Uniworld cancels gentle walker program without notice or notification

commonloon

Interesting...thanks for posting, Chris. I'll be monitoring this situation, since I'm getting older instead of younger. ;) Even as someone who's currently able bodied, there may be situations where I would prefer an easier option and if Uniworld decides to drop the Gentle Walkers program altogether, I may move on to another line that offers something similar to Gentle Walkers.

Roz

We're on Uniworld Ss Catherine now. At the initial introduction session last evening we were told there usually would be 5 General tour groups with 1-4 being the standard speed groups, group 5 would be a slow/easier terrain group-- not covering the steeper streets and limited stairs. And that was the way the tour group tickets we're noted on their trays for pickup at the reception desk this morning.

Thanks for posting, Arima. Looks like we're getting conflicting information. Maybe Uniworld is just dropping the Gentle Walkers moniker and referring to it as something else.

Roz

Today in Viviers they not only had a gentle walkers group, but for those that could not walk up the hill to the cathedral they offered a 9 seat taxi as transport to the top of the hill.

Today in Viviers they not only had a gentle walkers group, but for those that could not walk up the hill to the cathedral they offered a 9 seat taxi as transport to the top of the hill.

Very considerate and accommodating.

Roz

Kudos to Uniworld. It appears that they are following through on their commitment to provide gentle walker groups for 2018 as per the May 14th statement of Cruise Critic Chris above. Let's hope they continue for 2019 and beyond.