Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

based on this chart, there no Canada/new England cruises or the Caribbean cruises they sometimes do out of NYC?

Encore stops doing Bermuda in August. After that, it will probably do Canada/NE for a month or so like the Escape. The Canada/NE cruises are out of Boston, NYC and Quebec.

Put me in the camp of not liking the hull art.

I believe it is the color scheme, too bright and I am not a big yellow fan (which I believe takes over the whole thing).

The design itself isn't bad but the colors make it seem like a child's drawing. I wonder if that was the plan.

JMHO.

Any new pictures from the shipyard??

Thanks! :cool:

I just booked the May 30 - June 7th in H4. Price is little too high for me but hoping it might come down. I'm also hoping that at some point in future they offer 3rd & 4th free. I checked and no roll call yet.

When Encore launches, I expect the prices to go up. NCL will definitely have the 3rd and 4th person sail "free" again. I booked a few months ago and got that deal.

I just booked the May 30 - June 7th in H4. Price is little too high for me but hoping it might come down. I'm also hoping that at some point in future they offer 3rd & 4th free. I checked and no roll call yet.

Honestly, I feel like all of the pre-booking and hoping prices drop is just going to result in the prices remaining high or going higher. What incentive would they have to drop the prices if people are already pre-booking at the higher prices?

Honestly, I feel like all of the pre-booking and hoping prices drop is just going to result in the prices remaining high or going higher. What incentive would they have to drop the prices if people are already pre-booking at the higher prices?

I am on a sailing coming up shortly , now that prices are dropping below what people paid, they are moving up to cabins in a higher class, and are happy.

I am on a sailing coming up shortly , now that prices are dropping below what people paid, they are moving up to cabins in a higher class, and are happy.

So maybe I shouldn't reserve the haven to start. I've only been on 1 NCL cruise and we won an upgrade to Haven and now that's how I want to sail with NCL.

42142811_10156525848690535_7528023929726697472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=aab33a1878dbc468e2aebe9e74aff86e&oe=5C22A59D

Some bits and pieces of Encore in front of Royal Caribbean's Spectrum of the Seas (Quantum Plus class).

On the left, possibly, the deck 17 pool deck where the funnel base sits (or the opposite; the Haven part/big white box where the pool movie screen is). On the right a staircase block, you can identify the elevator shafts too. The most right block is hard to identify, seems Waterfront or lifeboat deck.

I was surprised they only have 6 H9 Spa Suites on the Encore. I wonder if the Mandarin Spa will be as nice as the Escape or Bliss. I sure hope so.

There are only 6 H9 suites on Bliss as well. Encore is essentially gong to be the same ship as Bliss with some minor changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just off Bliss 9/15 and my friend who was also on Escape said Bliss spa was smaller and not as nice as on the Escape. Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you. I was looking to book a cruise in summer of 2020 so I went for the Encore. We were on our 1st NCL cruise in Nov 2017 on Escape and won bid for Aft Haven. We had access to the SPA area. The Haven and the SPA were so nice. So we booked a 2 bedroom Haven on Encore but the prices in 2020 seem very high. So a little disappointed if the SPA area is not as nice as the escape. But 2020 is a long way off and we'll get trip reports before my final payment.

Yes, thank you. I was looking to book a cruise in summer of 2020 so I went for the Encore. We were on our 1st NCL cruise in Nov 2017 on Escape and won bid for Aft Haven. We had access to the SPA area. The Haven and the SPA were so nice. So we booked a 2 bedroom Haven on Encore but the prices in 2020 seem very high. So a little disappointed if the SPA area is not as nice as the escape. But 2020 is a long way off and we'll get trip reports before my final payment.

She said it was much smaller and not as nice as the Escape which is her favorite ship. The Encore is the sister ship of the Bliss so I doubt there will be that much of a change as we were just both on the Bliss 9/8-9/15. She only books Spa access rooms which we do not. We are on Escape this Sunday and won a bid upgrade from H5 to H4, 2 bedroom but I don’t do spas especially if booked in the Haven. Good luck with your choice. I have been booking Haven since 2014 and haven’t gone back yet[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She said it was much smaller and not as nice as the Escape which is her favorite ship. The Encore is the sister ship of the Bliss so I doubt there will be that much of a change as we were just both on the Bliss 9/8-9/15. She only books Spa access rooms which we do not. We are on Escape this Sunday and won a bid upgrade from H5 to H4, 2 bedroom but I don’t do spas especially if booked in the Haven. Good luck with your choice. I have been booking Haven since 2014 and haven’t gone back yet[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the videos and photos I have seen, the spa looks identical Bliss/Escape/Getaway. Besides being Aft, what are the differences? What is smaller?

From the videos and photos I have seen, the spa looks identical Bliss/Escape/Getaway. Besides being Aft, what are the differences? What is smaller?

There are very big differences in the spa on the Escape and the Bliss. Since you only saw photos and were not on them it would be hard for you to tell. I was just on the Bliss and I did like the spa it was smaller then the Escape. The changing rooms on the Bliss are much smaller with no access directly to the spa. You also on the Escape have an area in the changing room where you can relax on loungers. The Bliss does not have this. On the Escape there are two areas with water, tea and oranges. On the Bliss there is only 1 area so you have to walk all the way across the spa if you are sitting on the far side. The areas where the regular loungers are is a little cramped on the Bliss. There was much more room on the Escape. And the Escape has two circular loungers on either end of the regular loungers and we loved those. They did not have them on the Bliss. Did I like the spa...yes on both ships. But there is a difference. If I was going to say which one I liked best I would choose the Escape. Did I have a great time...Yep!!! I have not yet seen the Encore so not sure if it will be just like the Bliss or the Escape.

We were just off Bliss 9/15 and my friend who was also on Escape said Bliss spa was smaller and not as nice as on the Escape. Hope this helps.

Hey Babs...have a great trip this week! Wish I did not have to have back surgery and could have sailed with you! Can't wait to see the pics. I love the Canada and New England sailing! :D:*

Hey Babs...have a great trip this week! Wish I did not have to have back surgery and could have sailed with you! Can't wait to see the pics. I love the Canada and New England sailing! :D:*

Thanks Mary, and for replying about the spa. You know better than I do. This cruise will not be the same without you and Randy. Feel better.