Our day in Puntarenas with lots of photos...and review of Gio Tours

AryMay

After getting home from a 23-day Panama Canal cruise on the HAL Zaandam, I am in the process of editing hundreds (probably thousands) of photos and writing about our experiences in my blog.

Since I get so much help and information from Cruise Critic, I wanted to share what we did on our port day in Puntarenas in hopes it might be helpful for others planning to visit there. We spent the day with Gio Tours and enjoyed every minute. Our guide, Jesus, had such a knowledge and passion for his country and really made the day special.

Eventually I will get blog posts done for each of the dozen ports we stopped at, but for now here is the link so you can read about what we did in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.

I would be happy to answer questions on this thread as well!

AryMay, You must have had such a wonderful journey. Thanks so much for sharing details about your Gio Tour in Puntarenas! We will be visiting there in the Fall. Seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your tour, are you glad you chose Gio Tours?

AryMay, You must have had such a wonderful journey. Thanks so much for sharing details about your Gio Tour in Puntarenas! We will be visiting there in the Fall. Seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your tour, are you glad you chose Gio Tours?

Yes...I was very happy with our tour. Our guide, Jesus, was one of the best we have ever had. Hopefully if you decide to book the tour you will be lucky enough to have him as well. He was so passionate and knowledgeable about Costa Rica.

I am slowly working on videos that cover each of our port days on the cruise. I have the one done for Puntarenas and will be posting it to YouTube soon! I will try and remember to come back here and post a link.