Wnting to see the Waterfalls

I am booked on the Radiance of the seas 10 night cruise from Sydney to Auckland. I have a balcony cabin and I hope to spend some time on it while sailing through Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound & Dusky Sound. Is there a better side of the ship to be on to see the waterfalls from my balcony? I know I will be out on deck as well, but just like Alaska, sometimes it's nice to be able to spend time on your own balcony and enjoy the scenery.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

I am booked on the Radiance of the seas 10 night cruise from Sydney to Auckland. I have a balcony cabin and I hope to spend some time on it while sailing through Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound & Dusky Sound. Is there a better side of the ship to be on to see the waterfalls from my balcony? I know I will be out on deck as well, but just like Alaska, sometimes it's nice to be able to spend time on your own balcony and enjoy the scenery.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

The ships goes in one way and turns around to come out. What you miss from your balcony going in you will see from your balcony coming out. Sometimes the deck can be a better alternative to take in a wider panorama.

We went to a forward outside deck overlooking the Heli pad on the sail in, truly spectacular. When we got to the furthest point we decided to relax on our balcony with some wine for the return trip, Captain did some 360 spins so every could see the spectacular scenery, (this was Milford Sound, which is the most spectacular of three that the ships visit) Enjoy! hopefully you will get a clear day.:)

enhance

enhance

The ship is only in each sound for an hour or so, with transit time in between.

Milford Sound, where most of the waterfalls are, is best viewed from up on deck. Personally I recommend being on the port side when entering this sound and be up there before the ship enters the sound - you'll see why when you get there. The ship will spend some time at the inland end of the sound before returning out to sea.

The other two sounds are transits - you go in one way and come out another. Again best viewed on deck so you can move from side to side.