WHen to Buy Drink Package

I've been reading on here about people buying their drink package during deals or sales. How are you finding out about it? Do they email you the sale, or is it looking at the website? Or do you have to log in everyday and one day it might pop up? My booking is not listed right now (probably due to the whole having to change ships due to dry dock) but I don't want to miss any sales. So I'm not sure if they'll send me any emails. How else can I find the deals?

I've been reading on here about people buying their drink package during deals or sales. How are you finding out about it? Do they email you the sale, or is it looking at the website? Or do you have to log in everyday and one day it might pop up? My booking is not listed right now (probably due to the whole having to change ships due to dry dock) but I don't want to miss any sales. So I'm not sure if they'll send me any emails. How else can I find the deals?

You find the sales by looking at your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. You would need a booking number to do that.

SO....they fixed it. I see on the cruise planner where to buy (and be FORCED to pay for my husband who doesn't drink like that) but they have a sale that's supposedly BOGO 50%. Does anyone know if that is a good deal compared to others they've seen?

What is the price per person?

I just received an email this morning offering a 3 day sale. BOGO 50% for the Ultimate Package; 30% off the Refreshment package and some amount off the Ultimate+ Voom package for my March Break 2018 cruise. I live in Canada and the price for the Ultimate was $56.25 a day (inclusive of grats). IIRC, the regular price was around $70 a day. My rough calculations suggest a 4 alcoholic drink a day average to break even (assuming US$12 drink price x 1.20 for Cdn dollar).

My brother and his wife, who are joining us from the UK, are not seeing any discount. Any idea if the UK site ever discounts? Could they call the 1-800 and ask if they could get the discount?

(and be FORCED to pay for my husband who doesn't drink like that) but they have a sale that's supposedly BOGO 50%. Does anyone know if that is a good deal compared to others they've seen?

You can call them and tell them he does not drink and they will sell you a single package.

There have been several reports that they now will not allow exceptions, so that might have now changed.

Still worth a try. I got mine for January and my girlfriend (who only has maybe a couple glasses of wine) did not have to buy. She is taking wine on the ship to drink for herself. She will probably buy one Tequila Sunrise on CocoCay and that will be it.

I actually bought mine at a high price before they went to the new rule. Then when it went down a couple of weeks ago, I called in they canceled my old and let me buy the new at the lower price without her having to buy the package. they were great about it.

Might have changed since a couple of weeks ago, but I was able to do it by calling in and talking to them.

Still worth a try. I got mine for January and my girlfriend (who only has maybe a couple glasses of wine) did not have to buy. She is taking wine on the ship to drink for herself. She will probably buy one Tequila Sunrise on CocoCay and that will be it.

I actually bought mine at a high price before they went to the new rule. Then when it went down a couple of weeks ago, I called in they canceled my old and let me buy the new at the lower price without her having to buy the package. they were great about it.

Might have changed since a couple of weeks ago, but I was able to do it by calling in and talking to them.

Good to know

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app