Cheers Evaluator Spreadsheet

cruise4kicks

Well done, but one thing that seems to be missing from everyone's calculators. The amount of people in your cabin over 21. Because they all have to pay. The people most likely to be on the fence about this is the "mixed drink" couple where one drinks and knows it's worth it for him or her, but the other doesn't drink much or at all.

LATEST UPDATE (2018-07-29) ATTACHED.

THANK YOU, SKYPIGLET!!!

The Standard Bar Menu could really use some work. Anyone?

Also, it doesn't look to me like the Library Bar really has anything besides the enomatic wine dispensers. Anyone?

Anyone have an updated list of wines by the glass?

Anytime, DW and I leave on Dream this weekend, and are totally planning to make use of the steakhouse bar. We have already bought Cheers and I have been craving a good Negroni for ages! :D

As far as the enomatic wine dispensers in the Library bar are concerned, I was under the impression that those were not covered by Cheers anyway... I could be wrong and I know they are not widely used, but someone can correct me if I am wrong about that.

Also, for the record, Sake at Bonsai is NOT covered, at least it wasn't on Breeze. Though the small bottles are frequently consumed by one person, it was treated like bottles of wine. I don't think it was on your list, but it is a good FYI in case it comes up.

Thanks again for the work you put into this, it is a very useful resource!

Well done, but one thing that seems to be missing from everyone's calculators. The amount of people in your cabin over 21. Because they all have to pay. The people most likely to be on the fence about this is the "mixed drink" couple where one drinks and knows it's worth it for him or her, but the other doesn't drink much or at all.

One suggestion is that a page/tab/sheet could be added, and the Cheers price on that page could be multiplied by the number of cruisers. Then the cruisers could fill it out between them, to compare the costs that way.

One suggestion is that a page/tab/sheet could be added, and the Cheers price on that page could be multiplied by the number of cruisers. Then the cruisers could fill it out between them, to compare the costs that way.

I just made the cost cell a formula - =sum(51.95*2) [emoji4] (I think I remembered the cost per person correctly… Not looking at the sheet at this moment). Then I filled in what I thought my spouse and I would drink and for us, looks like we are better purchasing à la cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Way nerdy....coming from a nerd. :-)

Excellent job!!

The Queen Nerd thanks you! :')

I'll make the corrections crooooze noted and post an update tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback! Just what I was looking for.

Murph1977, no, the drink prices do not contain the 15% gratuity. The package price pre-loaded does, but you cam change that.

Thanks so much to everyone who put this together. Even if we don't go with the cheers package it will be nice to have an estimate as to how much I'm likely to spend on drinks

Sorry to be "that guy", but your spreadsheet is calculating the sea days and ports days backwards...

If, for example, I put in a cruise length of 4, and 1 sea day... then enter 1 for "quantity per sea day" for any drink, the price per week calculates as if there were 3 purchased in the week. Conversely, if I put in 1 for "quantity per port day", the price per week calculates as if there was just 1 purchased all week (not 3).

Otherwise- really like the sheet! Should be an easy fix, too.

Sorry to be "that guy", but your spreadsheet is calculating the sea days and ports days backwards...

Thanks for being "that guy"! Don't be sorry, just the sort of feedback I need.

**NEW** CARNIVAL CHEERS EVALUATOR SPREADSHEET ATTACHED

Latest iteration corrects error khidhala pointed out.

I've also changed the default package price back to pre-cruise, without 15% gratuity included. This is a better comparison.

Please always look for the latest version of the spreadsheet. Once we get all the kinks worked out I'll post a new thread.

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-08-02.xls

• 1 month later...

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, I don’t need a calculator to know my wife and I always benefit by purchasing the Cheers program.

The last time I tracked every drink on a cruise was a 7 day cruise on Magic. By late afternoon on day four we had already benefited by purchasing Cheers, even if we didn’t get another drink (alcohol or non-alcohol) the rest of the cruise.

This is wonderful. For those of us who are excel illiterate, it saves so much time trying to figure it out with pen and paper plus I can use it for 2 different people in the cabin to see if it's worth it for both.

Thank you so much!

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, Carol Jones said:

Thanks for the shout out. We cruise again in December. We haven’t purchased Cheers before, but I think I will look into it and see if it works for us. Thank you!

Real simple solution....2 drinks at Alchemy bar for happy Hour....shot of your choice mixed into your coffee or cappuccino with dessert....2 drinks at Alchemy Bar after dinner.  You have now broken even and all daytime drinks as well as all included non alcoholic drinks are gravy.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:40 AM, beerman2 said:

Pretty positive it works for ALL Carnival Ships, just as menu's are fleet wide so are drink menus.

The only exception would be that the Alchemy Bar is not on four ships in the fleet....Elation, Fantasy, Splendor and Triumph.