What is the Escape room onboard the ship ?

Bella_boo

Just off Ruby and sign up was on embarkation day.....Did it with my son..as he and I Love puzzles....our group of 6, got the results quickly(according to Ana she stated we solved it quicker than anyone she had seen, but I doubt that. ..deductive reasoning always wins out...Thought it was clever how it was presented....it was fun but you must work together and quickly.

We must have had a stupid group. :D

We barely solved it in 30 minutes.

We did it a couple of weeks ago on Sapphire Princess. Our group of six finished in 13 minutes. We were stoked!

Oh great - so you spend maybe 30 minutes plus getting there early to sign up. Then you arrive early downstairs before being taken up to the event then in 13 minutes you're done. WHOOPEE!:rolleyes:

Sounds like Golf where the fewer times you get to hit the ball the more "fun" you have.;p

Not for me.... :cool:

Oh great - so you spend maybe 30 minutes plus getting there early to sign up. Then you arrive early downstairs before being taken up to the event then in 13 minutes you're done. WHOOPEE!:rolleyes:

Sounds like Golf where the fewer times you get to hit the ball the more "fun" you have.;p

Nope, it's not for everyone.

Maybe sitting at a bar or sleeping is better? :rolleyes:

Just off Ruby and sign up was on embarkation day.....Did it with my son..as he and I Love puzzles....our group of 6, got the results quickly(according to Ana she stated we solved it quicker than anyone she had seen, but I doubt that. ..deductive reasoning always wins out...Thought it was clever how it was presented....it was fun but you must work together and quickly.

Spoilers?

We promise not to tell...

Th escape room was offered on the Ruby on our recent Alaska. Per the patter, sign up was available on Glacier Bay day @ 2:30 but didn’t say when it was. I’m sure it did when you signed up however the line into the library was madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Confirming the day of signup, it was on the day the ship was in Glacier Bay? We don't go there until Wednesday. Which day where you there? I am traveling with 8 next month and this has been on the radar for months.

Other threads had indicated the same, that signups were on Embarkation day and was listed in the patter.

It's not for everyone...but I spent no time in line to sign up, the sign up itself took less than 5 minutes. The part downstairs is a part of the activities. You are basically told a story which includes clues to what you'll be doing in the room. So that isn't wasted time.

I wouldn't pay for it, but it was a decent activity. But then, I don't enjoy sitting at a bar and drinking.

Spoilers????...you guys are cracking me up...this is what I posted on another thread today

I and my son did do the Escape room on the May 12, Ruby cruise. Sign ups were from 12-2pm on embarkation day. We were given tickets after the fact for 5:45pm Glacier Bay Day. As others have stated it is in the chapel, but we met at a bar..and proceeded from there. Ana was our host. It had a different twist than escape rooms I have done, which I enjoyed. There were 6 of us, 3, 30 somethings and 3 above 50, we all wanted to "escape" so quickly became a team, and a "leader" was determined after the first few minutes, generally a person who has done an escape room before, as they naturally take the lead.If you think outside the box you will solve the "mystery" rather quickly.

If you are not good at quickly making decisions and taking direction then this might not be something for you. 4 of us were participating and 2 immediately, sat out and watched. This often happens in escape rooms when people find out what is involved. Most of our "problem solving" was done by sitting or kneeling on the floor......as this increased our speed.

It was fun.....but it certainly isn't a must do.....but if you are curious go for it......and hope someone in your group has done an escape room before..it really helps....

So back to the Spoilers....:D answers????? I could not tell you any, as we used some deductive but switched to inductive reasoning, and discerned a pattern. So you do not have time to "think", you are just processing. We also quickly put aside non-essential info.

The 2 other Escape rooms we have participated in gave us an hour or more to Escape. We have always been successful but on our first one with 16 people we needed clues, so needless so say.....this one seemed pretty simple and straight forward.

BTW...this would definitely not be for my DH, that's why I have always done them with our kids.

Edited by land lover

Spoilers????...you guys are cracking me up...this is what I posted on another thread today

I and my son did do the Escape room on the May 12, Ruby cruise. Sign ups were from 12-2pm on embarkation day. We were given tickets after the fact for 5:45pm Glacier Bay Day. As others have stated it is in the chapel, but we met at a bar..and proceeded from there. Ana was our host. It had a different twist than escape rooms I have done, which I enjoyed. There were 6 of us, 3, 30 somethings and 3 above 50, we all wanted to "escape" so quickly became a team, and a "leader" was determined after the first few minutes, generally a person who has done an escape room before, as they naturally take the lead.If you think outside the box you will solve the "mystery" rather quickly.

If you are not good at quickly making decisions and taking direction then this might not be something for you. 4 of us were participating and 2 immediately, sat out and watched. This often happens in escape rooms when people find out what is involved. Most of our "problem solving" was done by sitting or kneeling on the floor......as this increased our speed.

It was fun.....but it certainly isn't a must do.....but if you are curious go for it......and hope someone in your group has done an escape room before..it really helps....

So back to the Spoilers....:D answers????? I could not tell you any, as we used some deductive but switched to inductive reasoning, and discerned a pattern. So you do not have time to "think", you are just processing. We also quickly put aside non-essential info.

All the other Escape rooms we have participated in gave us an hour or more to Escape. We have always been successful but on some we needed clues, so needless so say.....this one was seemed pretty simple and straight forward.

We have a group with 4 engineers so we are in trouble! LOL Luckily my 15 year old grand daughter will be on our team. That should help. 4 of our group members go to the two escape room places in Orange County and have done those last year.

Unfortunately the "Race to Escape" program on the science channel did not get picked up for a second year.

We have a group with 4 engineers so we are in trouble! LOL Luckily my 15 year old grand daughter will be on our team. That should help. 4 of our group members go to the two escape room places in Orange County and have done those last year.

Unfortunately the "Race to Escape" program on the science channel did not get picked up for a second year.

OMG! That could be a nightmare... ;p

On our cruise they had 6 sessions which filled....but it wasn't an every day thing. They did it 3 times the evening we participated. That's part of why they keep you downstairs and do the "introduction." Another crew member is upstairs re-setting it from the previous group. When the person doing the intro was called on the walkie-talkie' date=' we were taken upstairs to begin.

I didn't have a clue about what it was other than people here mentioning it, but when I asked the young adults in our party if they wanted to sign up, they know exactly what it was.[/quote']

YES, it's a land thing now too.. common in larger cities as a group experience.