Bermuda 4-18

brigidfreeman

Weather when we were there was warm and sunny. It cooled down at night, a light sweater would be nice.

Don't forget your manners especially on the bus. A "Good Morning", "Good afternoon", etc. is expected especially by older folks. I didn't know this custom and was firmly put in my place by a bus driver, she didn't even answere my question either.

Bus passes are $12 for a one day, up $1 from last year. Still the best way to get around.

There is a tiny, white sand beach at Dockyard now open. We saw it from the fort and several people were there.

Bypass the Botanical Gardens, it really took a hit from the hurricane.

You'll see lots of trash washed up in places, the Parks Dept. is still cleaning up. Though we walked around Blue Hole National Park and other out of the way places, that's where we saw the trash.

We ate at Bob Royle's for pizza and chocolate shakes just on Front St, Hamilton and the service was great. Good food too.

At Dockyard, we walked with the Admiral for an hour's tour and he was splendid. Won't take a tip either. Don't miss his talk!

I didn't get to St George, I was sick that day.

Talked to a few Bermudian youngsters and they are very polite, friendly and curious.

We took the bus to Horseshoe Bay beach and walked north along the beaches to another National Park. There's a nice walking trail to follow.

Would recommend a visit to Ft Hamilton, fun to wander the tunnels and gardens.

Archived