Scooter on Summit (Sky Suite)

kokopelli-az

We want to rent a Drive Go Go Sport scooter for our upcoming cruise on the Summit. Our travel agent tells us our stateroom (Sky Suite category S1) door is 36" wide. The scooter is less than 22" wide so would definitely fit through a door of this width. However, I am wondering if 36" is actually the door width since this sounds rather wide (this is stateroom 6102, not an accessible stateroom). Has anyone had a scooter of this this type in a Sky Suite stateroom?

I don't think 36" sounds right. That's the width of a regular front door on a house. Inside home doors are 30". That being said, I've rented scooters on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival and never had an issue with getting it through the door. However, in a smaller cabin, it eats a lot of space.

which suite? Perhaps someone on summit now can check it out for you.

It is Sky Suite Category S1, room 6102.

(This cruise was booked over a year and a half ago and at that time we didn't need an accessible suite. How things change. Our rooms from now on are all accessible.)

I have been in that cabin, on that ship with my Pride Go Go Sport and it fit just fine into the cabin. Of course, I remove the armrests on all my scooters because I just don't like them, so that can be something you can do if you're worried about fitting in the door. The other thing is, the straighter you can pull into the cabin the better, as opposed to trying to get in the doorway on more of an angle.

I have been in that cabin, on that ship with my Pride Go Go Sport and it fit just fine into the cabin. Of course, I remove the armrests on all my scooters because I just don't like them, so that can be something you can do if you're worried about fitting in the door. The other thing is, the straighter you can pull into the cabin the better, as opposed to trying to get in the doorway on more of an angle.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

We have rented a scooter for my FIL on the Equinox and the rental company has said that it will be in the cabin when we board. Will Celebrity provide any assistance to get to the room to get the scooter? What if the rooms are not ready when we board? Unfortunately, we booked the cabins at the back of the ship before he needed the scooter.

When we used to rent a scooter, my DW would find a nice location with a comfortable chair often in the library or wherever the wheelchair service would drop me off. When cabins were available she would go get the scooter and I would use up the rest of the trip. When exiting, I would ride to where the wheelchairs would pick us up and that she would take the scooter back to the cabin. It’s more complicated to write about that it is to do. FYI we solved the problem by buying a scooter for me.