[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:13 PM.
Hemet, CA
2,903 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. We got a new puppy and he is keeping us busy. He is pom/chi and is now 5 months old and 5 lbs. His name is Kahlua. Today he is at the vets getting his snip job done, so have a little time.

Future cruises for us.
April 15, 2017 TA from FLL to Germany and than 4 days in Germany with friends that live there. Regal Princess
March 07. 2019 San Antonio, Chile to Los Angeles on the Royal Princess.

Talk soon.
NW Ohio
8,438 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Good to hear from you , Lynn! How nice that you got a new puppy! And he has such a cute name.

Where in Germany will you be staying with your friends? We really enjoyed our river cruise in Germany last October.

Becki
Florida
3,534 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Good to hear from you Lynn. Having a new puppy is like having a new baby...lots of work, but they are so cute...love the name.

Beau...Rita's sounds like a nice place and of course, you have to order steak at a fish place. I order fish at our Greek place. If the food is good, everything they make should be good.
Glad you are both feeling better. Our office has been full of people with this flu/ flu like stuff. They can't reach us, so they just walk in....I really need another cruise...only 40 more days to wait..too bad it's only 4 days, but I will take it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Hemet, CA
2,903 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by rjscott
Good to hear from you , Lynn! How nice that you got a new puppy! And he has such a cute name.

Where in Germany will you be staying with your friends? We really enjoyed our river cruise in Germany last October.

Becki
Becki, our friends live in Weisendorf, we dock in Warnemurder (Rostock) which is about 6 hrs north of their home. They are about 2 hours from Frankfurt.
NW Ohio
8,438 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Lynn,

That is where we will dock in May when we are on our Baltic cruise. Some have said there are interesting things to do in the area rather than taking the trip into Berlin. I am going to look into that as we spent 4 days in Berlin last October.

Becki
Willow Glen Ca.
4,084 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
.Good Morning, Summiteers...Lynn, Great news about your new puppy..It's always good to add another addition to the family...Lynn, I think you have a typo in your future cruises...Unless, you went to Germany last year?.....Here is the website for Rita's.... http://www.ritasseasidegrille.com/breakfast/ I think I would like to try the Captain Crunch's French toast....Jill, the Flu like is kicking butt out here on the West Coast...Maybe, we are lucky we got it over....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
Hemet, CA
2,903 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by SlimBeau
.Good Morning, Summiteers...Lynn, Great news about your new puppy..It's always good to add another addition to the family...Lynn, I think you have a typo in your future cruises...Unless, you went to Germany last year?.....Here is the website for Rita's.... http://www.ritasseasidegrille.com/breakfast/ I think I would like to try the Captain Crunch's French toast....Jill, the Flu like is kicking butt out here on the West Coast...Maybe, we are lucky we got it over....
Beau,

You are so right I'm still think we are in 2017, correction April 15, 2018 TA on Regal Princess.
Hemet, CA
2,903 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by rjscott
Lynn,

That is where we will dock in May when we are on our Baltic cruise. Some have said there are interesting things to do in the area rather than taking the trip into Berlin. I am going to look into that as we spent 4 days in Berlin last October.

Becki
Becki,

Already been to Berlin, in 2014, so not going back there.
NW Ohio
8,438 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Well, I am starting to get excited for our April cruise. I just booked a 2-day tour in St Petersburg, Russia with a recommended operator for the 4 of us. I was going to join the tour another on our roll call had started, but then Janet, much to my surprise, said they would be up to going with an independent operator. So, we are doing a private tour for just the 4 of us.

Lynn, remember when we talked about the visas for Russia? Well, I was concerned about that. So, here's the scoop. You do need a visa if getting off the ship. However, if going on a tour with the ship, they will prepare your visa. If going with an independent lecensed operator, they can prepare your visas. BUT, what that means is, you cannot go wandering about off the ship once your tour is over. And, boy, if you want to get your own visa you can, so you have more freedom, but wow, is it complicated. You have to send in your passports get a letter of 'invitation', pay for that, then once you have that, send in for the visa and each of those things, of course, cost $$$.

So, Jill, that may curtail Janet's shopping in St Petersburg.

It will be quite a whirlwind 2 days, but we will see quite a lot in those 2 days. Churches, palaces and the Faberge Museum with the 'Easter eggs'. And, we will have 2 lunches in Russian restaurants. That should be interesting.

Becki
Florida
3,534 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Becki,

April will be here soon. I think the Visa's are that country's way of getting as much money out of travelers as they can. Still it should be an interesting tour with just the 4 of you.

I think Janet will still find a way to do the extreme shopping...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
NW Ohio
8,438 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Jill,

Yes, I think you are right, and she will make Neil very nervous.

Just to set up this tour, there were several emails back & forth. I tried to say things as simply as I could, but there still was some confusion as to what all we were going to see, because we were customizing our tour.

Garrett says the NSA is probably tracking me now that I am corresponding with Russia.

Becki