murano entrees

clianmel

April 16 getting close. We are planning to spend some of our obc in the murano retaurant again. Previously we have ordered the sole veronigue and the chateau briand..Although tastes are very subjective I am looking for feedback on the lobster and turbot entrees.Any advice will be appreciated

Re: Potato-Laced French Turbot - Fennel Purée, Bok Choy, Citrus Emulsion

I did not enjoy the Turbot and found it's flavors odd. It seemed like maybe an Asian dish with the Bok Cho, the citrus and the Fennel flavors. The fish filet was also fairly thin. The Sea Bass is the Med type that is also a thin fillet.

The Chateaubriand and Lobster were both quite good and what should be served for the price. My wife loves the Sole.

April 16 getting close. We are planning to spend some of our obc in the murano retaurant again. Previously we have ordered the sole veronigue and the chateau briand..Although tastes are very subjective I am looking for feedback on the lobster and turbot entrees.Any advice will be appreciated

True Dover Sole is my favorite fish. Turbot is similar, so you'll like both. The Lobster has always been very good, but being from New England, sorry but Murano Lobster is just NOT the same. We haven't done the Chateau as yet. It's on our list next Jan. The Chateau served in the MDR. is NOT the same! We had it in the Queens Grill on the QM2 & it held it's own with any we've had on land. A lot of places look at it as "old fashioned". The quality of a well prepared Chateau speaks for itself!

Thanks for all of your inputs. Leaning towards the sole or the lobster this time as we both feel that tableside preparation somehow enhances the enjoyment of any meal.

Feel free to have both! We've never had an issue getting a side of another entrée if we wished.

Don't forget the deserts either...my husband always has the 'Balloon Rouge'....prepared tableside, the smell of the strawberries caramelising in balsamic.....Glad we will be in Murano's again in three weeks time!

Feel free to have both! We've never had an issue getting a side of another entrée if we wished.

Yes we have observed a guy having two starters and two entrees. I gave up observing him as he was acting like a pig, he certainly intended to get his money's worth. Thankfully most people don't act that way.

• 6 months later...
Have any couples ever ordered a surf and turf type entree by ordering both the lobster and chateau?

Yes, we've done this before. Two lobsters with a chateau to split. We definitely go light on the starters if we choose this option. My favorite meal, however, was our steak diane in Murano on the Equinox. It is off the menu, but if you ask very nicely the day before they'll be able to do it. Table side preparation was beautiful and the cut of meat and flavors were exceptional.

Yes we have observed a guy having two starters and two entrees. I gave up observing him as he was acting like a pig, he certainly intended to get his money's worth. Thankfully most people don't act that way.

And we have observed a guy making mean spirited and utterly useless posts. I gave up reading his comments as he was acting like a jerk, he certainly intended to spew nonsense. Thankfully most people don't post that way.

I've never eaten at Murano. My husband and I will be on Reflection for 10 days in December, and would like to. (His first time sailing with X.)

I'm not crazy about Lobster (he is). (I'm really not a picky eater!!) Is it possible to get a filet there?

As I recall, they only have chateaubriand for 2. The reason I know is that on our last cruise, I asked if they could make it for just one and they said sure. Of course, they just brought a chateaubriand (for 2) and served the entire piece to me :)

I suggest that you ask the maitre d' in murano if they would make steak diane for your husband...but you must ask the day before (something to do with getting the right cut of meat). It's not on the menu, but they may agree to make it. (I have about a 50:50 average).

As far as the lobster, remember it's warm water lobster tail so most of the taste you will get from their tableside preparation is from the sauce.

Have any couples ever ordered a surf and turf type entree by ordering both the lobster and chateau?

We have always found the staff in Murano's are willing to go 'above and beyond' and if you were to request this I think they would do it for you.

I know taste is subjective but this 'surf and turf' match just wouldn't sit well on my palate....The lobster is rich, fishy salty and buttery and the chateaubriande has such a delicate flavour....that is the quality of the dish....

I think after just one mouthful of the 'surf' the 'turf' would be lost....Just a personal opinion but I would rather visit twice and enjoy each dish separately.

As a compromise I would ask to have the chateaubrande served and enjoyed first and then have the lobster rather than side by side.

And we have observed a guy making mean spirited and utterly useless posts. I gave up reading his comments as he was acting like a jerk, he certainly intended to spew nonsense. Thankfully most people don't post that way.

I 💛 you Gonzo