Greenock - private driver/taxi - distillery visit

Hello,

We have decided to "take it easy" in Greenock.

We want to visit Glengoyne distillery for a 1 - 1 1/2 hours tour and would love to see some of the rolling hills / beautiful scenery.

Maybe a tour that takes not more than 5-6 hours in total. Not planning on visiting Stirling castle. What area /stops should we include for the scenery? Is there perhaps a half day group tour out of Greenock? Any local cab companies you can recommend?

Or anyone else you can recommend that you toured with? All the tours I found were full day tours or out of Glasgow, which we want to skip if possible.

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the info. I contacted them and they charge 35 Gbp/hour.

However they have not really recommended much other than taking a look at their leaflet.

By the time we reach Greenock, we are just looking for a 4-5 hour tour max. We plan to spend 1 1/2 hours max at Glengoyne.

Where should we tell the driver to drive around next? We do not want to visit Stirling castle, much rather spend some time around Trossach/Loch Lomond.

Any recommendations ?

Thank you :D

I should just tell them that. Glengoyne plus Loch Lomond and Trossachs. The driver will know where to take you if you just leave it to him. Book it for say 5 hours and he can improvise on the day, depending on the weather conditions.

• 1 month later...

Do you know if the taxis are sedans or vans. I would be interested in seeing the country side also. I don't think you could get 4 large people in a sedan. Would much prefer a van. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you know if the taxis are sedans or vans. I would be interested in seeing the country side also. I don't think you could get 4 large people in a sedan. Would much prefer a van. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

They probably do have larger vehicles, but you would need to request one and probably pay a little more. Best to email and enquire.

They probably do have larger vehicles, but you would need to request one and probably pay a little more. Best to email and enquire.

Thank you for the reply. I contacted the taxi company a few days ago. Waiting to hear back from them.