GTY not assigned six days out? Luggage tags?

flarad

I knew it was a risk but couldn’t beat the deal. I don’t even really mind not knowing until sailing but... My question is what do we do about luggage tags if we don’t have a cabin to put on them?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you printed your cruise docs? I imagine if they are available for printing there should be something there. If not I'd be hot on the phone, to find out what is going on. For me that would be just a bit too stressful than getting ready to unplug and get away from it all should be.

Edited by RD29P5

No need to worry about the tags. If you don't print them off just go to the porter and they'll give you the tags. Just be sure to print your name and the cabin # which he can also provide you with if you don't have it yet.

That is what we always do now days. We used to do them ourselves or depend on them coming in the mail. Now we just wait til we get to the ship; they always have all the info one needs.

I knew it was a risk but couldn’t beat the deal. I don’t even really mind not knowing until sailing but... My question is what do we do about luggage tags if we don’t have a cabin to put on them?

The porters at the pier will have a list of cabins. They will tag your bags for you.

BTW, I have never printed luggage tags. I always use this method.

I also never print luggage tags. They are going through the process of upsells now for the cruises next weekend, so your cabin should be assigned in the next couple of days. Worst case, if you don’t have a cabin number when you show up, they’ll have a manifest and can find it for you.

Have you printed your cruise docs? I imagine if they are available for printing there should be something there. If not I'd be hot on the phone, to find out what is going on. For me that would be just a bit too stressful than getting ready to unplug and get away from it all should be.

Incorrect. The OP just said that they have not been assigned a room yet. So there are no tags to print.

The OP can wait until GTY is filled and print or let the porter do a manual rag at the port.

Gty are not good, hope you learned.

This is our second GTY. The first time our room was assigned long before sailing and was an upgrade. So, no, I haven’t learned, I got a fabulous rate and can wait. I was just curious what to do about luggage tags.

Incorrect. The OP just said that they have not been assigned a room yet. So there are no tags to print.

The OP can wait until GTY is filled and print or let the porter do a manual rag at the port.

Funny thing, last week we had luggage tags that said GTY on them. This week they have disappeared. There is nothing there. I guess we’re in for a surprise at the port.