Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Roz, I realize that nothing we can say will. take away the pain that you are feeling . Please take as much time as you can to care for yourself your children and the fur babies.Hold onto each other a know when you are ready to talk we will be here. I know we have never met but somehow have become friends and i am feeling. your pain.

Much love dear lady.

Hugs and kisses,

Barbara and Bella

Thank you for all your great experience/information. I have been on a cruise when I had vision in 2006. I am legally blind now, enough lost vision that I had to use a cane and just returned home from guide dog school in NY. We are a new team graduating in January. I am going on a disney cruise with my husband and 11 yo son, and my daughter and her new family (two year old twins and newlywed husband). This is technically a honeymoon with one set of parents. I am excited but nervous. I am weighing the pros and cons of taking my GD. I will be with my family the whole time so figured i could use them as sighted guide -I was looking forward to having my dog bond with me more and having the fun experience of cruising. But, there are so many circumstances that I think he would be crated like on excursions and Bahama Islands as their laws are significantly different than US-. I guess I am trying to figure out if the work or benefit to him/me is enough for the work. Can you help with the pro and con list? Thank you ~

Jen, Congrats on your new Guide dog. As you can read, we have lost someone very dear to us, and are having really hard time right now. I don't want to think we are ignoring you and will get back to you to answer all your questions soon.

Cindy

Roz, Please accept my sincere condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, including your wonderful dogs. Your posts have been not only enjoyable, but educational. May you have peace and strength in this new life journey.

Betsy from Northern California

To all my dear Cruise Critic friends, it is with enormous saddness that I tell you that my best friend, dear and loving husband lost his battle with his illness.

Morey passed away very quietly, in his sleep at 6:05 am, today, Thursday, April 11th.

Even though I have been a lurker on this site. I am sorry for the loss of your Husband. Susan

Dear Friends,

It's early in the morning and I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you. First THANK YOU to all of you who wrote your kind and loving words. It has meant the world to me and has been very comforting. My children and I read your words and feel blanketed in their warmth.

On Sunday we will have a memorial service for my Morey. I know it will be a very difficult day but to honor this amazing man with friends and family surrounding each other is exactly what he deserved. He was truly one of those souls that you meet in life and you could say "he was a good man!"

Again, thank you for your kindness.

Love,

Roz

Dear Friends,

It's early in the morning and I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you. First THANK YOU to all of you who wrote your kind and loving words. It has meant the world to me and has been very comforting. My children and I read your words and feel blanketed in their warmth.

On Sunday we will have a memorial service for my Morey. I know it will be a very difficult day but to honor this amazing man with friends and family surrounding each other is exactly what he deserved. He was truly one of those souls that you meet in life and you could say "he was a good man!"

Again, thank you for your kindness.

Love,

Roz

Hello Roz

If its not too much of an intrusion what time is Morey's memorial service? I would like to "join" you in lighting a candle if I may?

Take care of yourself and big hugs.

Roz: Still no words, still tears. I love you and am so sorry we cannot be with you. Embrace your dear family and friends and know that you have a bundle of "cyber" friends in your court.

n m m (those 3 letters were from Leann Emily sitting on the key board) She and Jezzy Lou send their love too!

Meet a wonderful disabled vet (woman) on our crusie last year. Carnival Magic. She had the cutest, little chiuhuahua (Ms. Angel). Carnival so catered to her. It was awesome!!! Ms. Angel has sailed many, many times. I was impressed, that Carnival too care of service dogs and Vets!!! Kudos!!

We have taken two Disney cruises with my husband's Seeing Eye dog. The first one was to the Bahamas. For that cruise, we were given a handicapped room at the back of the ship that had a huge balcony. A kiddie swimming pool with sod was put there. We had no trouble with access in the Bahamas. Someone from the ship called to make sure it would be OK for us to bring the dog on the glass bottom boat tour. It was not a problem. We were also warned that some shops might not allow us into the store but we did not have any problems.

Our second Disney cruise went to Alaska. We had a little organizational problems when we got on board because the box was not set up yet. They ended up putting the box in an area that was locked for part of the day. They gave us a key so we would have access all the time. Once the box was set up we did not have any other issues. This time the potty set up was a large rectangle box with wood chips.

We are going on another Bahamas cruise this summer but this time on Carnival.

Hope this info helps!

I am happy to read that Carnival was helpful. I have been less than impressed with their help department. I knew more from past experiences and from the helpful friends here than I learned from them. We sail on the Conquest this summer.

What did they use to fill the potty box and where was it located?

I am happy to read that Carnival was helpful. I have been less than impressed with their help department. I knew more from past experiences and from the helpful friends here than I learned from them. We sail on the Conquest this summer.

What did they use to fill the potty box and where was it located?

Carnival uses first step dog litter. It resembles tightly compreesed paper about pencil sized. Some dogs have. problems with it like Roz's Miss Brenda but my small dog uses it without problems.

Roz---so sorry to hear of your loss----the tears are running and I know just how you feel, lots of hugs going your way and Know Morey is not suffering any longer-----my friend passed away on April 12 at 3:24am.

Prayers and hugs coming your way and I will thinking of you on Sunday when you have your service. Mae isn't having any. Her ashes will be going to where her mom and dad are. she has no family, so I am so glad that I could be with her till the end. Stay strong Roz and take care of yourself too. Hugs to your family too.

Barbara---Bella looks like she will keep you busy.

Cindy----hugs to you and John, that his recovery from his surgery is speedy. Hopefully he will be up and about within a day or two. Hugs to Wex.

Thanks everyone for you wishes.

Roz---so sorry to hear of your loss----the tears are running and I know just how you feel, lots of hugs going your way and Know Morey is not suffering any longer-----my friend passed away on April 12 at 3:24am.

Prayers and hugs coming your way and I will thinking of you on Sunday when you have your service. Mae isn't having any. Her ashes will be going to where her mom and dad are. she has no family, so I am so glad that I could be with her till the end. Stay strong Roz and take care of yourself too. Hugs to your family too.

Cindy----hugs to you and John, that his recovery from his surgery is speedy. Hopefully he will be up and about within a day or two. Hugs to Wex.

Awwww I'm so sorry Trudy. She was very lucky to have you as her friend. Your reward is in heaven. Hugs to you.

Edited by rangeley

I'm so sorry Trudy. I'm glad that she had you in her life. I'm grateful for your prayers.

Roz: Still no words, still tears. I love you and am so sorry we cannot be with you. Embrace your dear family and friends and know that you have a bundle of "cyber" friends in your court.

n m m (those 3 letters were from Leann Emily sitting on the key board) She and Jezzy Lou send their love too!

Love you. How cute is Leann Emily.

Hello Roz

If its not too much of an intrusion what time is Morey's memorial service? I would like to "join" you in lighting a candle if I may?

Take care of yourself and big hugs.

What a lovely thought, thank you so much. The services will begin at 1:00pm. Lighting a candle for my Morey would be wonderful. Thank You.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Your friend Mae will have taken great comfort that you were there holding her hand at the end and she will now be safe and at peace in the arms of the Angels.

Roz,

I remember you and Brenda from our 2011 Coastal on the Sapphire. I have been reading here as my husband uses a scooter on our cruises. Have been following along about your dear husband. I just want to say how sorry I was to read of his passing. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hoping to see you and Horton in September on the Star.....

Cheryl