and a half, booked a year ago. All I got was a forwarded email with minimal info mostly stuff I already knew. Looks like O is only sending a "blue book" to selected customers based on an unknown criteria. Maybe because I used a TA and am in a lower priced OV cabin is why they didn't mail me anything like in the past. I chalk it up to all cruise lines becoming cheap and cutting corners.

I can't print luggage tags in advance since their is nothing in the email about that. O will have to do it at the per when we check in. The email does have our dinner reservations listed.

Edited by susiesan

Mura, I am sailing in a week and a half, booked a year ago. All I Got was a forwarded email with minimal info mostly stuff I already knew. Looks like O is only sending a "blue book" to selected customers based on an unknown criteria.

Maybe your TA received it & did not forward it to you

I have heard of that happening

Did you get luggage tags??

I think the OP is referring to a fancier version of the blue book. Our friends traveling with us got a fancy version.

So what did you get?

Orv only one Blue Book printed..

Jancruz1

That's what I've always thought, but wasn't sure what the poster I quoted here was talking about.

Susiesan, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the level of room you're in. Did you use the same TA as you have in the past?

i also did not get a blue book in advance of the cruise. Just an email invoice from the TA, who said that is all she got. Previously every traveler got a blue book. Told me that if two friends are traveling only one gets a blue book in any case but I made a change two months before sail date, so neither of us gets anything. Also no info on excursions, except what is online. I discovered when we boarded that there was a lot more detailed excursion available, especially length of travel to major areas.

Mary

Some TA's don't forward them on or have them sent directly to their client. My TA has it sent to us from O.

We have a TA, but the folder was sent from O headquarters in Miami. Not brown fake leather, just a blue heavy cardboard folder. But personalized and tastefully done. Luggage tags were in a pocket inside the back cover. I agree about making luggage tags - what a pain! So nice to have some pre-made ones (which is what we used to get on other lines until they started having passengers make their own).

My friend, who I'm traveling with, also got her own blue folder. Both of our folders listed not only our O excursions, but all of the other available ones too.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Just curious

What was the difference?

What cabin cat are you both in ?

I have never booked higher than an A & they have been the same book

Last few years they are different than the early years which included the Captain & top staff that will be on your sailing & a few other thing related to your personal booking

Sorry for the delayed response. We are both PH. Maybe he was pulling my leg but he said his had a better cover and both he and his wife received separate.

My basic blue booklet is perfect for me

We are sailing on Marina on November 7th and received our blue booklet at least two months ago. (In the past we used to get them much closer to departure.) I was going to check to see if our excursions were listed but then I remembered we haven't booked any!

We didn't take the excursion option because we don't have enough ports to make it worth while -- we are meeting friends and relatives in Haifa and Palma, and joined in a few private tours elsewhere. We have a lot of OBC so if we want to book a ship's tour in any of the remaining ports, we can easily do so.

But the booklet looks the same as everyone that we've received in the past.

We have a TA, but the folder was sent from O headquarters in Miami. Not brown fake leather, just a blue heavy cardboard folder. But personalized and tastefully done.

Please re read my post

The Leather & faux leather holders are no longer just the booklet as you received

I believe the TA's have a choice to either have the booklet sent to them to pass on or have it sent to the client

In the old days TA's would get the document to check over to ensure all is correct but these days of e-docs it is not really an issue any more in most cases

some exceptions may apply

JME

Edited by LHT28

Sorry for the delayed response. We are both PH. Maybe he was pulling my leg but he said his had a better cover and both he and his wife received separate.

My basic blue booklet is perfect for me

I suspect he is playing a trick on you

Remind him to bring as they need it at check in then you can see for yourself :evilsmile:

You have to take the blue folder on the cruise?

No

But is some embarkation port you do need the Personal info page (I think it is #3) or Print off the Final cruise summary you get about 3 wks prior

Miami is sticky about letting people into the port building without the documents

Maybe your TA received it & did not forward it to you

I have heard of that happening

Did you get luggage tags??

I got absolutely nothing in the mail. No luggage tags, no book showing shore excursions, nothing. I used the same TA as booked my last cruise on O. I assume there is nothing important in the mailing, would have been nice to have. It comes of as O being really chintzy not at all classy.

I got absolutely nothing in the mail. No luggage tags, no book showing shore excursions, nothing. I used the same TA as booked my last cruise on O. I assume there is nothing important in the mailing, would have been nice to have. It comes of as O being really chintzy not at all classy.

Did you ask your TA about your tags/booklet ?

Did you ask your TA about your tags/booklet ?

Not yet, since I discovered from reading this thread that I should have received something from O. I'll call tomorrow and ask about it and also about the Bon Appétit wine package.

This reminds me of an Azamara cruise we took. I booked with an online agency. My cousin booked with a traditional TA. She paid $1200 more than we did. However she got a nice packet with excursions listed and luggage tags. I spent 10 minutes printing out what we needed. That was the only difference. I was more than happy to do that to save $1200. So maybe it depends on the travel agency you choose. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This reminds me of an Azamara cruise we took. I booked with an online agency. My cousin booked with a traditional TA. She paid $1200 more than we did. However she got a nice packet with excursions listed and luggage tags. I spent 10 minutes printing out what we needed. That was the only difference. I was more than happy to do that to save $1200. So maybe it depends on the travel agency you choose. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure, but this is our first Oceania cruise coming and we booked "on-line" through an AMEX Platinum TA, received all kinds of "perks" including free gratuities, OBC and a reduced cruise price and we received the "Folder" about a month ago.

Who knows!

We've read of some people throwing them away thinking they were an advertisement booklet.

I just got one Saturday.

As you mentioned in another post it looks like you need to be querying your TA.

While the booklet is nice to have, as others have mentioned all you really need is the email with the Final Vacation Summary.

Are you going as a solo? Are you sharing a cabin with a friend? Sometimes these situations create issues on who gets what.

While the booklet is nice to have, as others have mentioned all you really need is the email with the Final Vacation Summary.

Are you going as a solo? Are you sharing a cabin with a friend? Sometimes these situations create issues on who gets what.

No traveling with my husband who is also a past passenger. I sent an email this morning my TA and will wait and see what she says. This was the email I received from my TA who forwarded it from O. Looks like O only sends these blue folders with printed information to some TA's.

Dear Travel Partner,

We are pleased to present you with our Final Cruise Vacation Summary for your clients' upcoming voyage with Oceania Cruises. These electronic documents should be used when they check-in for their cruise vacation. Simply open the attached electronic documents and print or forward by eMail to your clients.

The attached documents include all applicable information reserved through Oceania Cruises for your clients:

• Detailed flight schedule & E-Ticket information
  • Pre- and/or Post-Cruise hotel arrangements
  • Pre-purchased shore excursion information
  • Emergency contact information
  • Embarkation port information and local representative contact information

Should you have any questions about the attached documents for your clients, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800.531.5658.

~Please note that this eMail address does not accept replies.~

Warmest regards,

Oceania Cruises

Everyone should get the final cruise summary about 3 wks prior

The Blue book is sent earlier to either the passenger directly or the TA to pass on

I believe it is up to the TA to choose the option

The Blue book contains the baggage tags

Everyone should get the final cruise summary about 3 wks prior

The Blue book is sent earlier to either the passenger directly or the TA to pass on

I believe it is up to the TA to choose the option

The Blue book contains the baggage tags

Luggage tags are all I really need. I assume the check in staff will have some. We plan to arrive late in the afternoon, around 3:30-4:00. The Riviera does not sail until 11:00pm unless the political situation in Barcelona causes a delay in either boarding or departing.

Luggage tags are all I really need. I assume the check in staff will have some. We plan to arrive late in the afternoon, around 3:30-4:00. The Riviera does not sail until 11:00pm unless the political situation in Barcelona causes a delay in either boarding or departing.

I would ask the porter before you hand in your bags

The porters will have luggage tags. You will drop off your baggage before going to the check-in counter.