Azamara Journey Cabins

sailco

We'd like to book a Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom but are concerned about noise from the pool deck above. Would appreciate advice from anyone who has sailed in one of these cabins.

That’s only an issue on Deck 8, we’ve always had Verandahs on Deck 7, they are very quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the quick reply. We've always chosen our stateroom on decks with cabins above and below but the cruise I'm looking at has good offers for deluxe balconies on deck 8. We were a bit worried about the pool above, but I just found some info that says the pool machinery is between the deluxe staterooms on deck 8! I might have my answer :(

If you look at the Cabin spreadsheet you will see a lot of comments about noise in these ones. It depends on your level of sensitivity, but I’d always book Decks 6 or 7 if I’m in a verandah. Many guests are now avoiding the Deck 8 rooms.

I’ve been in 8035 on the other side and although I heard some noise from above it wasn’t too bad. If you are going for deck 8 then nearer to 8034 so more midship. Personally I prefer decks 7 and 6 as there are no public decks above. Deck 6 not too far forward because the show lounge is underneath them as you’ll get some noise you can hear there from time to time.

Phil

If you look at the Cabin spreadsheet you will see a lot of comments about noise in these ones. It depends on your level of sensitivity, but I’d always book Decks 6 or 7 if I’m in a verandah. Many guests are now avoiding the Deck 8 rooms.

Where can I find the cabin spreadsheet?

Thanks for all the directions. I found that thread before I posted but got really bogged down searching for individual cabins. Has some very clever and kind person created a proper spreadsheet? I'll go and look again:)

We'd like to book a Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom but are concerned about noise from the pool deck above. Would appreciate advice from anyone who has sailed in one of these cabins.

With the exception of a sea day, if you eat breakfast early in preparation to go on a land tour you likely won't hear much more than yourself. Yes, there is the possibility of you maybe hearing lounge chairs on deck 9 being moved around as the staff sets up the pool area for the day but if you're already up and getting ready to start your busy day and Azamara has offered a deal ($) for a midships veranda on deck 8 - take the deal.

On the other hand, if you go to bed before the sun sets or before 'White Night' starts on deck 9 save a bit of money and book an inside cabin on deck 4 - you won't hear a thing from deck 9 :D.

Stepping aside from cynicism the claims of deck 9 noise messing up life for guests on deck 8 are usually exaggerated and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm booked in late September on Journey in cabin 8026 and have no worries that I'll have anything other than a pleasant and quiet cruise.

If I may advise, take the deck 8 option and don't dwell on all the noise someone thinks you'll hear :).

We have had more than 12 cruises on deck 8 and the omlnly noise is settung up.breakfast but at a reasonable hour. Quiet in the late evening. No problens in odd or even numbers ever and my hearing is acute!