***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:05 PM.
Lansing, IL
4,786 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, once again I am so very sorry about your sister. Hopefully they can keep her comfortable and that she will not suffer any more. Please know that you have my support and prayers both for you and her.

I got real mad at Bill as he went and talked to the jerk's son and brother. He did not intend for me to find out, but I did. So now the more I am thinking about this, I realize that he has my back and was just tired of hearing what the jerk is doing to me. Oh, he has left and is in FL. He was doing this to me on the phone for 50 minutes yelling at me. My cousin shays this is no different than battered wife syndrome.

Bill keeps telling me whenever he is yelling at me just hang up the phone. If he keeps calling back and continues yelling keeping hanging up the phone until he gets the message. With all of this sexual harassment that has been going on the past few months in our country. Bill told then this is the first and last time he is having this conversation. The next time the jerk acts the way he has been he will be talking to Bill through our lawyer in court. Then he continued to say, to them, guess what else. You both will be working for him as he will own the company. So we shall see.

So after the mild weather back to the cold once again. There was a lot of frozen stuff this morning.

Stay warm,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Oh my good for Bill! I don't blame him for not liking the way you are treated, and it has gone on for way too long!

i went to WW this morning and was told to gain weight, had lost another .4. Bet not many people get told that.

Came home and got a text from my nephew, my sister died this afternoon.

I have not been feeling well and decided to take my BP. It was 107/63. No wonder I am tired, draggy, cold and having some breathing problems. I made a dr appmnt for Monday, think my BP meds are too strong now at this weight.

I have had 3 people tell me they would go with me to Florida, but like I said I just don't think I can go through that again. Even though it is my sister and maybe because it is my sister can't deal with it.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
4,351 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Kathy and Sharon you know I read your post off and on.

Just wanted to say Sharon about your siser, I'm sorry. Now she's
at peace. Didn't you visit her awhile back. Remember her from then, even
thro she was sick.You saw her and talked to her. You don't have to go now.
My opinion. Take care of yourself. Yes check your meds, might be one
thing making you depressed besides other things.

Kathy your boss is a pain in you know where. Do you really have to work
for him. Are you close to retirement? To put up with him when he makes you
cry and get upset. Not right. You could sue him. Your husband was right
to go there. Does he want you to quit? You take care of yourself too.
Lansing, IL
4,786 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I am so very sorry to hear that your sister has passed. Certainly you have done the best for her, and at least you were able to spend time with her and see her 1 last time. Even though we can not understand it. She is in a better place just now. I can understand you not wanting to go back there. At least she has her family and they will be doing what needs to be done for her.

I spoke to the jerk's son and brother as well yesterday. I am not looking forward to dealing with him next week. If he starts his crap once again, I am just hanging up on him until he gets the message. The jerk's son told Bill he owns the company. Bill said that is no excuse to treat me the way he has been just because he owns the company. Bill further whet on to say, there are federal laws that protect people from this kind of abuse.

Temps in single digits today and bright sun. We only got a 1/2" last night. But it was like a blizzard with the blowing snow and the high winds. Tomorrow night into Monday we could get 3 to 4". Bill is off on Monday, a federal holiday, but not for me.

You are absolutely right about WW and them telling you that you have to gain weight. Plus low BP and it is good you are seeing a Dr on Monday. You really have to watch yourself that you do not get too run down and getting sick. Our country is in a flu epidemic just now with many very sick.

Piece and love my friend,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Lansing, IL
4,786 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Belle
Kathy and Sharon you know I read your post off and on.

Just wanted to say Sharon about your siser, I'm sorry. Now she's
at peace. Didn't you visit her awhile back. Remember her from then, even
thro she was sick.You saw her and talked to her. You don't have to go now.
My opinion. Take care of yourself. Yes check your meds, might be one
thing making you depressed besides other things.

Kathy your boss is a pain in you know where. Do you really have to work
for him. Are you close to retirement? To put up with him when he makes you
cry and get upset. Not right. You could sue him. Your husband was right
to go there. Does he want you to quit? You take care of yourself too.
Thanks for the post. I am not going to let him force me out. I may go down to 3 days a week, but he is not going to force me out and he will never treat me that way again. Bill just wants me to be happy, but he let them know if it happens again, the jerk will be talking through us through our lawyer.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Thanks Belle, yes I went and spent a week with her the beginning of December. She was in pain the last few days I was there so we pretty much just sat and talked. I just feel very much alone now.

No snow here last night, just cold. I see we are supposed to get snow on Monday so a friend has offered to take me to the dr in her truck if it gets too bad for me to drive. BP is still low, have been worried that I would make myself sick being so depressed for such a long time.Bill has called me the last few days so it has been nice to hear his voice.

The plans for my sister are getting set. They are having a small get together tomorrow, she was cremated. Then they are planning on bringing her up here to be buried with her husband. Not sure when that will take place but glad I don't have to go to Florida, just not up for it.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,786 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, so sorry about your sister once again. That is also good that her son's are taking care of everything and that they will be bringing her remains back here to be placed next to her husband. That is also good that your friend will take you to the Dr on Monday, so if the weather is bad you will not be all alone. We just have to wait and see, as I have heard from 3-4" around here on Monday. We only got 1/2" last night and most is all gone now with the bright sun today.

Just stayed inside today and Bill did the laundry and I cleaned up a bit. Getting everything back to normal with the GK's staying here while Bill was gone.

I realize that there is nothing I can say or do to help you through this difficult time. All I can say to you, that I am here if you need anything at all. Prayers are always being said for you as well.

Take care,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I cancelled my dr appmnt for today, I don't want to drive and I don't want my friend to have to drive. I changed it to Thursday. Hopefully by then it will be better weather.

Have been taking my BP and it's been pretty good the last day or so, not sure I should even go to the dr now. Don't want more meds or tests.

Its stopped snowing now, but think its supposed to start up again later.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,786 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, we got 4" and now that Bill has cleared it all away, now it is snowing once again. So we could get another 1-2" of snow from now until tomorrow. How much do you get. Good idea to cancel the appointment. Thursday will be better as it is suppose to be above freezing. Sunday close to 50. I would not cancel that 1. The med's may have to be changed. You want to make sure the med's that you are taking are the right dose.

So a few days ago I broke 1 of the 3 mirrors on the medicine cabinet. When it fell it also took a chip out of the bowl. So we went yesterday afternoon to look for new one's and it looks like this will be an expensive repair.

So Bill has a board meeting on 2/7 back in CLE. He is taking me to this one. We will leave on 2/6 and return on 2/8. They will be finalizing the plans for the convention in September.

Stay warm,

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy