Inside cabins on the Coral

Cruise Raider

I am still undecided on this cruise but am checking out the inside cabins on the Coral Princess and am looking for a little advice as to which are decent rooms and which are 'avoid at all costs' rooms.

I see that P629, D720 and some aft cabins on the Caribe (C710, C711, C723, C724) and Emerald (E718, E719, E729) decks are available. I am not really interested in the Baja deck as it appears to be right under a public deck in the back .... so assuming it would be noisy. Not sure but does anyone know if B629 is ok in terms of noise from above? On this cruise, not at all interested in booking a balcony, or should I say, cannot justify the cost so am mainly interested in any pros and cons of these aft inside cabins.

The one on the dolphin deck (D720) looks to be a bit larger. Is this correct? Also the ones on the Caribe deck are sideways cabins. Is this good or bad? Of the cabins listed, does anyone have any experience with noise issues?? Thanks in advance!

I am still undecided on this cruise but am checking out the inside cabins on the Coral Princess and am looking for a little advice as to which are decent rooms and which are 'avoid at all costs' rooms.

I see that P629, D720 and some aft cabins on the Caribe (C710, C711, C723, C724) and Emerald (E718, E719, E729) decks are available. I am not really interested in the Baja deck as it appears to be right under a public deck in the back .... so assuming it would be noisy. Not sure but does anyone know if B629 is ok in terms of noise from above? On this cruise, not at all interested in booking a balcony, or should I say, cannot justify the cost so am mainly interested in any pros and cons of these aft inside cabins.

The one on the dolphin deck (D720) looks to be a bit larger. Is this correct? Also the ones on the Caribe deck are sideways cabins. Is this good or bad? Of the cabins listed, does anyone have any experience with noise issues?? Thanks in advance!

My first choice would be one on Caribe deck near the aft viewing area which in the photo is one deck below that guy standing by himself. (it's the largest outside aft area)

Second might be Plaza near the Piazza.

There are a few sideways cabin threads if you do a search.

photo-e.jpg

My first choice would be one on Caribe deck near the aft viewing area which in the photo is one deck below that guy standing by himself. (it's the largest outside aft area)

Second might be Plaza near the Piazza.

There are a few sideways cabin threads if you do a search.

photo-e.jpg

Thanks Colo Cruiser!! I think I will pick the Caribe deck aft as it looks like they have furniture out there. Since I will not have a balcony on which to enjoy my coffee in the morning, that might be really convenient.

You've already ruled out the aft cabins on Baja, and I imagine you've ruled out the four insides forward on that deck as well. If not, please rule these out as well. They're under the buffet galley, and the noise from that pretty much all night is incredible. I put us there once. Never again!

Thanks Colo Cruiser!! I think I will pick the Caribe deck aft as it looks like they have furniture out there. Since I will not have a balcony on which to enjoy my coffee in the morning, that might be really convenient.

The viewing deck does indeed have loungers. We had the aft-facing OV on Baja and it was great to have that big deck with loungers only a few steps from our cabin door. I think you will be pleased with your choice. Enjoy your cruise. :D

• 10 months later...

I'm one not liking aft cabins because of engine noise and/or vibrations, I always choose cabins mid-ship to more forward. I do like Plaza for the convenience of access to the IC. I am an early riser though so noise on port days doesn't bother me.

If those cabins are taken, I try to have cabins above and below me in my deck choice. I don't go to the buffet area much, spend more time on 5, 6 and 7 so I rarely choose upper decks any more. All of this is personal choice, just tossing a few of my thoughts out there! :) Enjoy your cruise!

[The one on the dolphin deck (D720) looks to be a bit larger. Is this correct? Also the ones on the Caribe deck are sideways cabins. Is this good or bad? Of the cabins listed, does anyone have any experience with noise issues?? Thanks in advance!

We have cruised in cabin C724 before. It was not a sideways cabin in the sense that the door opens into the bedroom like on some ships. It has the same layout as any other inside cabin. We did not experience any problem with hallway noise with the exposure of the length of the room to the hallway if that is your concern. We loved that location and have booked the same room for our Alaska cruise coming up in May.

We have cruised in cabin C724 before. It was not a sideways cabin in the sense that the door opens into the bedroom like on some ships. It has the same layout as any other inside cabin. We did not experience any problem with hallway noise with the exposure of the length of the room to the hallway if that is your concern. We loved that location and have booked the same room for our Alaska cruise coming up in May.

And we'll be setting sail in C724 in 12 days. Been on the Coral before and know what a good location that is.

Which reminds me...I'd better start packing.

• 4 months later...
Out of curiosity, did you book the inside cabin on Caribe Deck Aft and if so can you give me feedback on engine noise or vibrations? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late response. No, I did not end up booking this cabin. We found a great deal on a balcony cabin instead. That's always better than an inside cabin.