Laundry options

peug

On the Magic is there an option to pay one price for the week and send out laundry as many times as you want? We did this on HAL and didn’t need to pack as much. Also if we use the laundromat is soap provided?

On the Magic is there an option to pay one price for the week and send out laundry as many times as you want? We did this on HAL and didn’t need to pack as much. Also if we use the laundromat is soap provided?

Soap is not provided, but it is available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want to send laundry out, wait for the $15 bag special, usually offered on the 4th day or so of a 7 day cruise. If its an emergency, you can send out laundry at any time for a higher price. Platinums get 3 bags free each week, Diamonds get unlimited.

If you want to do your own, there are washers, dryers, (and usually soap for sale dispensers), as well as an iron on most decks, check the plans for one nearest your cabin. I haven't ever used the self laundry, but I believed this is correct from what I've read here on CC.

One piece of advice I've read here is to avoid high usage times for the self laundry, say the afternoon or night prior to an elegant evening.

If you want to send laundry out, wait for the $15 bag special, usually offered on the 4th day or so of a 7 day cruise. If its an emergency, you can send out laundry at any time for a higher price. Platinums get 3 bags free each week, Diamonds get unlimited.

If you want to do your own, there are washers, dryers, (and usually soap for sale dispensers), as well as an iron on most decks, check the plans for one nearest your cabin. I haven't ever used the self laundry, but I believed this is correct from what I've read here on CC.

One piece of advice I've read here is to avoid high usage times for the self laundry, say the afternoon or night prior to an elegant evening.

On our last two cruises we sent the laundry bag when we were ready, I don't think it's limited to the 4th night any longer. We do enough laundry during the year so we make sure to budget for the laundry bag.

You can send laundry out any time but if you wait until day 4, it's less expensive.

The laundretts are convenient and there's soap available for purchase. We've never had a problem with theft but make sure you don't forget your laundry in the machines for hours. People get mad!

On our last two cruises we sent the laundry bag when we were ready, I don't think it's limited to the 4th night any longer. We do enough laundry during the year so we make sure to budget for the laundry bag.

Of course you can send laundry out at any time except the penultimate and ultimate days of a cruise. I was referring to the special pricing of $15/bag being available around the 4th day of a week long cruise..

Has that changed - is laundry now $15/bag all the time? I've been platinum/diamond for a while now so I haven't looked for the special pricing in a long time. Seems like I still saw the special pricing recently though on one of those ad papers we all get with the fun times..

Don’t send anything you like to the laundry... they use hot water and have very hot dryers. They will ruin anything that shrinks. We are Platinum and can send 3 bags for cleaning, but my wife opts to launder herself to avoid the issues we had in the past. YMMV...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course you can send laundry out at any time except the penultimate and ultimate days of a cruise. I was referring to the special pricing of $15/bag being available around the 4th day of a week long cruise..

Has that changed - is laundry now $15/bag all the time? I've been platinum/diamond for a while now so I haven't looked for the special pricing in a long time. Seems like I still saw the special pricing recently though on one of those ad papers we all get with the fun times..

It would seem so based on our experience in the steward providing the bag upon request and it only costing $15 (plus there was never an announcement flyer as in the past, saying fill the bag to day).