Sanctuary Layout/Orientation on Island Princess

Steelers36

Can anyone who has been on Island since make-over tell me approx number of single loungers in Sanctuary. And then how many of those are in shade? I haven't found good pictures of that deck area but it looks like shade is provided overhead by some superstructure?

Thanks and if any pictures out there, a link would be nice. Thanks.

The overhang was on the deck below and is gone. The deck has been extended to the back railing. The Coral still has a 2-deck Sanctuary with the overhang and pool.

Yeah... only three of us booked for the whole cruise. We had so much fun together. I didn't know them before but they'll be lifelong friends. Another couple was there maybe half the time.

When it rained or was chilly, we were encouraged to use the cabanas.

The overhang was on the deck below and is gone. The deck has been extended to the back railing. The Coral still has a 2-deck Sanctuary with the overhang and pool.

Yeah... only three of us booked for the whole cruise. We had so much fun together. I didn't know them before but they'll be lifelong friends. Another couple was there maybe half the time.

When it rained or was chilly, we were encouraged to use the cabanas.

Interesting. We are at least booking the big South America trip for winter 2018. I think we will actually do it. I am thinking Sanctuary for all the warm @Sea days. Once we get down really south it will be down right chilly for a good week, so probably not bother then.

So it might be a bit of a challenge to get the shade now, but I will give it my best. I doubt there will be any full cruise bookings for $1800/chair :eek: and with all the ports of call, doesn't make sense.