Nutrisystem

lbfluffy

Considering doing this for a month. I have done WW and got to lifetime, but since our last cruise this past November and the holidays I have put on 15 pounds. So i figure I can give myself a little boost. Costco has the plan for $264 for 35 days. Any thoughts?

Costco sells nutrisystem? I've never seen it at "my" Costco.

I actually started the plan today. I'm on a 6 week weekends off plan that I purchased from QVC. Mine cost about $245 with tax.

I want to lose about 20 lbs. If I don't do it in the first 6 weeks then I'll purchase another 6 and that should do it.

Good Luck!! :)

• 1 month later...

I've been on the plan for 1 week now. I will weigh myself for the first time tomorrow. I paid $273 for 28 days, so you both got good prices. I have heard that after you are on the plan for a while, they will offer you the "flex plan" which is like having weekends off. I'm using my next 2 cruises as motivation.

Hi, I've been on for about 9 weeks now and have lost 18 pounds. If you think about it, that's pretty expensive per pound. I did the 3 month auto ship at $299 per month. But... it works for me. I guess when your paying that much for something, you HAVE to stick with it.

Good luck

• 2 months later...

Is anyone still active on Nutrisystem on this thread?

I've been on it for a year and have lost 43 pounds - but I've sort of stalled and am looking to get re-motivated because I still have 30 pounds to lose and I definitely want to get it off before we go on our Hawaii cruise set for January 31st.

It would be nice to have a cruise support group to help!

Melanie

Hi Willie!

I will gladly do my best to help motivate you to lose those extra pounds! Do you have any upcoming events that you can focus on as a target?

I have my daughter's wedding on Nov 14th (I want to lose 10 pounds by then) and then we are taking a Hawaii cruise at the end of January - I would love to be down a total of 20 pounds by then! That would be totally awesome!

So, if you want, we can be CruiseCritic NS buddies and maybe some others will join us along the way!

I'm married to my DH, Bill, and we live in Central Illinois with 2 cats. Daughter is grown and definitely on her own :D.

Hi pookycat. It's good to have some one alive here. We started with quite a few and it's only a small number left.

Yes, I do have a special event coming up. A well deserved cruise over Halloween. Can't wait. But for some dumb reason, I lost 22 lbs. and now not only am I stalled out, I can't seem to "not" eat bad things. I don't get it. Need a shrink maybe. Anyway, my countdown is like 47 days! I know I'll never look like Angelina Jolie again! First off, I never have. LOL I've always been short and sorta doughy. And second, I'am almost 60 ;years old! Ouch, that hurts to say. I realize some things just will never be, but cruise or not cruise, I would like this extra 20 to come off.

The nutrisystem does work. I had 4 months of the stuff and can't afford any more, but I did learn portion size. Now I'am trying to make what I have last, and think that might be part of the problem. I guess just stay on it full time till it's gone.

How much do you have to lose? 10 lbs? You sound very motivated, I think you be able to do that fast. I did find if I used the treadmill the weight came off easy, but then the weather got hot, and I stopped. It's outside. Anyway, now I just need to get back in the habit on cooler days.

Willie -

I can totally relate! I hit 40 pounds earlier this spring and have pretty much been doing a 2 - 3 pound yo-yo since then bouncing between being good and eating right and then indulging on the bad stuff.

I'm close to 60 too! And I never have been tiny and never will - but at this age I don't want to be skinny. I just want to be a healthy weight and be fit and able to do things.

I have at least another 30 pounds that need to come off - I'd really be happy if I could get off another 40! I really was about 85 pounds overweight when I started NS a year ago and I know I was headed for a heart attack.

NS works for me and it really does teach one how to recognize realistic portions! DH and I figured that NS doesn't cost that much more than buying the right foods at the store does. Our overall grocery bill hasn't changed that much - I'm on NS and he isn't. And I figure I'll have to be on some version of NS forever if I want to be sure to keep it off. I will need it to help control. But I no longer get a shipment every 4 weeks - the number of lunches and dinners that I end up eating out seems to extend every shipment by at least a week or two.

Even more than NS, I find that when I plan what I am going to eat and then stick to that plan, I do way better than when i "wing" it.

I was doing the walk-at-home dvd that I got from NS several times a week when I injured my knee - now I'm having to get back up to speed with exercising by using the elliptical machine I have - fortunate it's inside!!

I am re-motivated because I ordered a dress for my daughter's wedding that I know is going to be a little snug :eek: and I need to lose that 10 lbs by then - then coming hot on the heels of the holidays is the Hawaii cruise - so I have lots of motivation in my future.

Where are you going on your Halloween cruise? That has got to be a super fun one!! Is there going to be a costume party? Are you taking a costume?

I'm perfectly willing to help and support you if you want to work together to achieve our goals!

Melanie

Hello,

My dh & I returned from our recent Alaska cruise (we had a ball) and we had to weigh ourselves for a helicopter excursion. We both weighed more than we had in our entire lives. Of course it wasn't a surprise but it was a true dose of reality.

Anyway we are doing a cruise in late March and we decided to make some big changes when we got home. We just ordered the NS deal at Costco and now are waiting for the cards to arrive so we can start our NS ordering.

I would love to join in the support system here - we are really excited about losing weight but we haven't really dieted in a long time so we are going to have to work hard! I need to lose 40 pounds and dh is also looking at a 40 lb goal.

Welcome C.J.!

The more the merrier! It is really great that you and your DH are going to do NS together.

The best advice I can give you at this point is to be sure to follow the plan and get in ALL of the add-ins. The fruit, veggies and dairy are critical to making it work.

There is lots of information on the NS website too including ways to track your food, calories and exercise.

One of my biggest fears is that I will take off the remaining weight only to put a chunck of it back on when we go on the Hawaii cruise :eek:. So having a group like this (I'm hoping) will also help keep me focused on not going over-board where the food is concerned.

Maybe we can get this board active again!!

Melanie

Good morning girls. How's things going today? I wish the heck work would get busier, too much down time, and you know what that means....snacking because I'am bored and frustrated. One girl where I work is overweight and could care less, and the other one is thin and eats whatever she wants. :eek: So needless to say there is always food there. We have a little kitchen, fridge, microwave. I keep the right foods there for me, but man, if there is something really good sitting around, I find I would rather eat it then cherry tomatoes. No will power some days, most, but not all.

Melanie, it's so awesome that your last 40 pounds! Many people don't realize what a big deal that is. It's a huge deal! I've lost 50 twice. (you'd think I'd learn huh?) Only 30 to go, why that means your way more then half way there! Woohoo! Go girl!

Bikinibottom, welcome! Hawaii, awesome! You sound so ready to do this, and with that name, how can you not be in one? Bikini bottom that is.

We'll all stick together on this and win.

Halloween is a blast on a ship. A lot of people dressed up, and some of the costumes were so funny.:):):)

Willie - I totally understand! I keep "good choice" snacks around too but the bad ones are much tastier! And when the stress level goes up or I get bored (like you), I tend to want to pop something bad into the mouth.

Maintaining focus when trying to lose weight is a day-to-day challenge and it is one that I don't always win.

We had a food day today and I definitely gave into temptation. Plus we went out to lunch! :eek:

And tomorrow we have a wedding to go to!!

The one thing that really has helped me - especially this summer - is that I choose to minimize those days. Just because I slipped today, doesn't mean I can clip tomorrow or the next day.

I know that I have to do this if I want to be here to enjoy life to the fullest.

You can do this! Just keep those healthy snacks on hand - watch your portions and calories. This body won't get into a bikini but I am looking forward to my size 14 mother of the bride dress!

Where is your Halloween cruise going to?

Melanie

Thank you for the kind welcomes. We got our NS gift cards in the mail yesterday and went online and registered and ordered our food!

I guess it will take a few days before we can officially start now. It is good to have my dh doing it too. In the past when I have done Jenny Craig and other programs he has never participated and it made it a lot harder to stay dedicated.

He is also online right now ordering an eliptical trainer from Costco! (I am scared to see our AMEX bill this month - lol) but I know having something like that along with our reduced calories will be helpful. I do find when I spend money to commit to something I am a lot more disciplined. I have a goal of losing 40 pounds. I have not put a timeline on it just that I want to be back to my weight of 15 years ago which is 40 pounds less than I am today!

I am looking forward to chatting with you all over the next few months!!

bb (for short) you are so lucky, I think, your DH is doing this with you. Mine thought about it, till he found out how much it costs and changed his mind. LOL I cook for him everyday, and since I really like my cooking, (sick of it, hate doing it, but like the result...) it makes it tougher for me I think. But it is what it is, and I have been strong at dinner for the most part.

Went to Italian last night with friends. I had a salad and half of a 4 meat sub. The chicken fettacini alfredo looked awesome and kept calling to me. Also one girl had the bacon and avacado with shrimp salad. Heaven to see. I could have done withour the 1/2 sub, but had had a few wines by that time, and you know how that goes!

Getting out the cruise clothes today. If that does'nt make me stay strong, nothing will!

I hope someone can do this for you, I can barely figure out how to turn on the computer. I hope you stay here with us other NS users.

I got an e-mail from sis-in-law this morning. She's getting together a group to lose weight using MONEY as a reward. Oh yah. Everyone puts $20 bucks in a pot, if you don't show up to weigh in, or gain weight, you owe the pot. If your the winner at the end of 6 weeks, you win the pot. Hmmm....I do like money. I told her I was in. Plus I'am competitive and love to win at anything.

I wish I could just wake up in the morning and weigh 115 and just forget all this diet crap.

Hi,I'm interested in trying out NS.Could you send me the link for the $30 and$ 50 coupons.Thanks

Hi Leanne!

Welcome to the group!

All I know about is the $30 coupon and what I know about them is that you have to sign up with NS and establish an account with your email address. Then you give your email address to a NS member and they then request a "buddy bucks" coupon for you. NS will then email it to you and when you order, your "buddy" also gets a $30 off coupon.

I had a rough time the last few days of last week and I made lots of bad food choices and now I am really angry with myself because the scale reflected it this morning. Now I just have to work harder!

It's a new week and I can focus on the goal!!

Melanie

Kinda had a bad day. I need to look at the big picture, work wise, and not focus on a few days. Whining a little.

I'll while with you! Today was good but it's the first good day in a week. Not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow.

So maybe what we need is a challenge! I challenge us to commit to 7 100% days in a row! Let's focus on watching those calories and portion control. This will be a good challenge for me as I head up to my daughter's this weekend to try on my dress for her wedding and I always stray off plan while there.

We can do this, Willie!!

High five to ya. Let's give it a shot. What do we have to lose huh? Oh ya, inches! The economy is killing me. For real. I have made $15 so far this week. I think after this cruise (in 38 days!) I need to go be a greeter at Wal-Mart or something. Bite the bullet and work the stupid nights and week ends if need be. Every time I decide to do this, it's gets busier at work and I stay. I really like the girls where I work and don't want to leave. Or am I using that for an excuse to not really work? Sitting on my dimpled ass for 7 or 8 hours everyday waiting is not helping with this diet thing either!

Awe, nothing like a good rant first thing in the morning. Better now.

Then I suggest we commit to checking in here each day and share how we did. Even if you don't eat the NS food, you can still stay "on plan" by getting in the right number of proteins, veggies, fruits and low-gi carbs so we can do this!

Then we can also provide support and encouragement for each other.

So cheers to a great start!!

Melanie

Hi Friends!

I'm posting early because I head for Chicago tomorrow to spend the weekend with my daughter. I have my NS food packed and am determined to stay on plan.

I did really good today although one small piece of candy did slip into the day - but that is much improved on what I had been allowing in.

So here's to a great beginning!!

Have a great weekend and I will check in when I can.

Melanie

I had a successful day today and so did dh. I just added up my total calories for the day and it was 1075. I have to say we are both pleasantly surprised so far at the good taste of the food.

Melanie - have a safe trip and good for you for packing your food! I will be interested to hear how it goes! Good luck!

Archived