Question About the Charm Bracelet @ Diamond International -

shermar96

Ok, I have read on here that about the charm bracelet & charms that you can pick up at Diamond International. Wished I had known this on my last cruise - now I have to order my charms for those ports. Anyways, do I get the bracelet itself at Diamond International or on the ship itself? I never even knew about the bracelets/charms until I started reading on this forum - MANY THANKS!;)

When you go to a port where there is a Diamonds International, you should get a coupon to take to the store from you shopping host (go to the shopping talk.)

This will get you a nice little bracelet, and at your first stop, you will get the bracelet and a "DI" charm. You will NOT get the charm for your first port however.

On your next stop, you again get a punch card with all the locations on it and they will give you the token for that port and mark off your card.

My DW now got her bracelet and now has charms from Cozumel, Nassau, Key West, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen.

It is a nice memory of where you have cruised.

Here is a picture from the DI page in Cozumel, and you can see how much it would cost to buy the bracelet and charms.

http://www.shopdi.com/search_results.cfm?SearchCriteria=charm+bracelet&x=6&y=8

But, it is more fun to visit anc collect the bracelet and charms.

My DD & I got our bracelets in Progresso. Then we got a sombrerro (sp?) charm in Cozumel & bonoculars charm in Belize. We never wear them though so I don't know about them turning green. It's just a little something extra collect while in some of the ports. It's kinda cute.:)

It may turn your arm green. They are quite 'cheap' and turn very quickly. You can get charms all over the Caribbean, on the Mexican Riviera and in Alaska. I love the idea but, wish they would do them in sterling and charge a small amount at each port. That way they would last much longer.

They are quite cheaply made and nothing to get excited about. Surely not anything to go to any amount of effort to get after the cruise. I definately would not bother ordering the free charms after you've returned. Wouldn't be worth the postage.

That said, on my daughters first cruise, they had fun going to each port and picking up a charm. At the end of the trip they had a nice "free" memento from each island they had visited and had fun collecting them. I doubt they ever wore them after returning home, but it was fun for them.

I got the bracelet and a few charms on our Valor cruise in February. I jokingly referred to them as my "cruise jewels". Now whenever we cruise, I make sure I have my "jewels" with me. You're right, they're nothing very expensive, but a cute souvenir.

Terry

Thank you, jabee, for providing that link. I have read about these charm bracelets and charms before, but never knew what they looked like.

If you want a charm bracelet that you'll actually wear and be proud of, spend a few bucks and buy a decent bracelet and collect the charms separately. I have charms from all my trips (some I bought after the fact on e-bay, most I buy when on vacation). I recently bought a charm of the Liberty Bell to remember my birthday trip to Atlantic City and Philadelphia. I've also got a slot machine for Vegas, a kangaroo for Australia, a gondola for Venice, the Sydney Harbor Bridge, a stringray for Grand Caymen, a rose for Portland, etc.

Mine is silver and is a great, inexpensive way to remember trips and travels. It's a real conversation-starter, that's for sure!

T

• 2 months later...

I look for sterling silver charms online or at a gem show after we cruise. I then can buy the charm that matchs what I remember about the island (port) so it reminds me of that cruise.

I like that my bracelet is tailored to my memories and that it is silver so I can wear it without worrying when my arm will turn green:rolleyes: .

In the shore booklet there was a coupon for the bracelet and 1 charm for that port. And then in the other ports we just got the charms. They are pretty cheap stuff, nothing worth ordering. But if you want then go for it.

They are cheap goldtone garbage and I mean gold TONE as in painted a gold color-not even gold plated. They are not worth picking up.

• 11 years later...

My wife and I both get the bracelets and charm whenever we cruise. It is a fun way to have a free souvenir of the trip. Quality aside, it is fun to collect the memory. We have a lot of fun when hitting the "shopping" ports like Cozumel, and see how many "free" charms we can collect. (Many of the merchants will have signs, "Come in to get your free charm") Yes, you have to step in and see what wares they have, but it is still fun interaction. We make it into a Treasure Hunt of sorts. Now, after 4 cruises, we are building the charm bracelets into a charm necklace. :p

She mainly will wear it on the cruise just as a fun item. Hey... your on vacation..... ENJOY THE MOMENT and build memories. It's the little things that add spice to life. :)