Left Luggage

soupyfamily

The last time we were in LA doing a B2B the ship didn't offer even one tour. We booked one on our own with another couple who were taking a late PM flight and the guy driving the van dropped them off at the airport after we were finished that afternoon.

What it cost them for the tour was close to what a shuttle from the ship would have been.

I doubt if your on a Princess scheduled tour they'll do likewise.

Coming off a cruise in LA early in the morning. Flight from LAX is not until 17.00, is there a left luggage facility at the port and any suggestions to pass a few hours.

Thanks

Paul

Rent a car, luggage goes in the trunk, and spend a little time driving to Malibu and up the coast.

We did that on a long layover, which is basically what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rent a car, luggage goes in the trunk, and spend a little time driving to Malibu and up the coast.

We did that on a long layover, which is basically what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s pretty brilliant, and probably far cheaper than stowing luggage with a service.

Two other options...

-See if Sunseeker tours has something that day.

-Check out the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. They’ll hold your luggage. Be on the road around 14:00 for a 17:00 flight.

As stated no luggage service to LAX. Late last year Princess offered two excursions that ended at LAX. One was a day (4 hours) at Long Beach to do whatever you wanted and the other was an excursion to Universal Studios. We are on a cruise early next year and the only offer is the Universal Studio excursion ending at LAX so far. We are starting to look at private excursions as we don't want to do Universal Studios.

As stated no luggage service to LAX. Late last year Princess offered two excursions that ended at LAX. One was a day (4 hours) at Long Beach to do whatever you wanted and the other was an excursion to Universal Studios. We are on a cruise early next year and the only offer is the Universal Studio excursion ending at LAX so far. We are starting to look at private excursions as we don't want to do Universal Studios.

What I don't understand is why aren't there more tours offered by Princess in LA?

Certainly there are many tour operators who would love to do business with Princess.

What I don't understand is why aren't there more tours offered by Princess in LA?

Certainly there are many tour operators who would love to do business with Princess.

This is just a guess...

maybe the problem is that Princess is guaranteeing that you'll be delivered to the airport on time?? Hard to do in LA.

I just read about the luggage valet on the Princess website, and I am considering using it since we will be flying into and out of LA. For one 50 lb bag it costs $124 for each leg. I know that sounds like a lot, but with the baggage fees being charged by many airlines, I don't think it is all that unreasonable considering the bag goes from your house to your room, and then from the ship to your house.

This is just a guess...

maybe the problem is that Princess is guaranteeing that you'll be delivered to the airport on time?? Hard to do in LA.

I guess we just didn't see that much traffic the day we did a tour. We were out much of the day starting at around 8 AM, stopping at around 4 or 5 places before downtown LA, returning the other people to the airport at around 2:30 PM & got back to the ship with plenty of time before sailing.

I just read about the luggage valet on the Princess website, and I am considering using it since we will be flying into and out of LA. For one 50 lb bag it costs $124 for each leg. I know that sounds like a lot, but with the baggage fees being charged by many airlines, I don't think it is all that unreasonable considering the bag goes from your house to your room, and then from the ship to your house.

Looking at the terms/conditions there were limitations such as:

a) No items containing alcohol such as perfume, cologne, etc.

b) No food items

c) No electronic devices or any device with a battery

d) No vitamins

e) No medical devices

f) No aerosol cans

g) No tobacco

I could not easily find it at the provided link, but I remember that in the past you had to have the luggage picked up a week before it was to be delivered to the ship.