Navigator 12/2/18 Cancelled- Chartered

kruzerci

Just an FYI if anybody else is booked on this sailing. And if not... the below email will give you an idea of the current going rate in terms of OBC for getting booted from a sailing.

-----------

"Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel yourNavigator of the Seas December 2, 2018 sailing, as it has been chartered. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and for the impact on your vacation.

We do have some options to make it up to you that we are hoping you will take advantage of. They are as follows:

Option 1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• You can re-book Independence of the Seas: 11/26, 12/10 orNavigator of the Seas 12/16

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items

• And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

• $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

• Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date

• And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

• $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

• Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 3: If you choose to cancel

• We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit

We will call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at. In order to give you ample time to decide on an option that best fits your needs, you will not need to provide us with your final compensation decision until March 2, 2018.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find a suitable vacation option with us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International"

$300 per person to cover international flight fee.

Our last flight from the UK was over $700 each.

What about the other $400 each we would lose?

Flying from the UK means wed have to book a hotel the night before sailing - another $100-$150 lost.

And if you choose to cancel you dont get anything?

RCI get a better deal and guests get shafted.

Well done Royal Caribbean NOT

Flying from the UK means wed have to book a hotel the night before sailing - another $100-$150 lost.

The $300 is for flight change fees, not the actual fare. And if you choose to cancel they are indeed offering a full refund.

This charter is at least the fifth year of the same weeks, Royal Caribbean were asked about this in December 2017. Everyone who has enquired has been mislead by RCI.

I am glad they have now admitted that the ship is Chartered and itinerary changed.

Cruise with Huge.

Doesn't this same dealership use the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa also? They need their own ship called Fuccillo of the Seas. Some of the sleaziest car commercials you will ever see on television or hear on the radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't this same dealership use the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa also? They need their own ship called Fuccillo of the Seas. Some of the sleaziest car commercials you will ever see on television or hear on the radio.

Hahaha they really are terrible commercials! Lol but... I still bought my recent Optima there and am booked to cruise with huge in December now... how do I pass up a cruise for only port fees and taxes? Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked in the EU - EU laws will make sure you get all your expenses and 150% of your cruise fare on top - to find a new vacation.

Not just huge, but HUGE!!!! No judgement on the buyers like you, just the dealership that has repeatedly kicked off passengers booked via RCI on a regular basis.

It's not Kia that's kicking off passengers. The fault is solely on RC.

Our January 2019 Brilliance cruise is chartered by a Gospel group. Still have not heard that from RCL yet. Saw it online

Interesting. I wonder if the lifestyle group is also chartering Brilliance in January.

If you booked in the EU - EU laws will make sure you get all your expenses and 150% of your cruise fare on top - to find a new vacation.

I live in the EU never heard this before so could you tell me where I can find this information Thanks

Could you post the link to that. I’ve searched and everything that I’ve been able to find limits this compensation to cruises departing from or arriving in a EU country.

http://www.dttas.ie/sites/default/files/upload/general/PASSENGERS_INFORMATION_NOTE.PDF

https://abta.com/holiday-help-and-complaints/cruise-and-ferry-trips

It would be nice if one of the price-protected options was for the same sail date. (I know, that's hard to do for a 5 day cruise, but sometimes vacation dates are chosen for a very specific reason.)

It would be nice if they would require charter groups to book the ship further in advance, say 18 months, to minimize the number of people booted off of a cruise.