Pre Cruise Hotel Vancouver

Solara

We stayed Pre and post cruise in Vancouver last September I booked thru Priceline and got the Westin Bayshore which was very convenient.

Read on biddingfortravel.com else look at hotwire.com

We used a shuttle service for the airport hotel, I will look for the name and post it, it was the most reasonable we found.

Do a web search of the hotels near the airport.

It depends what you are looking for, we usually stay at the Accent Inn, ( all we need is a bed) they will pick you up at the airport and there is a shuttle service (Vancouver shuttle) that will pick up at the hotel and take you direct to the cruise terminal. Cost is about $12 per person. This has to be booked in advance.

There are other hotels in the same area that have the same service, but the Accent Inn is the most reasonable we found. Seniors rate was $95 last year.

If you want to tour around Vancouver it would be better to be downtown (I think there is a shuttle from the Accent Inn to downtown)but be prepared to spend a lot more. Here are a couple of links.

http://www.vancouvershuttle.ca

http://www.accentinns.ca

WE also booked our hotel through Priceline. We stayed at the Hyatt for pre cruise ($75) and the Sheraton Wall Centre ($80) post cruise. Both were located in the heart of downtown Vancouver- very convenient to everything.

Fairmont Water Front or the Pan Pacific. :)

Yes, both not cheap . but across or AT the terminal where you MAY board the ship.

Vancouver has two Cruise Terminal docks.. and there is no 100% guarantee which one your ship will use. The second dock is a 15 minute cab ride away.

I would possibly steer clear of both these hotel this summer yet as the city is building a Convention Center within a block of them and if you are departing on a weekday .. you will be awakened to construction noises..last summer they were driving piles and it was very unpleasant.

That said, the Fairmont is a wonderful hotel. Be sure and stop and say Hello to the hotel doggie who greets many of the guests!

Thanks for all the great info. The hotel does not have to be that cheap but just not $200-$300. I like the idea that there is a shuttle from the airport and to the ship. We are going on May 19th on the Sapphire Princess. Doesn't that one leave from Canada place????? What hotels other than the Pan Pacific are close by there????

Also what does everyone think about using Princess's transfers back to Anchorage., they will let you off at the Egon Convention Center. Our flight isn't until 8:30. Will they keep our luggage for us and is it safe and secure. I have to do final payment before March 5th so any info is greatly appreciated. I booked this cruise at the beginning of June and now I'm doing this last minute....go figure......

Last May we stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown. We took a limo from the airport (sorry don't remember the price, just that it was close to taxi rates) and they had a free shuttle to the port. We had a VERY nice room (the bed was amazing and just what we needed after our flight), incredibly friendly/helpfull staff and a decent free breakfast. Slightly on the edge of a bad neighborhood, but we felt safe walking to Chinatown. I just checked rates for May 18 (not sure if that's the night you're looking for) and they had 179 Canadian around $150 US. There were quite a few cruisers staying at the same hotel. I just looked at Trip-Advisor and they rate it number 2 most popular Vancouver hotel. I would stay there again for one night pre-cruise in a heartbeat. Good luck.

Have a great time!

Tammy

We also stay at the Hyatt downtown, very nice hotel and only paid around $70 for the night. We took a limo from the airport another $70 USD and it included tip. Figured we were arriving very late and not knowing much about Vancouver and taxis we went with the limo. Driver was waiting for us as soon as we cleared immigration and helped us with our luggage to the car. For total of about $140 we had a great hotel and limo. Much less than some cities for the hotel only.

In Anchorage, we stored our luggage at the hospitality center while we went to lunch walked around the outdoor flea market downtown that day then headed to the airport.

Have a wonderful trip, if you have the time spend an extra day in Vancouver. I wish we had, it was a great city.

Also even the Sherton Wall Centre was $199

Where are you finding these prices??

Try Hotwire dot com

expedia dot com

and my favorite is bidding on Priceline as my veiw is I am staying there one or 2 nights not buying the place:D :D

You can email me at winikj@bellsouth.net if you want help how to use priceline,

If you give me your dates I can look at some prices -

The Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson Street is convenient to the cruise terminal. The rate should be less than the major chains previously mentioned. Its a 30 story hotel and every room is on a corner, so it has views in two directions with city views, the cruise ships, mountains, the bay and float planes.

Its best to book the "Deluxe" rooms...they are on the higher floors and have been upgraded. The rooms are small but nicely done. The staff is friendly. I cant remember for sure, but I think that most, if not all, have balconies.

Alot of shopping, entertainment, restaurants and Stanley park are all within walking distance. (or short cab ride if you dont want to walk).

This area of town offers alot more than staying near the airport. ..jack

Thanks for all the great info. The hotel does not have to be that cheap but just not $200-$300. I like the idea that there is a shuttle from the airport and to the ship. We are going on May 19th on the Sapphire Princess. Doesn't that one leave from Canada place????? What hotels other than the Pan Pacific are close by there????

Like I said earlier The Pan Pacific is the best in my book and it can be had for less then $250 US if you shop around.

Construction noise around the hotel was not an issue for us and we have stayed there numerous time.

Fantastic location and views take the elevator down to the ship when you are ready to board. :)

Try Delta Hotel. they will pick you up at the Airport.

taxi to habour will be $15.00 Cdn or $13.00 US.

Delta is a good CDN chain of hotels. You will have a pool and many other upgrades at the hotel.

A taxi from the Delta Airport to Canada Place is about $30CAD. To Ballantyne Pier it is about $30-35CAD.

I just looked at Hotwire for May 18th (i night) and they are showing a 5* hotel (almost certainly the Sutton Place) at $159. This is an excellent hotel at an excellent price. It's just off Robson and close to hundreds of shops and restaurants. Otherwise, I'd recommend trying for a 4* on Priceline.

As long as you're in the downtown core, it's an easy cab ride to Canada Place. Vancouver is also very walkable, so almost any of the downtown hotels will be close enough to the essentials of dining and shopping.