Full payment at time of booking (cruise in more than 4 months)?

Stefan_Cruise

Hi!

I got a very good offer from a online cruise agency (I booked a few times there) for a Regent transatlantic crossing! They told me that as this is a special offer I have to pay the full amount at the time of booking! Is this usual for a Regent booking? The cruise departs on the 21th of march 2018!

Thanks

Stefan

This is from the terms and conditions section of the RSSC website:

Payment Policy: Payments cannot be transferred to alternative booking within 120 days of sailing. Final payment must be received by RSSC 90 days prior to cruise departure forcruises 14 nights or less in length. Cruises 15 nights or greater in length, final payment must be received by RSSC 150 days prior to cruise departure. Final payment is due theend of the following business day for bookings made within 30 days of departure. RSSC reserves the right to cancel any booking not fully paid at time of final payment. Paymentmay be made by personal check, American Express, Visa or MasterCard.

On the other hand you are only 102 day out anyway.

Edited by MPCakes
Add more info

102 days out...if final payment is due no later than 90 days prior to departure, it's also possible that the TA is providing a bit of a time-cushion in the even that there are issues with the credit card being used - gives a few extra days to work it out and still make the payment on time. If you're paying with a credit card then Regent charges the card - the TA won't see the commission payment from Regent any earlier if your payment is processed 90 days out vs 180 days out.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is it usual that there will be a cruise fare offered that you can´t find with any other TA? The difference is about $ 1.200,-- per person!

The only time I’ve seen that much of a price difference is when one is air-inclusive and the less expensive one is a cruise only fare. Make sure both include air if you’re using it, otherwise compare it against the brochure price minus the air credit.

I have just checked when our balance is due for our January '19 cruise.

The invoice forwarded to us from our TA from Regent shows a due date of 6th October 2018, but our TA paperwork states the balance has to reach them but the 2nd August 2018.

That is 8 weeks difference!!

Makes you wonder in today's electronic payment age, just what they will be doing with our quite significant payment.

I have just checked when our balance is due for our January '19 cruise.

The invoice forwarded to us from our TA from Regent shows a due date of 6th October 2018, but our TA paperwork states the balance has to reach them but the 2nd August 2018.

That is 8 weeks difference!!

Makes you wonder in today's electronic payment age, just what they will be doing with our quite significant payment.

I had the same with my TA. When I queried it I was told they deal with all kinds of cruise lines and January (in my case) was the generic time their accounts department collects their monies. They did agree by email to change mine to the same month as Regent asked for their monies.