Do I need a certain form for daughter whos dad will not be cruising?

Briannah20

you couldn't find one person on this thread that needed it? really... I see reading skills is only an option and not a requirement

and if every situation is different as you correctly pointed out, wouldnt it be better safe than sorry and have it since someone else situation might be different from yours as many posters already proved?

bless your heart

I like the way you put it....

"ONLY AN OPTION AND NOT A REQUIREMENT"

Just as having such a letter letting Carnival know your child is traveling with you or coming though Homeland Security!!

I never said that my experience dictates what everyone has to be follow.

SHOCKER.... Carnival customer service was correct about boarding THEIR cruise line!!

In reading skills always understand the question....... Nowhere is there a form to be filled out, just need a written letter.... "ONLY AN OPTION AND NOT A REQUIREMENT"

(not to mention DHS does a great job with the cruise ships in verifying documents) lol

Happy Holidays

I like the way you put it....

"ONLY AN OPTION AND NOT A REQUIREMENT"

Just as having such a letter letting Carnival know your child is traveling with you or coming though Homeland Security!!

I never said that my experience dictates what everyone has to be follow.

SHOCKER.... Carnival customer service was correct about boarding THEIR cruise line!!

In reading skills always understand the question....... Nowhere is there a form to be filled out, just need a written letter.... "ONLY AN OPTION AND NOT A REQUIREMENT"

(not to mention DHS does a great job with the cruise ships in verifying documents) lol

Happy Holidays

im glad we are in agreement... I never said it was required at all... only strongly recommended and people here have been delayed because they did ask for it so in my opinion , better safe than sorry.

Carnival is in the business of selling cruises, not mediating family custody issues. As a single father I took my two daughters cruising several times with no mother consent letter ever. No issues at all with Carnival. One time at the CBP line they pulled my daughter, who was 12 at the time, aside and asked her if I was her father. She answered affirmative and on our merry way we went. Now I suppose if you come back with an inconsolable child screaming " I want my mommy and daddy " then yes there may be an issue :') .

Carnival is in the business of selling cruises, not mediating family custody issues. As a single father I took my two daughters cruising several times with no mother consent letter ever. No issues at all with Carnival. One time at the CBP line they pulled my daughter, who was 12 at the time, aside and asked her if I was her father. She answered affirmative and on our merry way we went. Now I suppose if you come back with an inconsolable child screaming " I want my mommy and daddy " then yes there may be an issue :') .

Another one!!!! Thank You......

LOL.... need I say more!!

Happy Holidays

so the verbiage on the website is wrong as well as CBT? interesting.

Since I know customer service is barely 50/50 with right answers... I will stick to whats actually printed.

also - in cases of one divorced parent taking their child out of the country without permission of the other... a birth certificate is not useful at all... sorry.

SHOCKER... CUSTOMER SERVICE GAVE YOU BAD INFORMATION

(not to mention others saying IN THIS THREAD that they needed it) lol

im glad we are in agreement... I never said it was required at all... only strongly recommended and people here have been delayed because they did ask for it so in my opinion , better safe than sorry.

We are in agreement....... REALLY!?! :confused::confused:

IF YOUR NAME IS ON THE CHILD BIRTH CERTIFICATE A LETTER FROM THE OTHER PARENT IS NOT NEEDED

:cocktail::cocktail::tropical-drink::tropical-drink:....... someone had 1 too many....

Ahhhhhhhh......... Thank You!

:cool::cool::cool:

Enough said ....... I'm done!!!

(case close) LOL

let me see if I understand you....

you believe the ones on this thread that have not needed the form and it helps you make your case

the ones that NEEDED the form on this same thread you dont believe because they are just people who post on a forum and shouldnt be believed?

ok... got it. your case is closed, thanks

I continue to be puzzled by the ones being asked for the letter by border control when they are returning as it is clearly stated that the United States has no requirement for such a letter.

Of course there was a report from years ago from the Port of Galveston where a border agent was passing out warning to people returning from a cruise that did not have a passport. The person even posted a picture of the warning they received. You can probably search for the thread. I would try the words Galveston, passport warning if you want to check it out for yourself.

So that just proves they do not always get things correct.

But for the record, never one time had anyone reported they were denied boarding because they did not have this not required letter. On carnival. There was a lady that reported her friend who did not have internet access had been denied boarding on another cruise line because of not having a letter, but I was never able to confirm it because of the friends lack of internet access.

There used to be a lady that swore she was asked Everytime she went to Cozumel. However, not one time could she give any details such as who was asking her for it there. As the only place I know for a fact they check for it is at the air Port. You can probably search for that one too.

There was one person who was traveling with her husband and his daughter. If seems the ex wife would not sign a letter, and even call the Port the day of the cruise to inform them the child was being kidnapped. They were still allowed to board without a problem. You can probably search that thread too. I would look for step daughter, kidnapping or words such as that and it will probably come up.

My all time favorite was from I think her name was pickle bongo. She had taken her children on a cruise and got the not needed letter signed and notarized from the ex. All went well. The second time she wanted to take her children, the ex was in jail. She basically had a heart attack for several weeks while trying to figure out how to get a letter signed. She finally worked out she could send it with his lawyer. So the lawyer took it but the ex refused to sign. It was getting close to the cruise by that time and she was having double heart failure. She must have called carnival 20 times a day. She still had the original letter so finally she was told to scratch out the dates on the one she had and write the new dates in. She did this and went on the cruise with her children no problems. Apparently the altered letter was asked for and accepted???

One last thing, there used to be a lady that claimed she worked at a Port and she always asked for a letter. I asked her every single time what happened if the parent did not have it. I NEVER got any answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree there has never been anyone denied that I have seen or heard about here. but there have been people that have been delayed and thats probably why its strongly recommended and not required.

if you are denied boarding... then it probably would be required.

let me see if I understand you....

you believe the ones on this thread that have not needed the form and it helps you make your case

the ones that NEEDED the form on this same thread you dont believe because they are just people who post on a forum and shouldnt be believed?

ok... got it. your case is closed, thanks

Bottom line....

1) Lady asked is there a form

2) I said if your name is on birth certificate you do not need any letter

3) you said in cases of one divorced parent taking their child out of the country without permission of the other... a birth certificate is not useful at all... sorry.

4) I called customer service and they told me the same thing I stated

5) you came by and said SHOCKER... CUSTOMER SERVICE GAVE YOU BAD INFORMATION

6) I posted MANY posts that people went though without showing any letter(EVEN IF THEY HAD ANY LETTER)

7) As more people came saying they went pass without showing anything it was my proof that I was correct so case close

8) you said (not to mention others saying IN THIS THREAD that they needed it)

9) I pointed out more people on this thread DID NOT show any letter (not form) vs people that did show a letter.

I hope you understood it now ...... In any case we can agree to disagree

Happy Holidays

If it's strongly recommended, I'm going to get it.

It's like travel insurance...there are a lot of people who never have needed it and it's not a requirement.

But that one time something happens, or someone asks?

Unless the recommendation is extreme or requires a ton of extra effort/money, I'll take the 100% peace of mind.

My wife has a son from a previous marraige, we always bring the notorized letters...even though we personally have not been asked for it, it takes a simple phone call and a few days to get it from his biological father. Even if it's not notarized, we have something from him giving us permission.

Always better to be safe than sorry and out a ton of money.

Bottom line....

2) I said if your name is on birth certificate you do not need any letter

3) you said in cases of one divorced parent taking their child out of the country without permission of the other... a birth certificate is not useful at all... sorry.

4) I called customer service and they told me the same thing I stated

5) you came by and said SHOCKER... CUSTOMER SERVICE GAVE YOU BAD INFORMATION

6) I posted MANY posts that people went though without showing any letter(EVEN IF THEY HAD ANY LETTER)

7) As more people came saying they went pass without showing anything it was my proof that I was correct so case close

8) you said (not to mention others saying IN THIS THREAD that they needed it)

9) I pointed out more people on this thread DID NOT show any letter (not form) vs people that did show a letter.

I hope you understood it now ...... In any case we can agree to disagree

Happy Holidays

as usual, you put a wrong spin on things... let me guide you better

2) you said if your name is on birth certificate you do not need any letter

3) I said there is a form that the CBT HIGHLY RECOMMENDS and that if you are stopped... a birth certificate does not resolve this

4) you claim to have called customer service and they told me the same thing I stated

5) I came by and said SHOCKER... CUSTOMER SERVICE GAVE YOU BAD INFORMATION

6) you posted MANY posts that people went though without showing any letter(EVEN IF THEY HAD ANY LETTER)

7) As more people came saying they went pass without showing anything it was my proof that I WAS CORRECT THAT MOST PEOPLE DONT NEED IS BUT SOME DO AND ITS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

8) and some people said they DID need to provide the letter but you conveniently ignored those people

9) I said (not to mention others saying IN THIS THREAD that they needed it) ONLY AFTER YOU SAID -You trust a cruise board over the cruise worker?? - BUT YOU BELIEVE THE ONES THAT ARE ARE YOUR SIDE ONLY

10) you pointed out more people on this thread DID NOT show any letter (not form) vs people that did show a letter.

11) and I never debated that at all... 99% of the time you will not need the letter but all I have said is its highly recommended... people HAVE been stopped and why would anyone want to take that chance

After all that , it can be boiled down to this

• 99% of the people dont need it
  • a few WILL need it
  • its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY CARNIVAL in this website and the CBT

case closed

If it's strongly recommended, I'm going to get it.

It's like travel insurance...there are a lot of people who never have needed it and it's not a requirement.

But that one time something happens, or someone asks?

Unless the recommendation is extreme or requires a ton of extra effort/money, I'll take the 100% peace of mind.

My wife has a son from a previous marraige, we always bring the notorized letters...even though we personally have not been asked for it, it takes a simple phone call and a few days to get it from his biological father. Even if it's not notarized, we have something from him giving us permission.

Always better to be safe than sorry and out a ton of money.

very logical and sound thinking!

I continue to be puzzled by the ones being asked for the letter by border control when they are returning as it is clearly stated that the United States has no requirement for such a letter.

Of course there was a report from years ago from the Port of Galveston where a border agent was passing out warning to people returning from a cruise that did not have a passport. The person even posted a picture of the warning they received. You can probably search for the thread. I would try the words Galveston, passport warning if you want to check it out for yourself.

So that just proves they do not always get things correct.

But for the record, never one time had anyone reported they were denied boarding because they did not have this not required letter. On carnival. There was a lady that reported her friend who did not have internet access had been denied boarding on another cruise line because of not having a letter, but I was never able to confirm it because of the friends lack of internet access.

There used to be a lady that swore she was asked Everytime she went to Cozumel. However, not one time could she give any details such as who was asking her for it there. As the only place I know for a fact they check for it is at the air Port. You can probably search for that one too.

There was one person who was traveling with her husband and his daughter. If seems the ex wife would not sign a letter, and even call the Port the day of the cruise to inform them the child was being kidnapped. They were still allowed to board without a problem. You can probably search that thread too. I would look for step daughter, kidnapping or words such as that and it will probably come up.

My all time favorite was from I think her name was pickle bongo. She had taken her children on a cruise and got the not needed letter signed and notarized from the ex. All went well. The second time she wanted to take her children, the ex was in jail. She basically had a heart attack for several weeks while trying to figure out how to get a letter signed. She finally worked out she could send it with his lawyer. So the lawyer took it but the ex refused to sign. It was getting close to the cruise by that time and she was having double heart failure. She must have called carnival 20 times a day. She still had the original letter so finally she was told to scratch out the dates on the one she had and write the new dates in. She did this and went on the cruise with her children no problems. Apparently the altered letter was asked for and accepted???

One last thing, there used to be a lady that claimed she worked at a Port and she always asked for a letter. I asked her every single time what happened if the parent did not have it. I NEVER got any answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

there is no requirement. its highly recommended because they do check at times if there is kidnapping or one parent taking a child into another country without the other parents permission or maybe other scenarios. I dont know what the CBT criteria is but its obviously not done often but showing from this thread it is asked for (on rare occasions). all I have ever heard is someone gets delayed for a while before its straightened out so its not 'required'. as long as you didnt do anything illegal, then you will board. no reason to believe otherwise but if asked, I would rather produce the document and go on my way than have any type of delay.

no one is required to take it, no one is required to show it. it CAN cause delays in the rare occasion that they ask for it. thats all this thread proves pretty clearly

I continue to be puzzled by the ones being asked for the letter by border control when they are returning as it is clearly stated that the United States has no requirement for such a letter. ...

CBP agents have a fair amount of discretion. Certainly if one has a feeling that something is not quite right s/he will probe further. Anyone attempting to enter the country in the commission of an offence is certainly within the purview of CBP. This would be the case if a court mandated custody agreement was being violated. Quickest way to clear this up is with appropriate written authorization.