Last black tie event?

FraserK

As some of you already know this is my first cruise coming up in August (J811) . As it is a 14 night cruise I understand that there will be 4 black tie evenings and I think I read somewhere that the last is not normally on the last evening? Am I right or am I just making this up?

Thanks

Kat

I think there would be a lot of unhappy people if it was the last night, as (unless your are disemebarking yourselves) as you need to get your suitcases ready by midnight to be collected by the crew. If someone hasn't already mentioned it take a small case with you to put your last bits and pieces in.

Cathy

I'm on a two night cruise this weekend that has a black tie night. Logically this must be either the first or last night; my money is on the last night. I doubt packing will be an issue on a two-nighter but I'm surprised there's a formal night at all.

I'm on a two night cruise this weekend that has a black tie night. Logically this must be either the first or last night; my money is on the last night. I doubt packing will be an issue on a two-nighter but I'm surprised there's a formal night at all.

I have been on a number of two night cruises with P&O. The formal night is sometimes the first and sometimes the last. The disadvantage of a last night formal is that people have already packed and sent their luggage off late evening. However on a two nighter many people self disembark carrying all their luggage as this is not a lot in comparison to longer cruises. In the same way staff are moving fewer cases overnight and putting your case out later than the official deadline does not seem to present too much of a problem.

A formal night will usually have an associated elevated menu so it is worthwhile having the event.

CPS do a self-park system for their customers on two nighters by the way.

Regards John