Sunset Bar & Grill - Pool

RoyalFan2011

We have a cruise in the middle of January with a stop in St. Martin. At this point this stop hasn’t been canceled yet. Has anyone used the pool at Sunset’s? Was wondering how the view of the planes is from the pool. Also, can you reserve pool chairs ahead of time or is it first come first served? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We have a cruise in the middle of January with a stop in St. Martin. At this point this stop hasn’t been canceled yet. Has anyone used the pool at Sunset’s? Was wondering how the view of the planes is from the pool. Also, can you reserve pool chairs ahead of time or is it first come first served? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That pool seemed like a kids pool. No direct view of the planes taking off or landing from there and I do not know if it's functional at this time. If I visit the island over NY's I will check and report back for you.

• 1 month later...

What shape is Maho Beach in now? We have a cruise in less than 3 weeks with a stop at St. Maarten and were planning to go to Sunset but is the beach mostly rocky at this point? Also, I read about a week ago that no big planes are landing there right now. Did you see many planes and were any of them larger jets? Is the condition of Sunset Bar itself okay?

Maho Beach is about 2/3 sand (by Driftwood Bar and in front of the runway) and about 1/3 big rocks (next to Sunset Bar). There are still big planes landing, but not as many as there were pre-Irma. On our stop on Christmas Day, the number of big planes from the US and Europe landing and taking off was 11 prior to the hurricane, and after that number went down to 3. There were still quite a few of the smaller prop planes landing, so the experience of having them right above your head is still very much there. Sunset Bar seemed to be OK when we were there, except for the chairs and umbrellas that they put out in the past since that area is big rocks for now.

We are going there as well. One more question,how far is Driftwood bar from Sunset’s? Thank you again for all the great information!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are a couple of minute walk from each other on the beach.