Cruise Insurance plans

brandonjordan

I am searching for a trip insurance policy that will protect us on our upcoming trip to Cuba. I found a policy I like from IMG iTravelInsured SE and the price was a good one but I have read about some issues with their customer service. Has anyone out there used them. I have told myself that people with bad experiences are more likely to write reviews. Is there any one out there who had good experiences with them. Can you please answer me on my e-mail because I will never be able to navigate outside of my roll call. adele@sircoconsultants.com

Thank you.

We've used Travel Insured for quite some time, and it has recently come to my attention that there is another company - apparently a *different* company - called "IMG iTravel Insured".

On the CC Travel Insurance subforum, there were some complaints about this "IMG"- related company.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

We've had several claims with Travel Insured (NOT "iTravel..."), including some large claims. They paid promptly and with no nonsense.

(We've had no experience with the "IMG iTravel" company., obviously, as we just realized they existed...)

I think there is a lot of confusion, and I hadn't even realized (for 4 years now) that there are two such similarly sounding companies.

We also get our policies from a broker:

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

We learned about them here on Cruise Critic.

They were terrific in helping us figure out which policy fit our needs (including concerns about MIL who is approaching 100, and, well... we are just concerned, etc...).

We kept asking, "What if... what if..." and they asked more questions and we ended up with policies that were just right for our needs each trip.

BTW, we are considering reserving on our first Azamara cruise, to Antarctica.

We loved Oceania, but haven't been on the smaller ships, which are very similar to the Azamara ships.

(I'll post elsewhere on the Azamara sub-forum asking for info from those who have taken that or a similar cruise. We've been eager to give Azamara a try :))

GC

We use thetripinsurancestore.com as well. Steve and his staff are very knowledgeable and they ask a lot of questions to make sure they understand your needs before they suggest a policy or policies. Before I started using Steve I just shopped on my own and went for what looked like the best price and got bit by a policy from Squaremouth.com. The one time I needed to file a claim and they were a real pain including "losing" my paper work for 4 weeks. It was not fun at all and the claim was clear cut and fully documented and it still took the better part of three months to get paid.

You may have some specific insurance issues since you are going to Cuba. When you are considering policies, make sure that you tell the companies that you will be in Cuba.

We did a land trip to Cuba. Even though we have an annual travel policy that covers all of outr travel for a year, we were told by the company that put the tour together that we had to have a special policy for Cuba.

DON