Best Western Oceanside Plus Inn on Ft. Lauderdale Beach

sleepless

By all means make a reservation elsewhere so at least you have something but I'd keep checking the BW site...ever since I booked I've seen them either with vacancies or full...for the same dates that we've booked. I'm sure people book and cancel all the time. You still have time before your cruise.

Hey you were spot on. I tried back and got a reservation using my Best Western points for the night that I needed. I will be staying pre-cruise and post cruise now. I really like the location of this hotel and the staff. Thanks again for the advice.

Hey you were spot on. I tried back and got a reservation using my Best Western points for the night that I needed. I will be staying pre-cruise and post cruise now. I really like the location of this hotel and the staff. Thanks again for the advice.

You're welcome! Hope you come back here when you return and let me (and everyone really) know if it lives up to it's good reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting at fll airport due to flight delays. Ugh! BW was good old school hotel. Clean and friendly. Took $1 trolley to Winn Dixie, Ross, Dollar Tree and more all right together. Close to beach as said. Would stayvafain if looking for very basic hotel. Pool was fine and as previously said on here, bar and restaurant onsite. Best Cuban sandwich ever had. Uber cheaper and fine rather than taxi. Next time will stay at Embassy Suites as so close to all you need in walking distance but not steps from beach. You choose and either good depending on what important to you. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sitting at fll airport due to flight delays. Ugh! BW was good old school hotel. Clean and friendly. Took $1 trolley to Winn Dixie, Ross, Dollar Tree and more all right together. Close to beach as said. Would stayvafain if looking for very basic hotel. Pool was fine and as previously said on here, bar and restaurant onsite. Best Cuban sandwich ever had. Uber cheaper and fine rather than taxi. Next time will stay at Embassy Suites as so close to all you need in walking distance but not steps from beach. You choose and either good depending on what important to you. [emoji41]

Thanks for the report. We will keep our reservation as we'd like to compare locations for yet another visit to Ft Lauderdale. Doubt we will use the beach but we like walking in that area and the restaurants etc. Great people watcher location! I think basic is fine for this stay as it's just between two cruises we are doing. Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...
Sitting at fll airport due to flight delays. Ugh! BW was good old school hotel. Clean and friendly. Took $1 trolley to Winn Dixie, Ross, Dollar Tree and more all right together. Close to beach as said. Would stayvafain if looking for very basic hotel. Pool was fine and as previously said on here, bar and restaurant onsite. Best Cuban sandwich ever had. Uber cheaper and fine rather than taxi. Next time will stay at Embassy Suites as so close to all you need in walking distance but not steps from beach. You choose and either good depending on what important to you. [emoji41]/

Thanks for getting back to us. Glad you liked the Best Western. We are looking forward to our stay there.

We have stayed at the Embassy in the past. We did like it, and would stay there again if only planning on a night or two. This time, however, we are planning on staying for 4 nights, so wanted to stay closer to the ocean.

January 2018, I stayed 5 nights and January 2019 will stay again 5 nights at the Best Western Oceanside.

They do not have a shuttle to/from airport/port. I took a taxi (around $25 includes tip) to the hotel and Uber (someone else paid I think around $20) to Port.

January 2019, our cruise is out of Miami. Shuttles services posted on CC, charge more for pickup from beach hotels, Best Western Oceanside, said they have a shuttle service they use that only charge $25/pp to MIA Port.

They have a great breakfast - make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice/tea/coffee/milk, bread/bagels/muffins, fruit, cheese, deli meat, scrambled eggs, each day a different hot selection - ham/sausages.

They have a bar that also sells small selection of hot food. They have washer/dryers, bikes to rent, with loungers round the pool and tables with umbrellas, pool towels at pool, room had small refrigerator, microwave, safe, iron/board, ice machine in hallway.

To get to the beach, exit the front door, turn right, pass the next hotel, at the beach. Or, elevator down to parking, turn left, walk to the corner, turn left, pass the back of the next hotel, at the beach entrance. This year, there were some picnic tables and a few wooden chairs, volleyball nets at this end of the beach (main beach area do not have chairs/tables).

You can exit the front door, turn right and walk along the sidewalk and walk the oceanfront (ocean on one side and stores/restaurants on the other).

You are so close to the beach but not paying oceanfront prices.

The regular bus (cash) have stops in front of the hotel. The Sun Trolley runs in front of the hotel, just have to flag it down. It is $1(cash)/pp/each time you exit also has an all day price. It runs roughly every 20-30 minutes, I think they stop around 6pm so make sure what time the last run is.

The water taxi, is maybe a block or two away on the opposite side of the hotel. Buy the tickets (cash, credit) onboard. They have different routes (3 I think). Make sure you go at night. We spend all day, switched routes, and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

The hotel next door has a restaurant. Best Western has a small hot selection of food from the bar. I saw people eating and it smelt and looked good. We have walked along the oceanfront to different restaurants. We have used the Sun Trolley to get restaurants along the oceanfront, the 17th Street restaurants, and the water taxi. We took the Sun Trolley to Coconuts (street behind oceanfront), we always go Kelly’s Landing (off 17th Street). There are a lot of different restaurants in the 17th Street area, a few grocery store, liquor store. The Sun Trolley depot (start spot) is in a shopping plaza that has a grocery, liquor, other stores, Five Guys, Duffy’s Sports Bar.

The staff are very friendly and made us welcome. This year while we were there, they stream cleaned all the hall/room carpets for our floor so they were keeping the hotel well cared for. You can get free water bottle at the front desk.

Thank you for all of this useful information. I did book the Best Western for 4 night for our upcoming cruise.

While you are there, check out the Marriott Harbor Beach, its up around the corner from the BW, Its a huge property, has a nice but $$ restaurant, Starbucks and another restaurant on the beach with beach fare. You have to go through the hotel past the pool, that is a separate building. We will be there in a few weeks

• 2 weeks later...
While you are there, check out the Marriott Harbor Beach, its up around the corner from the BW, Its a huge property, has a nice but $$ restaurant, Starbucks and another restaurant on the beach with beach fare. You have to go through the hotel past the pool, that is a separate building. We will be there in a few weeks

Hope you have a nice time. Let us know about the hotel, please.