One Way Car Rentals between Seattle and Vancouver

I am trying to find reasonably priced one way car rentals between Vancouver and Seattle. We leave on Serenade of the Seas out of Vancouver on June 11. We have to fly in via Seattle. Right now I have a full sized SUV (I need the space) booked on Alamo for 2 weeks at around $650 (which I will have to park). I need two weks because of pre and post cruise excursions we have planned. Would much prefer a pair of one way rentals but they are much more expensive on the National chains. Any ideas?

Eel,

Last year the DW and I rented a SUV at Sea-Tac and had it for 24 hours with a drop off right at Canada Place, where most of the Cruise Ships dock, and the price was pretty reasonable, even with the drop off fee, I think the one day and drop off came to $85. I think the company was Alamo. You might check with them to see if the deals are still that good. Good Luck.

eel, you must be sailing from Ballantyne and he car rental agencies don't have drop off there. Try Avis, they have alway been reasonable for us. You drop the car off in Vancouver and they will shuttle you to the pier. The reverse when you return.

Also, if your pre and post cruise excursions are in Canada you may want to use a shuttle service from Seatac to YVR and then rent the car in Canada.

I did notice that the rental car agencies have picked up on the popularity of one way rentals between Seattle and the cruise ships. They have adjusted their prices accordingly:( .

Thanks for the advce Sally. I now have a pair of one-way rentals reserved with Avis. Using my employer's discount I was able to get a pretty good rate for Seattle to Vancouver (3 days at $220 US total cost for an SUV) but the return is much worse (2 days at $360 CAD for an SUV). The total out of pocket is comparable to a 12 day rental with pick-up and drop-off in Seattle but at least I won't have to pay to park a rental while on the cruise!

We have to drive from Seattle because my wife is a peritoneal dialysis patient and we must pick up her supplies in Seattle (20 boxes worth) - insurance won't pay to ship to Canada. So you can see why we need to rent an SUV. In fact we may need two SUVs to get everything transported up (4 people, luggage and supplies). Coming back will be easier.

It is good to know that Avis will shutlle you to and from Ballantyne pier. We are on RCL and that is where they leave from. The Avis return location is at Hornby and W. Georgia - hopefully not to far from the pier! I will have to drop off my family at the dock with all of our luggage and then drive over to Avis to drop off the car.

Any other thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

Archived