Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL Pt 4

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:31 AM.
California
4,623 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by JRO43
Hi Ingrid:

I'm doing great. My son, Bryan, is home on leave from the Air Force so I am enjoying having him home. I just forgot what a slob he can be, ha ha, but that's ok. I'll keep him.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

Oh, P.S. Jeff and I have planned our next cruise for November 2013 on RC's Jewel of the Seas. First time for us doing Royal Carribean so if anyone has any comments, feel free to share or come along.
I am sure you are enjoying having your son home (i know all about the slob habits - but you gotta take the bad with the good) Glad to hear you have another trip planned, you never now who may decide to come along . Keep hanging in there GF...Sending hugs and kisses your way
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean~ Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico
lafayette, la., usa
5,440 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Hi Ingrid:

I'm doing great. My son, Bryan, is home on leave from the Air Force so I am enjoying having him home. I just forgot what a slob he can be, ha ha, but that's ok. I'll keep him.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer.

Oh, P.S. Jeff and I have planned our next cruise for November 2013 on RC's Jewel of the Seas. First time for us doing Royal Carribean so if anyone has any comments, feel free to share or come along.

Hey Lesa, we probably cant go on that cruise, but if you add the ports, I will dream about going with you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Enjoyinglife

2014 Sunshine
2014 possible Australian cruise???
</EMBED>
2012 Breeze, Inaugural cruise!!!
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration
lafayette, la., usa
5,440 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Gwyn: It all sounds good to me. We have an ice cream maker but not a gelato machine. I personally liked the gelato better, but Jeff likes ice cream better

YOu know, so far, Lesa, I think I like the gelato is better also, but sometimes, I wonder if it is the "recipe" and the amount of fat you put into it that makes the difference? Too soon to tell, but I am having fun with it - but only two days out of the week!

I can relate to the "slob, but still great" feeling. It is a much better feeling than the "wow, my house is clean but still a little empty" feeling!!!

Hope you continue to feel better!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Enjoyinglife

2014 Sunshine
</EMBED>
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration
Singapore
2,773 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by travln_isa
I agree Joe. I would probably not reply either (I can play "I'm too busy for you" too!)

Ingrid... like clockwork... she texted me again at 12.22am! Telling me she had OT till 11pm and "crazy hours". Knowing full well that if I had replied... she will have the opportunity to say she is tired and going to bed!

Pass!!

Haha... perhaps I don't understand women... why continue to text me? And this is after some 30 hours since we last corresponded (which we had to stop texting then because she decided to go for her run ). Somehow... I just get the feeling she is just trying to keep this link alive until a "better" guy comes along.

I could be wrong, of course.... but either way... I am not interested to play these games. It's just stupid and a waste of each other's time.

Yes... starting from square one is hard indeed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

MSC Cruises - May 2018 - Northern Europe
Carnival Vista - September 2016 - Mediterranean
Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2015 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska
Singapore
2,773 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by enjoyinglife
Tricee, how long have you been married now? I just realized last week that the day we will get on the Sunshine, will be Harry and my 23rd anniversary!

Wow... 23 years... I envy you, Gwyn!

Btw... I just realise you are born on Valentine's Day. How convenient for Harry!! Haha...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Hagerstown, Md
2,155 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Hi Gang
It's been a while since I have written (bet you all thought I forgot about you) but, I have been reading what has been going on.

Joe, as I found out from the internet dating game, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to finally find a princess. Just keep plugging away.

Lesa, glad things are going well it is really good to hear.

Okay, we are not totally ruling the Sunshine out, just dont know how I can swing it right now. Hopefully this new business venture will turn into something really big and finances won't be an issue.

Been busy planning for our cruise in Dec on the Breeze. The way time is rolling along it will be here before you know it.

Every one stay safe and hope to get on here more often

Tom
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tom & Karen

California
4,623 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by MaximusCruiser
Ingrid... like clockwork... she texted me again at 12.22am! Telling me she had OT till 11pm and "crazy hours". Knowing full well that if I had replied... she will have the opportunity to say she is tired and going to bed!

Pass!!

Haha... perhaps I don't understand women... why continue to text me? And this is after some 30 hours since we last corresponded (which we had to stop texting then because she decided to go for her run ). Somehow... I just get the feeling she is just trying to keep this link alive until a "better" guy comes along.

I could be wrong, of course.... but either way... I am not interested to play these games. It's just stupid and a waste of each other's time.

not nice
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean~ Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico
California
4,623 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Cruisertommyboy
Hi Gang
It's been a while since I have written (bet you all thought I forgot about you) but, I have been reading what has been going on.

Joe, as I found out from the internet dating game, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to finally find a princess. Just keep plugging away.

Okay, we are not totally ruling the Sunshine out, just dont know how I can swing it right now. Hopefully this new business venture will turn into something really big and finances won't be an issue.

Been busy planning for our cruise in Dec on the Breeze. The way time is rolling along it will be here before you know it.

Tom
Nice to see you Tommy. take care and hope to see you on the Sunshine
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Travln_isa
UPCOMING

SAILED
Singapore
2,773 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

Tom

Hey Tom, long time!!

Wise words indeed. Just hope the frogs are not poisonous!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Singapore
2,773 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Originally posted by travln_isa
not nice

Naah... it's ok. Just thought I update you.

Especially since I can't be talking about cruises any time soon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe

Fairfax, VA
1,337 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Lesa, so glad to hear the chemo is going well Praying you can be done with all that business FOREVER!

We've been on RC once. The cabins were beautiful. It was a long time ago, I can't remember much else. But it's a cruise, and that's always a great time!!!

Kids!!! Yep, we love 'em even if they are slobs

Ingrid, have a great time in LA~~you have family there right?

Joe, good grief, sounds to me like she is indeed stringing you along. These "dating games" drive me nuts! Life is just too short. Tom's probably right about kissing a lot of frogs. So keep at it, the right girl is for you is out there waiting for you.

Tricee~~how are the scuba classes going?

So true Lesa~~I would love to redo and pause our time on the Breeze
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
nance

2016 CCL Glory 2016 HAL Westerdam 2015 RCCL Allure 2015 CCL Carnival Breeze 2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

lafayette, la., usa
5,440 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Wow... 23 years... I envy you, Gwyn!

Btw... I just realise you are born on Valentine's Day. How convenient for Harry!! Haha...
He's never missed one so far!!!.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Enjoyinglife

2014 Sunshine
</EMBED>
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration
Oklahoma
474 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Just found you all again! Darn...... it's hard to find this thread. I am wishing at the moment I was back on the vacation! Gosh, while we were on the vacation, it went by so quickly and I was SO exhausted from running constantly!

How is everyone?

Hubby and I are traveling to San Francisco, Ca in about a week- were taking our 18 year daughter ( wish me luck ). Anyone live near and can suggest any good tours? Barry will be in conference all day - so I plan on doing some day touring. We've been so busy since we got back home, but hopefully it will slow down. I am ready for another vacation- I think a vacation with no tours and just relax on the beach......that's what I need.....badly!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation December 2005 ~U22 Outside/6C~ (Galveston) Cozumel, Progresso
Carnival Conquest November 2007 ~1385 Outside/6B~ (Galveston) Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Miracle June 2008 ~7317 Balcony/8D~ (NY) San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola
Carnival Valor April 2009 ~1046 Balcony/8E~ (Florida) Grand Cayman, Isle Roatan, Belize
Carnival Miracle December 2010 ~7146 Balcony/8D~ (Florida) St. Marteen, St. Lucia, St. Kitts
Oasis of the Seas July 2011 ~9th floor~ (??) Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Breeze June 3 2012 (INAUGURAL CRUISE) ~7270 Suite/OS~ (Venice)Venice, Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Sicily, Sardinia, Rome, Livorno, Monaco, France, Barcelona
Carnival Triumph December 13 -17, 2012 ~ 6266 Balcony/8A~ (Galveston) Cozumel, Progresso 2 day at sea
Carnival Legend July 15-27, 2013 ~8192 Balcony/8F~ (Dover, England) Denmark, Germany, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Netherlands, England, Sweden
Carnival Triumph November 14-18 2013 ~6266 Balcony/8A~ (Galveston) ~ Cozumel
Carnival Triumph December 12-16 2013 (Galveston) ~ Cozumel
Carnival Miracle September 18-October 4, 2014 (Vancouver, BC, Canada) ~ Hawaiian Islands
Carnival Freedom February 2-14, 2015 (Ft. Lauderdale) ~ St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, Galveston
Carnival Glory October 31-Nov. 14, 2015 (Miami)~Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
Carnival Liberty June 23-27, 2016 (Galveston)~1043~Cozumel
Carnival Vista September 13-23, 2016 ~8256~(Athens)~Athens, Rhodes, Valleta, Messina, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Marseilles, Barcelona
Carnival Valor January 2-5, 2017 (Galveston)~2445~Cozumel
Carnival Sunshine May 5-15, 2017 (Charleston, SC)~Charleston, St. Thomas, Antigua, Martinique, St. Kitts, San Juan
*Future Horizon May 9-24, 2018(Barcelona-New York)

Kentucky
1,960 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Tricee, how long have you been married now? I just realized last week that the day we will get on the Sunshine, will be Harry and my 23rd anniversary!
In October, Mikey and I will have been married for 8 years. We have been together 10 years total.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tricee (say the word tree then just add a "c" to the end)
[email protected]

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Sensation/Bahamas/December 2007, M/S Holiday/Cozumel/November 2008, Carnival Dream/Western Mediterranean/October 2009, Carnival Legend/Western Caribbean/December 2010, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/October 2011, Carnival Breeze/Inaugural Mediterranean/June 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 1st B2B/December 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 2nd B2B/December 2012, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/April 2013, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/August 2013, Carnival Elation/Mexico/November 2013, Carnival Sunshine/Eastern Caribbean/January 2014, Ruby Princess/British Isles/August 2014, Carnival Sunshine/Southern Caribbean/December 2014, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/April 2015, Carnival Liberty/Southern Caribbean/August 2015, Carnival Dream/Western Caribbean/November 2015, Carnival Splendor/Eastern Caribbean/February 2016

Future Cruises:
Carnival Miracle/Hawaii/October 2016
Kentucky
1,960 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by njsbrown
Lesa, so glad to hear the chemo is going well Praying you can be done with all that business FOREVER!

We've been on RC once. The cabins were beautiful. It was a long time ago, I can't remember much else. But it's a cruise, and that's always a great time!!!

Kids!!! Yep, we love 'em even if they are slobs

Ingrid, have a great time in LA~~you have family there right?

Joe, good grief, sounds to me like she is indeed stringing you along. These "dating games" drive me nuts! Life is just too short. Tom's probably right about kissing a lot of frogs. So keep at it, the right girl is for you is out there waiting for you.

Tricee~~how are the scuba classes going?

So true Lesa~~I would love to redo and pause our time on the Breeze
I don't start the official classes until next Friday. I am doing the online tutorials and testing right ahead of time. We bought our snorkeling equipment so I have been practicing with it in our gym's pool.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tricee (say the word tree then just add a "c" to the end)
[email protected]

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Sensation/Bahamas/December 2007, M/S Holiday/Cozumel/November 2008, Carnival Dream/Western Mediterranean/October 2009, Carnival Legend/Western Caribbean/December 2010, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/October 2011, Carnival Breeze/Inaugural Mediterranean/June 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 1st B2B/December 2012, Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean 2nd B2B/December 2012, Carnival Fascination/Bahamas/April 2013, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/August 2013, Carnival Elation/Mexico/November 2013, Carnival Sunshine/Eastern Caribbean/January 2014, Ruby Princess/British Isles/August 2014, Carnival Sunshine/Southern Caribbean/December 2014, Carnival Dream/Eastern Caribbean/April 2015, Carnival Liberty/Southern Caribbean/August 2015, Carnival Dream/Western Caribbean/November 2015, Carnival Splendor/Eastern Caribbean/February 2016

Future Cruises:
Carnival Miracle/Hawaii/October 2016
NEW JERSEY
5,973 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by starr_sun
The best way to deal with this type of situation (IMHO) is to be direct. Ask her are you interested in dating me or not? This way you will know and you are not left wondering....
Makes perfect sense to me....in the past if I didn't give alot of effort with a guy that I dated then I wasn't really digging him anyways.
We are glad cause then you found Mikey!!

More celebrations on the ship!! Whew 23 years ..congrats!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Oasis of Seas April 2016
NCL Sun Jul 2015 Alaska
RCCL Jewel of Seas Feb 2015
Carnival Breeze Nov 2014
NCL Sky Oct 2014
NCL Breakaway May 2014
Disney Dream Jan/Feb 2014 B2B
Carnival Sunshine Jan 2014
Carnival Conquest Nov 2013
Norwegian Pearl Aug 2013 Alaska
Carnival Legend Jul 2013 12 nt Baltics
Carnival Breeze Jun 2012 12 nt Med
Carnival Inspiration Dec 2011 14 nt Panama
Carnival Fascination Oct 2011
Carnival Fascination Jan 2011
Carnival Freedom Oct 2010
Carnival Miracle May 2010
Carnival Dream Oct 3 2009 12 nt Med cruise
ISLAND Princess Jun 30 2008
Carnival Glory March 8 2008
Carnival Miracle Jun 2007
Carnival Conquest April 2007
Carnival Valor Jan 2007
Carnival Ecstasy 1996
Carnival Holiday 1995

..I have decided to work to pay the mortgage and vacation.. ...

http://youtu.be/-1rbdkHNWLM

Barcelona Magic Fountain show!!

NEW JERSEY
5,973 Posts
Joined Sep 2006

Pass!!

better to figure all this now rather than being completely invested in the relationship!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Sun Jul 2015 Alaska
Carnival Breeze Nov 2014
NCL Sky Oct 2014
NCL Breakaway May 2014
Carnival Valor Jan 2007
Carnival Ecstasy 1996
Carnival Holiday 1995

NEW JERSEY
5,973 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Hi Gang

Tom

Good luck with the business Tom cause we are all doing the Tom n Karen meet us on the Sunshine dance!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Sun Jul 2015 Alaska
Carnival Breeze Nov 2014
NCL Sky Oct 2014
NCL Breakaway May 2014
Carnival Valor Jan 2007
Carnival Ecstasy 1996
Carnival Holiday 1995

lafayette, la., usa
5,440 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
I don't start the official classes until next Friday. I am doing the online tutorials and testing right ahead of time. We bought our snorkeling equipment so I have been practicing with it in our gym's pool.
I keep telling Myles if he were smart, he would sign up for the scuba class while at UL as an extra class, then just have to get certified after. One of his best friends and our cruising buddies, are related to a guy who owns a diving shop in Lafayette. They sometimes go to Roatan with them to go scuba diving. Its very pretty there!

Originally posted by themnms
We are glad cause then you found Mikey!!

More celebrations on the ship!! Whew 23 years ..congrats!!
thanks! It been great to be married to him!

Originally posted by themnms
Good luck with the business Tom cause we are all doing the Tom n Karen meet us on the Sunshine dance!!
Yes we are hoping they come. As it gets closer, we can up the pressure!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Enjoyinglife

2014 Sunshine
</EMBED>
2011 July Triumph
2010 Splendor
2009 Miracle
2008 Triumph
2007 Victory
2005 Conquest
2004 Celebration
2003 Holiday
2002 Inspiration
2001 Celebration
Singapore
2,773 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Hmm... I have been looking at cruises to South America. Apparently...we can take Carnival Splendor from Long Beach down south and then loop up all the way to New York for a grand total of 48 days!! That will be a fantastic vacation!!

One can dream!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joe