Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

awfhy: If the alterations shop tells me 3 weeks when I take in other items, I will look for someone else...especially when the item is needed for a Cruise. The consignment shop owner could have heard complaints about the length of time from her customers.

geocruiser: Great idea! I will ask at church. Thanks for the suggestion:cool:

griffster: I use Word and Insert Table: My document is in Landscape and I use one cell for each outfit - generally two cells per day: One for DAY, One for DINNER. Then add each item from the outfit.

Use Excel if that is easier for you. This is what works for me. ANY planning at all is IMHO, better than simply gathering clothes & accessories and putting them in a suitcase to figure out onboard. It takes me awhile to put each outfit together and I don't want to use time on a cruise to figure out what to wear:cool:.

When I tried to Copy & Paste, the table didn't copy...so here's an example of what would go in a cell:

MONDAY, Day 1 -DAY

Underwear:

White RL Capris

Yellow Ann T Knit Top

White Naot Sandals

Silver Hoop Earrings

White Watch

White D&B Crossbody

Taking advantage of the last relatively warm autumn weather - went to my downtown, still looking for the Perfect Pair of Black Pants. Hallelujah, I found a pair in the new and very nice clothing store! They fit just the way I wanted - not loose and not that painted on look. Only problem - WAY too long...so I asked about alterations (thinking about other items waiting in the closet ).

Double Hallelujah!!! The formal shop across the street does all kinds of alterations and shop employees wouldn't recommend if the work is less than perfect. Could this be the answer??? (BTW - I recall a couple posts back that it was suggested I go to a Formals Rental...).

Anyway - I took my new purchase to the Formal/Alterations Shop and am very pleased so far. The pants will be done in a week (as opposed to 3 weeks at The Other Place). After comparing the work of both shops, surely one of them is destined to become my new Alterations Goddess:cool::hearteyes:!

When I woke up yesterday, I never expected to have ANOTHER cruise booked...and SailAway in less than a month;p!

But...DH asked me to look at something on his computer...he saw an 8-night cruise on Freedom of the Seas (departing from Ft Lauderdale) after Thanksgiving. Yikes!! The price was too good to pass up...so a call to RCI and in 10 minutes it was done. Our stateroom is in a good location AND we were able to sign up for Early Dining. Early Dining has often been something we were on a Wait List for, and here it is almost Time to Cruise, and it's available:cool:!

In all our cruises, I never booked a cruise and printed travel docs on the same day:D. Gotta love DH:hearteyes:!

The only downside is: Air Fare is crazy - per person more than the Cruise rate! But..it's nonstop both ways, Pittsburgh to Ft Lauderdale on Southwest. We will leave the morning of SailAway because the flight is at 5:35 AM.

We always celebrate the day after Thanksgiving at our nieces house - hope to get some sleep before getting up! Nice thing is, she lives 20 minutes from the airport (as opposed to our almost 2 hour drive from home).

Port stops are St Johns, Antigua; San Juan (the first ship to go there since the hurricane); Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis; and the private island of Labadee.

I have spent the morning doing research on excursions and reading all the posts on that thread. There are 58 posters, so it will be a fun cruise.

Guess What's Next on the ToDo List???? You got it! Start the Packing Process by putting outfits together and making a spreadsheet.

Indiana, that would be a fabulous surprise. You will have a great cruise.

We will land in Italy on Thanksgiving day this year and spend a week there then board our TA cruise on the MSC Seaside for 21 days. I am so excited so I know how you must be feeling.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween weekend,

Gerry

Great to hear of some wonderful travels for our fashionistas that is up coming.

There are a lot of great cruise rates out there now. Princess (on their newer ship Regal) is have some great sales for Nov and Dec. We had booked a while a go,,but last week were able to get a upgrade and pre paid tips included now. We will sail on 12/10, so I have time to pack.

Nancy,

Last minute can be fun. Once we booked a cruise on RCCL three days before it was sailing. Talk about a rush!

What a delightfully fun group we CCFs are:hearteyes:! So many interesting places to go (and ships to enjoy)!!

geocruiser and TNGALOHA: You must pay attention to the way women are dressed during your travels and report here...you can watch the guys too, especially the well-dressed ones;p!

More often than not, we depart from the northeast during the cold months. Since we are flying to FLL 11/25, I will not wear a heavy coat...once inside the airport terminal, it wouldn't be needed. Only warm weather attire this time:cool:.

We’re cruising the Sunday after Thanksgiving (traveling to Miami the day after Turkey). Coming from Colorado I will have a warm coat. I have a packable down parka that squishes into a quart size bag

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re cruising the Sunday after Thanksgiving (traveling to Miami the day after Turkey). Coming from Colorado I will have a warm coat. I have a packable down parka that squishes into a quart size bag

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is really great to get it into a quart size bag. Better to keep warm going from the car into the terminal than to get sick and ruin your cruise.

The only packing left for The Next Cruise is jewelry and makeup. All outfits were tried on and then packed.

Jewelry goes in little ziploc clear plastic bags with a label for each day/activity and then all bags in one of those freebie zippered bags given with cosmetic purchases.

DH saw the open suitcases and brought most of his clothes without me asking...just shows that we are So Ready To Cruise:cool:.

That is really great to get it into a quart size bag. Better to keep warm going from the car into the terminal than to get sick and ruin your cruise.

We’ve been stuck in a blizzard coming home before. I have gloves & an earband in my hooded jacket at all times. Just got DH the same type of hooded jacket. We’re all set

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH has given me his shirts, but not pants for dinner...all will get ironed and packed. Since we're flying, suitcase weight is important. Don't think either will be over the limit, but always a sigh of relief when completely packed. Luggage scale gets packed, too; for the return trip....don't want to think about that yet!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in northwestern PA. Didn't need a heavy jacket to go out - cold temps coming and possibly an inch or 2 of snow.;p

We attended a 7-course Wine Dinner on Saturday. LOTS of LBDs! I wanted to go up to some of these well-dressed ladies and ask, "Where do you shop??";p

It's not like I need another cocktail dress (if that's even still a term...), but most of them are timeless and elegant.

Too bad, in my small town, there are only a couple opportunities to dress up!

QUESTION: Do you have "Dress Up" dresses that are only for cruises, or are there other times you can wear them ?

We attended a 7-course Wine Dinner on Saturday. LOTS of LBDs! I wanted to go up to some of these well-dressed ladies and ask, "Where do you shop??";p

It's not like I need another cocktail dress (if that's even still a term...), but most of them are timeless and elegant.

QUESTION: Do you have "Dress Up" dresses that are only for cruises, or are there other times you can wear them ?

It is nice to be able to get dress up every once in a while. I very rarely get the chance to dress up. We do go to my DH's college and Grad school reunions. But they are not that dressy. My college reunion I don't go to, I don't want to trave for that. so, I only get dress up on a cruise. I use the same outifits.

Like you said, I see woman wearing beautiful dress and wonder where they shop. But, I found out that what looks great on them may look "funny" on me. I have gone shopping and tried on dresses and suits that look like what I see others wearing, but they look "funny" on me. Just not my style, and it shows. Yet, I love it on others.

I have two or three dress up dresses that are only for cruising. I picked them because they look good, but they pack down to NOTHING!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi Fashionistas! I need your opinions! I'm heading out on Oasis of the Seas in less than 3 weeks :hearteyes:, and I'm getting my outfits together. I've recently lost 30 lbs (YAY), but that has left me with a somewhat limited wardrobe. Formal night is causing me anxiety :'). I really don't want to go buy dresses for just this cruise - I'm still losing, plus I live in Colorado, which is super casual, and I literally never get that dressed up here. SO. I have a nice black skirt. I was thinking of wearing a pretty blouse and black skirt, but I'm afraid I'll be under dressed. Any thoughts???

Curlymason, you’ll be fine in that. Formal night isn’t what it used to be. Now more of what you’d wear to Brown Palace or Broadmoor. I’m also from Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question: How do you store your jewelry at home? I need to organize my jewelry so I can see it better in my drawer. Little boxes that I can't just see into are a pain to find something. Any ideas from my fashion minded friends?

hi

i have a jewerly holder that hangs above my dressing table it has hooks which you hang all your necklaces, braclets. its a bit chabby chic looking. its about 12in/14ins long. but i cant remember where i bought it from!!!. i cant even put a pic on, because i dont know how. lynn

hi

i have a jewerly holder that hangs above my dressing table it has hooks which you hang all your necklaces, braclets. its a bit chabby chic looking. its about 12in/14ins long. but i cant remember where i bought it from!!!. i cant even put a pic on, because i dont know how. lynn

That sound good. But, I need to have it in a closet or a draw. Like you I don't know how to post pictures to well.

That sound good. But, I need to have it in a closet or a draw. Like you I don't know how to post pictures to well.

I suppose you could hang it inside one of your wardrobe doors. Thats what i have done with my scarves. Fastened some cord at the back of my wardrobe door and hung the scarves..x

My jewelry isn't in drawers, either...DS (the contractor) made a really cool contraption that sits on a dresser.

I keep earrings in plastic boxes from Michael's that are sold to hold beads for jewelry making. Each box holds a particular color or silver, gold, etc.

You could use those plastic boxes and cut off the lids. Some of the insides are adjustable.

When CCF first started, it was easy to post photos...sadly, I have tried many times without success:loudcry:. It was much easier when pictures were included.

Also - look on amazon and etsy for creative ideas - even pinterest could help.

Today DH & I traveled back to our old town. DH has been doing an annual fundraiser for United Way and local homeless veterans for many years on his Oldies radio program. While he was raising $45,000!!! (wonderful for the recipients...), I was shopping:) -

Labels include: Banana Republic, Talbot's, LL Bean, Ralph Lauren, Land's End, Nautica, Ann Taylor, Liz Claiborne and White House Black Market....ALL from my favorite Goodwill Store...I tried on 21 pieces of clothing and bought 15...at a total cost of $45.00.

Most items are winter but got a couple cruise-worthy tops and my best bargain was an LBD, White House Black Market with 3/4 sleeves:cool:.

I am beyond happy with my bag of goodies. The LBD will be perfect for the January cruise out of Bayonne.

curlymason: I agree that your skirt and top will look just fine. You can add some sparkly jewelry if you think it needs a little more oomph.