Complimentary canapés

twotennesseans

We give them to our cabin steward. If he doesn't want them then we offer them to our next door neighbor. If they don't want them they get trashed. Absolutley horrible stuff.

I thought we were the only ones given it away. You are correct they are horrible :(

Tony

I was wondering if the complimentary canapés that is offered to suite guests can be substituted with anything else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will be assorted cheeses and crackers in the Concierge Lounge for suite passengers.

The canapes are just plain nasty.

I agree, they are especially nasty if they have sat for an hour or two before you return to your cabin. It's another pointless "perk" offered by Princess. They should do away with it and as others have noted, bring a small cheese and cracker platter like the dessert one in the MDR. Cost less and pax would actually enjoy it.

Our TA gifted us with canapes on the second leg of our B2B last year (1st leg she gave us the Balcony Breakfast). I had to tell her we appreciated the gesture, but they were pretty meh, not really worth it! She doesn't cruise Princess often and hadn't realized the canapes had gone downhill...

I join the rest of you in giving a thumbs down to the canapes. We got the plate delivered for our first night in the suite and, after looking at them and wondering how long they had been sitting there, decided to not have any. Never ordered them again.

We did, however, use the P/E/S lounge as mentioned above to satiate our hunger when we were planning a late dinner. Another option passengers staying in a suite have is to get afternoon tea (or coffee) delivered to your stateroom. The sandwiches were okay but the scones and other pastries were very tasty.

Bob

I join the rest of you in giving a thumbs down to the canapes. We got the plate delivered for our first night in the suite and, after looking at them and wondering how long they had been sitting there, decided to not have any. Never ordered them again.

We did, however, use the P/E/S lounge as mentioned above to satiate our hunger when we were planning a late dinner. Another option passengers staying in a suite have is to get afternoon tea (or coffee) delivered to your stateroom. The sandwiches were okay but the scones and other pastries were very tasty.

Bob

So if you get the afternoon tea it comes with snacks as well?

So if you get the afternoon tea it comes with snacks as well?

Afternoon tea is what you would consider a full English tea service. You get mini-sandwiches, tea cookies, and deeeeeelicious warm scones with clotted cream and jam. I run to the tea service to get my scones - the sandwiches are just base for the scones. I am in a suite for the first time in a couple months - I've been wondering how many scones I can unreasonably request. lol. Everyone should try the tea service!

Canapés are disgusting. I thought the ones on Celebrity were bad but these are worse! Will not substitute anything. You make your selection day 1 & they deliver same ones every day. (As I recall were 3 choices but you could do 2 of each for a total of 6.) After first delivery told Steward not necessary to bring again.

With the loss first of the chocolate covered strawberries and then the profiteroles we have stopped ordering the canapés. They just aren't that good IMHO.

OH, NO.....not both. What will I have left to eat? I am hoping "write ins" will bring at least one positive result (in 10 days).

On a round trip to Hawaii once, our steward recommended that we order the strawberries going over since they were not available coming back. Go figure...also could get Hawaiian Papaya on the way over but not on the way back (picked up unripened upon reaching the islands).

Had a full suite in 2005 and last December. The canepes in 2005 were awful. Thank goodness we learned about the chocolate covered strawberries. 11 years later, we passed on the canepes. The Executive Chef for Princess should be embarrassed.

Several comments run together:

Tea Service in a suite or if you are Elite. There are more scones than you will know what to do with. I have ordered Tea for Two....and fed 5 people with left overs.

The same canapes have been around for a very long time. You would think they would provide something more appealing. Even a cheese and cracker plate would be more welcomed.

I'll drink to that. We generally have an hour in there pre 6pm 1st sitting dinner. The lounge is normally open 5pm to 7pm, is it not? :halo:

Princess maybe make the canapes inedible so as not too many order them, thus saving staff doing the 'canapé run.' Just don't get me started on Horizon Court coffee, put that together with the canapes, my rating is 3/10 for each.

Being a seasoned cruiser here, you learn quickly about what to eat and drink and what not to. I really think Princess thinks those canapes are the best little prize they have going for them. Otherwise, why waste time preparing them, waste of food, and then delivering them to a cabin that will not eat them. As for the coffee, the Folgers in a tea bag works okay for us. It does taste better than what you get in the buffet or room service. We even bring our own Cappuccino, save me from buying a coffee card and stand in line just to get a cup of.

One more thing, they stopped serving the hor'douvres at the elite/platinum captains party. Now they give you a jar of rice crackers. They can quit the canapes in the cabins and serve the hor-douvres at the Captains party,. I love those buttery mini quiches. I sent Princess an email about how they've cinched on the Captains party treats. Spend thousands of dollars cruising on Princess and all you get is a jar of crackers. /end of rant

...Even a cheese and cracker plate would be more welcomed.

Agreed, like something you might do for yourself at home. Heck I would even prefer the pre-packaged crackers / pretzel sticks and canned cheese spread we get at our local eatery.

Being a seasoned cruiser here, you learn quickly about what to eat and drink and what not to. I really think Princess thinks those canapes are the best little prize they have going for them. Otherwise, why waste time preparing them, waste of food, and then delivering them to a cabin that will not eat them. As for the coffee, the Folgers in a tea bag works okay for us. It does taste better than what you get in the buffet or room service. We even bring our own Cappuccino, save me from buying a coffee card and stand in line just to get a cup of.quote]

Is there anything you actually like on princess.

You have so many posts complaining about one thing or another.

Canapes, sausage, kids, people in the lido, etc., etc. etc.

Why do you subject yourself to it?

Being a seasoned cruiser here, you learn quickly about what to eat and drink and what not to. I really think Princess thinks those canapes are the best little prize they have going for them. Otherwise, why waste time preparing them, waste of food, and then delivering them to a cabin that will not eat them. As for the coffee, the Folgers in a tea bag works okay for us. It does taste better than what you get in the buffet or room service. We even bring our own Cappuccino, save me from buying a coffee card and stand in line just to get a cup of.

One more thing, they stopped serving the hor'douvres at the elite/platinum captains party. Now they give you a jar of rice crackers. They can quit the canapes in the cabins and serve the hor-douvres at the Captains party,. I love those buttery mini quiches. I sent Princess an email about how they've cinched on the Captains party treats. Spend thousands of dollars cruising on Princess and all you get is a jar of crackers. /end of rant

I love those rice crackers :DI'll gladly eat yours.