Quick Thanksgiving on the Breeze Review

nealstuber

We had a great cruise on the Breeze, but before I get in to the details, I thought I’d address some current topics from this board:

P gift: Stainless Steel Tumbler

Stateroom service: Did not see steward until day 3 but on the first afternoon we left a note asking for robes, extra pillows, a mattress topper and 2x service (with a Jefferson). All requests were met that night. But turndown was very minimal through the whole cruise and the towel animals appeared as part of morning service.

Dress code not enforced, definitely the most casual 7 dress we’ve seen on a 7 day cruise.

Aft pool supposed to be for Adults only. Not enforced, one 4 year old thought it was lots of fun to throw cups of water at every one else in the pool (he almost got a watered down glass of PYOB thrown back at him).

Embark: Staggered Times, received an email to arrive an hour later and ignored it. We were P and boarded at 11:15.

Holiday stuff: Thanksgiving Turkey was the only bad meal. As others have stated if you want carved turkey go to Lido. They were breaking out the Christmas decorations as we left.

P/D party evening of the last full sea day, they also had an event on night 3 for Ds.

Guys BBQ in place of seaside BBQ very good. Taste bar 3 afternoons only.

New Pizza - IMO not as good as old pizza - lines never bad there or at Guys Burgers.

PYOB - $4 for 14 ounces no tip added.

Debark: They made several announcements about strictly enforcing debark procedures for safety reasons keeping the lobby clear, probably a result of the Zion incident.

We were very happy to have a chance to sail the Breeze before she leaves Galveston. We’ve been on both of her sisters and really like the decor of the Breeze the best. Dream is “Farcussy” and Magic is Bland. Also in the cabins the lights are different and better as are the knobs for the cabinets. Nicest Carnival cabin we’ve had by far.

We loved all three of our coves, but on this trip, they were washing the lifeboats All morning on day two and doing some grinding overhead starting at 8am on day 3. BOO!

If you’re in the center of the MDR is very loud and feels like a cafeteria. Noise does not carry to the 1 story perimeter and it’s much nicer there.

Jamaica started off as an overcast day with showers predicted in the afternoon. The showers turned out to be a mini-monsoon. Our 15 minute cab ride back took over an hour and if we had left much later the cab would not have been able to pass through the flooded streets near the pier. We made it back with time to spare, but they held the ship almost 4 hours as many tours were that late. Still made it to GC on time the next morning.

Cozumel Debark was a mess, and they also left late due to ferry’s from IM being late.

We really enjoyed the playlist shows much more than we thought we would. Flick was very good. The CD - Magic Mike and his fun squad did a really great job with fun things in the Atrium before and after the shows. My wife and I continue to be amazed by how many people think it’s “OK” to stumble 1/2 across a row a seated people to catch the last 10 minutes of a show: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, Don Fannuci?!?!

First time for us on a ship with Guys and BI. We were not overly impressed with the burgers, but loved the fries. We did not know the BI did breakfast tacos, apparently neither did most of the ship. There was never a line there even when the Marketplace was packed.

Room service delivery was excellent, morning coffee always at the front end of the 1/2 delivery window. We ordered some wings and beer to enjoy the night time sailaway from Coz. Was shocked when we were told it would only be 20-30 minutes (and it came quicker than that). On RCCL during a prime time like that it would be 90 minutes.

So we had a great Cruise. We used to be willing to pay a $100pppw premium to sail on Royal Vs Carnival, but we’re finding that Carnival has improved their entertainment, and RCCL’s service is sliding. For even money, we’d probably still sail Royal, but we are no longer willing to pay a premium to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoyed your review! We will sail on the Breeze for the second time on 12/10. Definitely our favorite CCL ship thus far. Can you tell me how the "new" pizza compares to the old pizza? I guess I didn't realize it had changed. We were on Freedom in October, and it seemed to be the same, which is fine. I like CCL's pizza over other lines for sure.

Enjoyed your review! We will sail on the Breeze for the second time on 12/10. Definitely our favorite CCL ship thus far. Can you tell me how the "new" pizza compares to the old pizza? I guess I didn't realize it had changed. We were on Freedom in October, and it seemed to be the same, which is fine. I like CCL's pizza over other lines for sure.

There’s a whole pizza thread on the issue which is why I addressed as I did. We found the crust motza like and the sauce a bit sweet for our taste. But when you’re drunk in the middle of the ocean and there is nothing else, it’s still pretty good.

There’s a whole pizza thread on the issue which is why I addressed as I did. We found the crust motza like and the sauce a bit sweet for our taste. But when you’re drunk in the middle of the ocean and there is nothing else, it’s still pretty good.

I was on this same cruise, and one night the sauce was so sweet it was unbearable. I likened it to tomato jelly, it wasn't as sweet the next night.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the review...we are looking forward to seeing her in PC...we love her sister ship, Magic and have sailed her 2x with 2 more coming up (in December and end of March 18) before she leaves :loudcry: but so very happy to see several good reviews and comments about the Breeze as we are looking to book for next December soon....:D

Thank you for the review...we are looking forward to seeing her in PC...we love her sister ship, Magic and have sailed her 2x with 2 more coming up (in December and end of March 18) before she leaves :loudcry: but so very happy to see several good reviews and comments about the Breeze as we are looking to book for next December soon....:D

Magic was the ship that got us hooked on coves back when she was in Galveston. Breeze is much nicer, the stateroom halls and even the public bathrooms are decorated with a tropical motif, the cabin doors have woodlike contact paper on them which is also nice. The market place and the atrium cream colored with 2-3 foot tall cloth lights in very complimentary colors.

Even though we though the Breeze was the nicest of the three sisters, we had our best cruise on Dream - but that was an 8 day New Years Cruise with perfect weather every day and ports we like better.

Nice review, just wondering if any of the new menus such as the MDR port day breakfast & steakhouse are on the Breeze. Also the baked Alaska.

The breakfast menu had some different items on it, but we go so infrequently to the MDR for breakfast not sure if it was “new.” Did not do the Steakhouse but Cuccina del Captino Menu was different than last year on the Dream (I still got chicken parm). No baked Alaska unless it was the night we went to the Cuccina.

I meant to comment on this as there is always so much chatter about the decline of the food in the MDR for dinner. I don’t think anyone would disagree that dinner is not what it used to be, and lunch in the main is gone completely (unless you count sea day brunch). BUT, with so many great choices for breakfast and lunch, on the whole we feel free cruise food has actually improved on Carnival Vs when we started cruising 25 years ago.

Nice review!! We're on the Breeze for a second time February 25. We Just sailed on the Vista earlier this month and had a great time, but the Breeze is our favorite ship!! Love the tandori kitchen for lunch, and Schwartz, the cruise director, is so much fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Great review. We sailed on the Breeze the week of Nov 12 and was our 2nd time this year, 3rd time overall on Breeze. It’s our fav ship so far too. But we sail in Vista next year so we shall see if the Breeze keeps her status. Ha!

I am kicking myself because I failed to bring home the Fun Times this trip and can’t remember the name of the hisband/wife Latin duo that sang on board.

Thanks for sharing!

If that's you then who's the young couple in your avatar photo? ;)

Funny you should mention that. Most of the Beach Pics were taken at Passion Island. When we were there for the 2nd time last month I mentioned to DW that my CCA was from the last time we were there. Couldn’t remember what year it was till we got home and looked at the poster from that cruise .. It was 2009!

Should probably get around to changing that - and my screen name (Internet was not as big a deal back when I joined CC).