Harmony price drop

Wolffie89

Our sailing dropped prices down a bunch almost $500 of what we paid. I booked with a travel agent and paid in full already. Is there anything we can do as in get a better room or something. Kind of upset I didn't wait! Oct27 sailing

Sure, ask your travel agent what the price would be to upgrade. The agent should be able to give you some options.

Sure, ask your travel agent what the price would be to upgrade. The agent should be able to give you some options.

I sent an email her way but my theory is that I'll just end up paying even more then I already did because the prices dropped so low

If there are still other cabins available, you can request an upgrade and pay the difference. If there is no difference to be paid then essentially it would be a "free" upgrade. Since I assume you mean Oct 27th of this year, you can't get any money back.

I sent an email her way but my theory is that I'll just end up paying even more then I already did because the prices dropped so low

The difference would be between what you originally paid and the price now. Example. If you paid $800 pp for an OV originally and you want to upgrade to balcony that is currently $769 pp. You pay $0 to upgrade.

The difference would be between what you originally paid and the price now. Example. If you paid $800 pp for an OV originally and you want to upgrade to balcony that is currently $769 pp. You pay $0 to upgrade.

That would be awesome if she does allow this. I guess I'll wait for her response. I just figured the agency is in it to make money so why would they allow it

There is plenty of upgraded cabins available for less then I paid but doesnt the travel agency give the rooms back to royal they didnt sell after final payment?

Even if the travel agency has given back staterooms, they can still sell any open stateroom on that cruise.

That would be awesome if she does allow this. I guess I'll wait for her response. I just figured the agency is in it to make money so why would they allow it

Just say I see the price for xxx cabin is at less than what I originally paid and I would like to switch to that stateroom. Or I would like to pay the difference to xxx cabin if the cabin is higher.

They do this all the time. Since our original booking with price drops, we upgraded 4 times and finally landed in a crown loft. Some were no cost upgrades and some were paid upgrades.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What was your previous category and what is your new category?

Went from a regular interior to interior with virtual balcony. We dont spend much time in the room but she did offer a a central park balcony or virtual for the same price. She recommended the virtual. Ocean view and ocean view balcony for an upcharge

Went from a regular interior to interior with virtual balcony. We dont spend much time in the room but she did offer a a central park balcony or virtual for the same price. She recommended the virtual. Ocean view and ocean view balcony for an upcharge

Interesting. I think I would have gone for the natural light.

No, don’t feel your choice was stupid. You were going on the advice of the TA. everyone makes choices, doesn’t make any of them right or wrong. With that being said.... my choice would have been the Central Park balcony also. [emoji6] (Natural light plus perks)

Let us know how it works out. Harmony is a great ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have an option of changing to a ocean view guaranteed from the virtual inside but I would lose my $50 obc. What would you guys do? When I look at the available ocean view rooms they are all on deck 3, I'm currently on deck9. The central park now has a fee to upgrade, waited too long

I have an option of changing to a ocean view guaranteed from the virtual inside but I would lose my $50 obc. What would you guys do? When I look at the available ocean view rooms they are all on deck 3, I'm currently on deck9. The central park now has a fee to upgrade, waited too long

For me, I'd prefer the natural light. However, I can understand how a higher deck might be preferable to some.