Lei Greeting

mtnbabee

Our cruise is a ways off, but as one ages, time seems to fly by! For anyone that has sailed to Hawaii, is there are Lei Greeting, or is that something I need to request through the cruise line, or offsite? RT Hawaii, October, 2019:cool:

Our cruise is a ways off, but as one ages, time seems to fly by! For anyone that has sailed to Hawaii, is there are Lei Greeting, or is that something I need to request through the cruise line, or offsite? RT Hawaii, October, 2019:cool:

Aloha

I have read several reviews of Hawaii and it is mentioned that in the days of the sea there are free classes to do Lei with fresh Orchids, there are also classes of Hula

Also in the Terminal for Hawaii ports there are sellers of fresh flowers where you can buy a Lei

614 Days for our Eclipse B2B to Hawaii from Vancouver

It’s not provided- you either need to arrange for one in advance or purchase one when you arrive. When you check into 5 star hotels in Hawaii one is usually provided and sometimes at a Luau but that’s basically the only instances where you wouldn’t have to arrange and pay for it in advance.

The days when everyone received a lei when stepping off a plane (or ship) are long gone - it's probably been 30 years since we've seen it happen. Every airport has multiple stands where you can easily purchase leis for a reasonable charge but I don't remember seeing any at the piers on our last trip (last September). Each port usually has a "Guest Services' greeter/booth - ask them where you could purchase leis.