Excursion Booking Oddness...

CineGraphic

We currently have two cruises booked, a December 2017 8 Day Eastern Caribbean , and an April 2018 Mexican Riviera.

When I go to look at the excursions available for our December cruise, there is a note stating that excursions won't be available until 120 days before the sail date.

Yesterday, I received an email from Princess informing me that they are now taking excursion reservations for my Mexican cruise in 2018, 351 days away.

Not a major issue, just seems odd to me. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I think it is because you have to prepay now

It has nothing to do with prepayment. I could book excursions on my August British Isles cruise a year in advance, and this cruise does not require prepayment.

They post the excursions when they have agreements in place with their suppliers. Sometimes that is very early - sometimes not.

It has nothing to do with prepayment. I could book excursions on my August British Isles cruise a year in advance, and this cruise does not require prepayment.

They post the excursions when they have agreements in place with their suppliers. Sometimes that is very early - sometimes not.

Per above ....

Once the agreements are set with the local excursion providers, Princess will normally post the excursions ... often will be sooner than 120 days ... but sometimes not.

Sometimes you find that repeat cruises are there quite early as they re-sign the providers as soon as they prove reliable. When they are going to new ports or need new providers they may well be much later. There is no rhyme nor reason to the appearance of Shorex. It all depends on agreement between Princess and the providers.