Tauck -Seine plus Versailles, Paris, London 5/19/18-6/01/18 LIVE

HBCcruiser

We went Through an old lock. It was tight and according to the captain crooked. We hit the sides a few times. I registered one bump as a 5.0 on the Richter scale. I guess these boats are built to handle bumps like that!5e03e736e10679a65772b84ff5d0f91d.jpg2f0a956624c0c2659e2866604c3c7303.jpg515a1dff578f7e31355120468e1e90e2.jpg

A Viking ship next to us.

cc27f302911d7fc944cb35370abe35e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this wonderful thread. I am particularly enjoying your pictures. What kind of camera are you using?

iPhone X. I am using my GoPro for videos but can’t post them here. I’ll create a video review once I’m home and post on YouTube then post the link here. Glad you are enjoying it!

I just want to say that Tauck does things first class. The food has been top notch, wine and drinks top of the line, the staff are fantastic, excursions above and beyond expectations and it has been 100% FULLY inclusive. They even give us cash (euros) for lunch if we go out in the town. IMHO this is the only way to travel!! Great people on board too!

Dinner last night was superb! We also celebrated National Wine Day! Yum! They served some amazing wines. For dinner I had the veal, red wine, and a Caesar salad. Skipped dessert- too full!! All 10 out of 10 forks. The chef stopped by our table and we all told him how great the food has been on board. We also let him know that the food at the Château was not so good. He appreciated the info. 6e6c7dd8b2113ba9890be3730376b778.jpg6201c1abaa62804f507fe9456e6399fa.jpg6cdeb67d6ca1dc3aef2c6001958189d2.jpg

Thank you for all your reports. It is great to follow along and read how much you are enjoying the cruise. I noticed in the daily programme sheet it says "M.S. Sapphire arrives Le Havre". That is very interesting. So you are almost out at sea. Are you able to give a precise location as to where your dock is in Le Havre? I really like the fact that you can go so far out, most ships are not allowed. The MS Sapphire is only 110m long making here ideal (and able to) for both docking in Paris and Honfleur/Le Havre.

And the food sounds and looks very appetizing. :)

notamermaid

Thank you for all your reports. It is great to follow along and read how much you are enjoying the cruise. I noticed in the daily programme sheet it says "M.S. Sapphire arrives Le Havre". That is very interesting. So you are almost out at sea. Are you able to give a precise location as to where your dock is in Le Havre? I really like the fact that you can go so far out, most ships are not allowed. The MS Sapphire is only 110m long making here ideal (and able to) for both docking in Paris and Honfleur/Le Havre.

And the food sounds and looks very appetizing. :)

notamermaid

The blue dot is the ship. Hope that helps you see where we are. 5a72ca4a0429824f877c7d57e433151f.jpg

I am enjoying this as well! We just got off the Berlin to Krakow Tauck Tour last week where we did the one week Danube cruise in it. Had such a good time! So, I'm kind of reliving our trip through yours.

Enjoy!

I am enjoying this as well! We just got off the Berlin to Krakow Tauck Tour last week where we did the one week Danube cruise in it. Had such a good time! So, I'm kind of reliving our trip through yours.

Enjoy!

Awesome!! Time to plan your next one![emoji1]

Thanks for the wonderful review. We leave for our first river cruise in a few weeks. Amsterdam to Budapest with Tauck. We know that everything will be first class. Just found out that my wife is allergic to all seafood, called Tauck and they will look after everything and keep the information on file for future travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the wonderful review. We leave for our first river cruise in a few weeks. Amsterdam to Budapest with Tauck. We know that everything will be first class. Just found out that my wife is allergic to all seafood, called Tauck and they will look after everything and keep the information on file for future travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are people on our cruise who have done that trip and say it is great! Are you adding any extra days before or after? I hope you have a great cruise!

Dinner last night another 10 out of 10 forks. I had the Caesar again and the filet mignon. No dessert too full! Earlier, we had a great lecture on WWII in prep for our trip tomorrow. Went to sleep early due to the long Day tomorrow. Memorial Day will be spent visiting the Normandy Beaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums4f94c859a21df152aa26353b6e63536e.jpg2abf29b424b6d3094594719c2c57c75d.jpg9ce246799cd85f7cdc3302829d368214.jpg