Let's get this party started! ~ Symphony B2B in the Med ~ 7/1 & 7/8 - LIVE with Joe!

As far as questions go, can you check for me what specialty coffees may or may not be available in Park Cafe? I know when we were on the Oasis, Park Cafe had an espresso machine. It doesn’t look like the expanded layout on the Harmony or Symphony does, but I just want to be sure. We’ll be on deck 8 for the transatlantic, so it’d be nice to have such a convenient spot for a morning latte. Thanks!

Hi Joe,

Looking forward to your review. I just left the Symphony yesterday and the withdrawal symptoms are real. I did a live review too, check it out! I’ll leave the link.

Not sure if you are aware but depending on your phone provider you will have free data at all ports as roaming is now free all over Europe. I am on O2 and didn’t purchase Voom I just used my data bundle as per normal at no extra cost. Only catch was I didn’t have data at sea but it was quite healthy for me to stop scrolling aimlessly through Love Island memes for a few hours.

Go to El Nacional for dinner in Barcelona. It’s a selection of four restaurants, been to them all and they can’t be faulted. Also try going inside the Sagrada familia or Casa Batlo. Have the best time!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2645906

PS Also love that video (my partner is from Fort William area so I am well versed in Scottish humour)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Joe,

If you could take a photo of the mdr menu each day too please, that would be great. Trying to work out what the 'weaker' nights are so we can book a couple of speciality restaurants!

Thanks.

You can see all of the menus in the app.

The app shows the same menu for each day unless I'm mistaken? The mdr menu changes daily though.

The app shows the menu for each day :) just pick the “show more” option in the times shown for the MDR and you’ll see a different menu for each day.

Does anyone have any questions?

Well, in the line of things that may not interest other people, I can't wait to hear about the wings at the sports bar. I hope they are actually deep fried, but maybe that isn't possible on a ship? The best authentic Buffalo wings are deep fried, not baked.

Well, in the line of things that may not interest other people, I can't wait to hear about the wings at the sports bar. I hope they are actually deep fried, but maybe that isn't possible on a ship? The best authentic Buffalo wings are deep fried, not baked.

On the refurbished Mariner the wings at Playmakers are fried and they were DELICIOUS :)

Thanks all for the comments!

Cannot wait for boarding the ship alongside the Sailaway Party from Barcelona. Hope to recreate this scene from my favorite movie of recent times:

This will be the first time in several cruises that I will visit the gym. Wish me luck!

Will also be attending many Cruise Director activities, with my ambition to become one myself. Afternoons spent at the Waterslides as well.

Thanks all for the comments!

Cannot wait for boarding the ship alongside the Sailaway Party from Barcelona. Hope to recreate this scene from my favorite movie of recent times:

This will be the first time in several cruises that I will visit the gym. Wish me luck!

Will also be attending many Cruise Director activities, with my ambition to become one myself. Afternoons spent at the Waterslides as well.

Joe, I didn’t know you wanted to be a Cruise Director! I think you would be the perfect fit for it, judging by your posts and lively personality. I think it’s great that you keep track of the current ones and shadow them as part of your ambition, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you onstage on one of my future cruises!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe, I didn’t know you wanted to be a Cruise Director! I think you would be the perfect fit for it, judging by your posts and lively personality. I think it’s great that you keep track of the current ones and shadow them as part of your ambition, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing you onstage on one of my future cruises!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! I was interested in the role for a while, but seeing Abe Hughes on Harmony really inspired me. Since that cruise, I have been doing a bit of planning and already have an idea of what I would be like. Definitely trying to emulate the best and learn how not to do it from the worst. Disclaimer though - I probably would not be your typical RCI CD.

I'm so looking forward to this! We're on a B2B on Symphony in August and I'm very interested in how they handle the turnaround day for those cruisers. Are you planning on doing any speciality restaurants? If you're able to get copies of the cruise compass and kids club sheets that would be fantastic. Happy holidays! XX

We just got off the Symphony

This is what we experienced,the Rome people will get orange cards regardless of your status and Barcelona people will get blue

The turn overs are seamless there are two muster drills if you are orange cards you go when you embark and if blue you will have a muster drill.when you embark

Otherwise the ship works the same

Looking forward to your review. We are going on this itinerary on the Oasis 2019 September (only one time through.) We are a group of 6+ Americans who have never been to Europe before and are trying to learn all we can about the itinerary and this class ship.

PRE-CRUISE:

Full day in Barcelona on Saturday. If anyone has any recommendations of what to do, please let me know. Stayed there for a full day before Allure in 2015, but I didn't enjoy it as we crammed it all in on one day (2 Hop on Hop Off rides in 1 day with warm weather).

Unsure of restaurants in Barcelona. It's always easy in the States or UK to find somewhere, but last time in Barcelona, we walked for about 2 hours and saw nothing other than Tapas bars. Before Harmony, we just went to McDonalds as it was a late evening. Probably finding an Irish Bar and perhaps an American place (maybe Hard Rock Cafe in Placa Catalunya).

After breakfast, heading direct to ship on Sunday morning (hoping to be onboard by around 11.30am).

Joe, I have been to that Hard Rock and we had an amazing time. My teen son wants to go to Hard Rock in every city that we visit and the Barcelona one is one of the best!

If you do decide to try something more "Spanish" we really enjoyed Ultramarinos on La Rambla. Its super kitchy but the food was good and the services was a blast! They do have Tapas, but also burgers and pizza so a pretty varied menu.

Enjoy!

Anyone who has previously sailed Symphony and attended 80's night in the Promenade? I wish that it was still 70's night. LOVE the YMCA!!

I forget what you said, are you starting your travel Thursday or Friday? I have heard of Ryan Air, but don't know anything about them.

I forget what you said, are you starting your travel Thursday or Friday? I have heard of Ryan Air, but don't know anything about them.

Early on Friday morning. 6.30am flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona. Ryanair is Europe's answer to Spirit.

The Cruise Director in me made sure to check with Royal Caribbean regarding the theme nights on Symphony. Below is they told me would be included:

'Symphony hosts an 80's Party, White Party, 50's & 60's Party, and a Latin Fiesta.'

What do you make of those entertainment options? I'm definitely going to the 80's night. I might give the 50's & 60's party another try, although it was terrible on Harmony. No idea what the White Party and Latin Fiesta are.

The Entertainment and Activities on the Oasis Class ships are fantastic. Any recommendations for shows or activities to see/do?

No idea what the White Party and Latin Fiesta are.

Hi,

Will be in Symphony on 26th August 2018 sailling and very excited to follow your reviews.

I thing that "The White Party" it's only people dessed with white clothes. We had WP on NCL Epic and it's was only that!

I hope you will have a lot's of fun in Symphony!

Bags pretty much packed. Now just need to get my OCD in order and relax.

Join me on Periscope - @josephdaisley01. Scopes starting from tomorrow (or late tonight if you are US based).

Ignore my first scope - it was just a test and only shows a living room.