lunch upon debarkation

lauren0309

Where is the best place to head for complimentary lunch upon arrival besides the buffet?

I assume you mean embarkation, boarding day.

One DR open from noon to 1:30.

International Cafe

Grill with all the normal grill stuff and pizza by the slice outdoors by the Lido Pool*

Alfredo's waiter served individual pizza and other menu items**

*The Caribbean Princess has enhanced menus in these areas

**Royal class ships, plus the Grand Princess and the Sapphire Princess.

I'd recommend the dining room. Only one is open so you may have to search a little to find the one. Princess does tend to keep this a secret. When you ask some crew members they simply tell you the buffet is open.

Where is the best place to head for complimentary lunch upon arrival besides the buffet?

You don’t say what ship you will be on. As others have said the one of the Main Dinning Rooms will be opened. The staff usually says the buffet but MDR is great for a nice sitdown lunch, less crowded & relaxing.

Tom😀

Regal Princess embarkation day
The Concerto DR midship on Fiesta deck should be open for lunch from noon until 1:30 but the doors may close a bit early. That would be my first choice and where we try to eat at the start of each of our cruises. If you arrive late then I would suggest Alfredo's which is also midship on Fiesta deck. Other choices are the International Cafe midship on Plaza deck which is nice for a sandwich, salad or soup, and on Lido deck you have Prego Pizzeria for take away pizza buy the slice or Trident Grill for take away burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst and grilled chicken sandwiches served with fries. There are a lot of complementary alternatives to the buffet on embarkation day.

The buffet on the Regal is much larger than most Princess ships with a great assortment of food but we didn't eat there on embarkation day on our cruise so I don't know about crowds on embarkation day for lunch.

The only extra charge dining venue open for lunch is the Ocean Seafood Bar on the Promenade deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd recommend the dining room. Only one is open so you may have to search a little to find the one. Princess does tend to keep this a secret. When you ask some crew members they simply tell you the buffet is open.

It's always listed in the embarkation day Patter which will be in your cabin mailbox, or you can pick up an extra copy at Guest Services.

Lauren,

We love to go to Alfredo’s. The food there is sooooooo good. The Horizon Court is a madhouse stay away.

By the way there’s no charge at Alfredo’s. :)

Tony

We are on our first Princess cruise next May (the Sapphire) and I think we will head to Alfredo's upon embarkation. Just need to convince the wife (daughter will be no problem to persuade). Is it just Pizza or are there other options?

We are on our first Princess cruise next May (the Sapphire) and I think we will head to Alfredo's upon embarkation. Just need to convince the wife (daughter will be no problem to persuade). Is it just Pizza or are there other options?
The Alfredo's menu on the Sapphire and Grand is only pizzas but they may allow you to bring in food from the International Cafe across the Piazza.

Alfredo's on the Royal, Regal and Majestic have an expanded menu of Italian dishes in addition to very good pizza.

The Alfredo's menu on the Sapphire and Grand is only pizzas but they may allow you to bring in food from the International Cafe across the Piazza.

Alfredo's on the Royal, Regal and Majestic have an expanded menu of Italian dishes in addition to very good pizza.

Glad to see that Alfredo's on Royal will have expanded menu for us in December:)

Can you ask for items to be left off of the pizzas?

Yes. They have set pizzas for the sake of having a menu, but you can have any or none of the items that are offered. Plain cheese if you want it, or just "hold the" whatever.

They are almost gourmet pizzas, in my opinion, not the greasy stuff the gang gets after a softball game. They almost seem healthy.

Alfredo's is my choice on embarkation day because it's quieter than the buffet and less time-consuming than the MDR, also open later.

Jim

We didn't know row boat captains could be so sensitive ...

Jim

OK Jim you got me :) But there’s only one real Rowboat on the Charles River in Boston.

So don’t make fun of it’s Captain or you mite be walking the plank someday. :D :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

We have always boarded as early as possible (usually around 11:00ish) and head to the the main dining room that is open. It feels like we are sneaking in an extra day, the room is usually pretty empty, and it feels like our cruise officially begins when that first napkin is placed in my lap! But...shhhhhh....don’t tell anyone. Let’s just keep it our secret.

I would go to the buffet. Plenty of choices, from light lunch (Horizon Bistro) to heavy lunch (Horizon Court)

Not to hijack the the thread but: I've often wondered if there were a difference between the two? Is that true? Bistro has "lighter" food than the Court?