No more adult only aft pools?

So on the "other" site, people are going crazy saying Carnival is making the aft pools open to children and they won't be adult only anymore, but I can't find any proof. The only thing they keep repeating is that it came from John Heald and it's on Carnival's page. I can't find it anywhere. I know they made the aft adult pool open to everyone while Glory had the Waterworks being installed, but has anyone seen any info that says this will stay permanently or that it is effective on other ships as well? I'm really hoping it's not true.

So on the "other" site, people are going crazy saying Carnival is making the aft pools open to children and they won't be adult only anymore, but I can't find any proof. The only thing they keep repeating is that it came from John Heald and it's on Carnival's page. I can't find it anywhere. I know they made the aft adult pool open to everyone while Glory had the Waterworks being installed, but has anyone seen any info that says this will stay permanently or that it is effective on other ships as well? I'm really hoping it's not true.

It was on the "other" site, but it was one of JH's posts under a question he posted asking whether people actually got into the water in one of the ship's swimming pools. Sadly, it appears that it's true that the aft pools will now be "family friendly" and no longer "adult only". Attaching a screen shot:

20170408_JHFB.jpg

It was on the "other" site, but it was one of JH's posts under a question he posted asking whether people actually got into the water in one of the ship's swimming pools. Sadly, it appears that it's true in that the aft pools will no longer be adult only. Attaching a screen shot:

20170408_JHFB.jpg

I found it. Thanks. Took me a while to dig up. Thought maybe someone would have chimed in earlier and saved me from having to scroll forever [emoji39]. I am not happy [emoji35].

8267feed3640c50b2e411f71c6499285.jpg

I just attached the same...we must have been posting at the same time. Carnival is starting to make some changes that really take away what we enjoy in a cruise. My hubby said it appears that Carnival is trying to be the more affordable "Disney".

It was on the "other" site, but it was one of JH's posts under a question he posted asking whether people actually got into the water in one of the ship's swimming pools. Sadly, it appears that it's true that the aft pools will now be "family friendly" and no longer "adult only". Attaching a screen shot:

20170408_JHFB.jpg

Well missed that, did follow the one this am. Thus will be disappointing to many.

I just attached the same...we must have been posting at the same time. Carnival is starting to make some changes that really take away what we enjoy in a cruise. My hubby said it appears that Carnival is trying to be the more affordable "Disney".

I think we were posting at the same time [emoji4]. Your hubby may be right. I might end up back on Celebrity sooner than I thought.

I think we were posting at the same time [emoji4]. Your hubby may be right. I might end up back on Celebrity sooner than I thought.

We enjoy cruising and have seen some beautiful places. We're considering doing a week long vacation in one of our favorites instead of a cruise...the hard part will be "which one". :) We're also open to trying other cruise lines as well.

same here. I was pricing cruises for next year, and Celebrity (which also prices in Canadian dollars for us), and included standard beverage package plus wifi, worked out to be just a couple of hundred dollars more than Carnival. I also am wanting to try NCL newer ships with solo cabins. I know Carnival is really trying to draw in the families and market itself as the family cruise line, but they are sure not doing much to draw me back. Sorry for the negative, but is just the way I feel about it.

Just my luck DH and I are going on our 1st cruise April 22. I work with children and was looking forward to the adult only spots on the ship. My friend is on the Valor now sailing out today she said she looked for the Adult only pool but didn't see it what deck is it on?

Just my luck DH and I are going on our 1st cruise April 22. I work with children and was looking forward to the adult only spots on the ship. My friend is on the Valor now sailing out today she said she looked for the Adult only pool but didn't see it what deck is it on?

Well it used to be deck 9 aft by the Pizza Pirate. Now the only adult area (sans pool) is up on Serenity all the way forward deck 14.

same here. I was pricing cruises for next year, and Celebrity (which also prices in Canadian dollars for us), and included standard beverage package plus wifi, worked out to be just a couple of hundred dollars more than Carnival. I also am wanting to try NCL newer ships with solo cabins. I know Carnival is really trying to draw in the families and market itself as the family cruise line, but they are sure not doing much to draw me back. Sorry for the negative, but is just the way I feel about it.

No, you're not sounding negative and I really don't think any of us are being negative, just voicing our concerns.

The former adult only pool on Valor used to be on Deck 9 at the back of the ship. Apparently Carnival recently decided to change the adult only pools to family friendly, so there is no adult only pool on Valor anymore.

I hear ya. I am normally a very easy going, positive person. Many changes over the years haven't bothered me like American Table, no tablecloths, etc. but this has gone a little too far IMHO. It's my thread and any and all bellyaching related to them doing away with the adult only pools is not only welcomed, but encouraged! This is the only way they will know our dissatisfaction.

I don't like to "rock the boat" so to speak, but come on, do they have to deny the adults a pool where we can be free of kids splashing around and jumping in? I love kids as I have my own and don't have anything against them in general. It's just that it's nice to be able to get away from them all. That's one thing I loved about the Havana area on Vista. It doesn't cost Carnival anything to leave the pool as adults only so why did they have to mess with it?

I agree totally. I also enjoy children, but since I do not have any of my own, and do not spend much time around them, I enjoy them mostly in small doses. Nothing against them either. I have not been able to get into the pool in the last few years due to back and arthritic problems, (actually getting out is the problem), but after I recover from my surgery, I was so looking forward to being able to again.

I must learn to "never say never" and after my one and only Celebrity cruise in 2002, I swore never again. That is not because there was anything wrong with the ship or the cruise, there were just other factors involved. Now, here I am seriously considering one.

So, I also accept most of Carnival's changes too, and accept that change is a part of life. But Carnival is changing too much for me, too fast, and I am changing too I guess.

WOW! I am VERY disappointed to hear this!!!

I purposely booked the Splendor for a B2B in May because I loved the Aft pool area and that it was adults only!

I have NOT complained about one single change over the years but this upsets me a great deal as I would have picked a different ship.

The Serenity Deck on the Splendor is not an alternative for me because it does not even have a hot tub. I would have booked this B2B - 14 days of cruising to celebrate my BIG Birthday - on a ship with a better Serenity Deck - which is pretty much any ship except the Splendor!

I hear ya. I am normally a very easy going, positive person. Many changes over the years haven't bothered me like American Table, no tablecloths, etc. but this has gone a little too far IMHO. It's my thread and any and all bellyaching related to them doing away with the adult only pools is not only welcomed, but encouraged! This is the only way they will know our dissatisfaction.

I don't like to "rock the boat" so to speak, but come on, do they have to deny the adults a pool where we can be free of kids splashing around and jumping in? I love kids as I have my own and don't have anything against them in general. It's just that it's nice to be able to get away from them all. That's one thing I loved about the Havana area on Vista. It doesn't cost Carnival anything to leave the pool as adults only so why did they have to mess with it?

My guess is that the reason that they're "messing with it" is adults don't swim too often. The Serenity pool as far as I've seen has always been empty or with maybe one or two people, on occasion. My concern is that if kids can access the pool then they'll be taking over the loungers as well and Serenity will be no more.

Judging by John's question, it sounds like they've been surveying the use of aft pools by adults and he was looking to add to their observations. Even though he asked if anyone gets into the water in "one of" the pools, I'm willing to bet he was more interested in the aft pool without actually saying it so no one would realize something was up. Because that's a strange question to ask just out of nowhere. After all, he did say he was checking on some swimming pool information.

If they've been keeping an eye on them and discovered that not enough adults actually use the adults-only pool, that probably had a big hand in this decision. Pretty soon their canned response will be, "We have an adults only serenity area on many of our ships and will be putting them on more as they're scheduled for maintenance. Or something like that. Formal complaints have an affect on some things, but this is probably something that won't get changed unless they see it affect their bottom line.

Judging by John's question, it sounds like they've been surveying the use of aft pools by adults and he was looking to add to their observations. Even though he asked if anyone gets into the water in "one of" the pools, I'm willing to bet he was more interested in the aft pool without actually saying it so no one would realize something was up. Because that's a strange question to ask just out of nowhere. After all, he did say he was checking on some swimming pool information.

If they've been keeping an eye on them and discovered that not enough adults actually use the adults-only pool, that probably had a big hand in this decision. Pretty soon their canned response will be, "We have an adults only serenity area on many of our ships and will be putting them on more as they're scheduled for maintenance. Or something like that. Formal complaints have an affect on some things, but this is probably something that won't get changed unless they see it affect their bottom line.

I've learned that when John asks questions, a lot of times it has to do with changes they are about to make. No doubt this decision was made way before he ever posted it.

I don't get how they can think that adults don't use the aft pools. Every time I cruise the loungers are full and there are quite a few people in the pools. While they may be adding Serenity areas, they should IMHO also have a pool either contained within it or like it was until very recently. Adults like to swim too.