Flying with passport card.

Have been trying to find an answer but no luck so I was hoping some-one has done this, Can an American citizen fly between Canadian airports (Toronto to Vancouver ) do so just using a passport card ? I know I can go into Canada driving using the card but do not know about flying. Thank you for any help.

It's government ID with a picture, so is suitable for flying domestic Canadian routes - given that US driving licenses are legal for this purpose, and many of those don't even comply with your own government's rules on proof of ID, a US passport card is more acceptable for proof of identity in Canada than a DL...

Flying into or out of Canada, no go of course.

I know I can go into Canada driving using the card but do not know about flying...

The above replies are correct but I'll just go a little further...

Your question (and title of the thread) leaves me a little confused so I will ask for clarity: you want to use it solely for ID purposes within Canada, correct? To show it as picture ID on a domestic flight? If so, then yes. All they ask for at the gate on a domestic flight is picture ID.

I am an American citizen living in Canada and have used many forms of picture ID on Canadian domestic flights, including my US passport (not the same as your passport card but for the purpose of this conversation, it is).