***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:18 AM.
Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes I told her about the bereavement fares but they really aren't much good since they are based on the full fare anyway. She did call and ask if there was anything else but there wasn't so she had to pay the extra fees. I went and let their dog out about 8 tonight, they will be back about 12:30 tonight.

It is raining now but it is still pretty warm. It kinda misted all day long so finally it is coming down a little more. Still just a sprinkle not really raining.

What do you take for sleep, I was taking an allergy pill but was getting so dry in the morning got off of them. I usually sleep pretty good, every once in awhile seems like I'm awake most of the night but that doesn't happen too often.

I was down .2 today at WW. Funny I went to the mall since it was so gloomy out and stopped at the Fannie May kiosk (as usual). The regular guy was working that I talked to last month. He had told me he had joined WW so today I asked him how it was going and he said he had lost 30 pounds!! He had said last month that he weighed 300 pounds so he had a lot to lose. His face seemed thinner which I always think is strange that peoples faces change so much when they lose weight.

Thanks for the prayers for my sister,
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I take Talinolol PM and it does the trick so I can sleep all night.

I was gone all day long today taking the GK's places and then taking that lady friend of mine shopping. It started raining real hard in the afternoon and went in to the night. Now it has stopped and it looks like tomorrow will be nice.

That is too bad that the airline took advantage of your friends the way they did. That is not right to do that to people.

Congrats of loosing .2. Take it little by little. Always better to loose rather than gain even if it is only a little bit. Wow that guy loosing 30 pounds. But being at 300 pounds he must have been a really big guy. I agree that when people are loosing weight, you notice it in their faces first.

The Chicago Marathon is stepping off tomorrow morning. Weather wise it looks to be a very nice day.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Had rain today also, don't know if its enough to green up the grass or not. I was surprised how windy it was.

I was thinking you were going to see your aunt this weekend, but then I saw the marathon was going to be on and thought Bill might be working in some capacity for it.

Kind of a wasted day today, didn't really do anything. Oh yes I did get one thing done. I am invited to a Halloween party so came up with the idea of being Flo from the progressive insurance commercial. I was able to find the apron, the Flo pin, the I love ins pin and the headband on line for $10.99. So only have to find a brown wig. I can wear white pants and a white t-shirt.

My friends were coming back from Tx late last night, their flight was back to Milwaukee where they started from. Well seems the whole Milwaukee airport was closed so they were diverted to Ohare. She called me about 11:30pm and said they didn't know what they were going to do but would I go and get their dog and bring her home with me for the night. I wasn't in bed yet but had on my jammies so got somewhat dressed and went and got her. This morning she called and said they had rented a car to get home and would pick up the dog if I was up. I was so they came and got her. Don't know if they got any kind of compensation for that or not, will have to ask her.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, Bill was down at McCormick Place yesterday morning passing out the runners packets with their bid numbers in it. It seems like a good day today compared the way it has been the past few days.

I am wondering why the MKE airport was closed? So they got diverted to O'Hare instead. I would be thinking they should have gotten some compensation, or at least a bus to get them to MKE where they could have gotten their car and luggage.

Well that sounds like a real good outfit for the Halloween Party you will be going to. Where is the party at?

Funny things as well. Bill got confused as well about going to Oshkosh. He thought we were going on Friday and then realized that we were not going until this coming Friday. So not only you but him as well.

Enjoy this beautiful day today.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
The Halloween party is at one of my zumba friends house. She has great parties, last spring she had a Black & White party, everyone had to wear one or the other or both colors.

Well if Bill thought it was this week I'm in good company, so you will be going next Friday, still supposed to be good weather.

The grass has greened up pretty good, still have some brown spots. Didn't get near enough rain like they said.

I went to the show this afternoon and saw A Mountain Between Us. It was a really good movie. I highly recommend it.

Going to the apple orchard tomorrow with my Friday night dancing girlfriends. Lots of things to see in the big barn and we'll have lunch too. Hoping because its Columbus Day that there won't be too many kids.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, all of the kids will be off from school tomorrow. So it might be loaded with kids. Bill is off tomorrow because of the holiday.

I guess the next chance for rain is on Tuesday. I know over the past couple of days we did get a lot of rain.

Well that sounds like it will be a great party. You friend sounds like she puts on very good party's. Enjoy

Even though everyone will be off of work tomorrow due to the Columbus Day holiday. I of course will not. The jerk would never do that. But the good news is he and his girlfriend will be flying to Denver on Wednesday and returning on Friday. I plan on leaving early on Friday.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
There were tons of people and lots and lots of kids at the orchard. A gal I used to work with at the travel agency came up and said hi to me, I didn't even recognize her, she had to tell me her name and where I knew her from. She had changed her hair to blonde and it had been dark brown before. I hadn't seen her since she came to our wedding reception 15 years ago. Don't know how she could recognize me with my now white hair. Anyway my friends and I ate the samples all throughout the barn and then had lunch and a piece of apple pie and ice cream. I only ate half my lunch and the pie. It didn't taste good enough to waste the calories. I know we are having dinner Wednesday night so have to pace myself.

We really haven't had much rain and could use more. I saw there is more coming but it looks like it might just be headed south of us again.

If your timing is right you won't have to see your boss at all for a while!

I am going to have to change the blue light treatment, my grandson called last night and told me he was getting married and wanted me to come. He has been going with this girl for maybe 5 to 7 years and last week her younger sister got married so I think that is what brought this on now. She is older than him and has a grown and married daughter but seems to be good for him. I told him to talk it over with her and if she wanted I would give them my wedding rings. I know they cost a lot more than what they could afford but what am I going to do with them ever. But I told him too if she wanted to get her own I wouldn't feel bad or upset it is only an offer. The wedding is in Tennessee, where her mom & dad have a cabin, on the 19 of November. I got right on the computer and booked flights the 18th and back on the 21st. On the 22nd the flights all went sky high because of Thanksgiving. They wanted me to stay over but I don't want to pay that much for a hotel room, they did say I could stay with them but I don't like to do that, I want my own space at night.

Long post tonight, so much to tell you!
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, so you have waited a long time to get that treatment done, another few weeks will not make a big deal. I am sure if you call them to change it to another date they will be totally understanding.

I figured with the holiday that place would be very crowded. Plus the weather was decent as well. That is really something that the lady did recognize you and you were able to do some catching up. Always have to pace yourself for the Wednesday night crowd. You know all too well they will have something good to eat.

We did get a lot of rain over the weekend. They are calling for rain sometime today. But thus far it is just overcast and looking like rain but none so far.

Yes, the jerk leaves tomorrow for DEN and returns on Friday. So if I leave early afternoon we should be able to make it up there and to avoid a lot of traffic.

Well that will be good for you to get away and attend the weeding. I would not want to stay with anyone either. I enjoy my own space. Also good to get back to avoid the much higher fares.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Went to the food pantry today but they had so many volunteers I "volunteered" to come home. I planned to go to the Van Galder bus travel show in Janesville but when I called to make a reservation they said they were over capacity and couldn't not let anymore people come. I asked about the Rockford show and she said that was sold out as well. So I guess I'll just have to use the travel guide they sent me to see where I want to go.

On Thursday is the Chicago pedway tour, that should be interesting.

Today it has been raining off and on, windy and cold too. What a change from yesterday!

Going to bible study but thinking I should just stay home and stay warm. I will be home by 9pm so its not so bad. Noticed its also getting dark earlier and earlier. Just wait till we change the clock the end of the month!

Leave as early as you can to avoid the traffic and start your mini vacation.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, it is actually in November when we change the clocks. It is depressing just now with it getting dark so early. Agreed it will be real dark in a few weeks after the change.

Wow that must really be popular to have both places all booked up for the tour buses. So tell me about this Chicago pedway tour. Is that when they put you on pedways and tour with a guide around the city? Sounds very interesting.

It was an extremely bad night last night. With much rain and wind just like you said. It is raining just now as well. But I do not think it will be all day long, only in the morning.

Agreed we do have to leave as early as possible on Friday. I did see rain around here on Saturday. So hopefully it will be nice there over the weekend.

So I did not fully understand about what you were going to do last night. Did you stay home due to the bad weather or did you end up going out?

Had a message on my phone this morning from my aunt at 1:30 this morning. She fell and could not get up. There were 4 paramedics standing over her. They took her to the ER and she has 4 cracked ribs. But she is still looking forward to seeing us this weekend.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Oh so sorry about your aunt, cracked ribs take forever to get better. They hurt every time you try to take a breath. Good you are going soon to see her.

I did go to bible study, it was nasty out but I went anyway. Got home a little after 9pm so that was good.

I thought it was the end of Oct to change the clocks, I'll have to listen when they say to do it on the news or probably will be on facebook too.

You are thinking of segways, that is the thing you ride and they give tours on. I am going to see the pedway, its supposed to be underground sidewalks that you can get to the stores from. Evidently they have always been there, but will find out for sure tomorrow. Supposed to be good when the weather is bad.

My sister got the really bad news yesterday, the spots on her ribs and hip are cancer. The breast cancer she had 2 years ago has metastasis. There is a big cancer center called Moffit not sure that spelling is correct but they are going to put her in a trial, hopefully she gets the real meds and it helps keep her alive!

Today would have been Bill and my 15th wedding anniversary so it was a hard day to get through thinking about him and my sister.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, the date for the time change is the first Sunday in November, the 5th. So fall back.

I will say prayers for your comfort. Bill and I are past 10 years. I will also include your sister in my prayers, as this latest news does not sound good at all.

OK, now I know what you are talking about. When Bill and I take the train downtown he takes us underground as we are already getting off of the train and we head into the loop with all of the underground stores. Agreed when the weather is nasty it is good that we do not have to brave the weather. I hope you enjoy and have a good time today.

The weather has been terrible the past few days. I see around here on Saturday more rain. I hope we have good weather in Oshkosh. I also agree about cracked ribs. She will be in much discomfort for a while. Luck it was not more and that she did get help fast as well. On our way home on Sunday we will stop in Kenosha at this place called the Brat Stop. I do not know if you have ever heard of it and we will watch the Packer game as it will be blacked out around here.

So we went to a board meeting for the theater guild that we belong to last night. We also were able to get tickets to a Hamilton performance in March 2018 for $125 pp and bus included. The board secured the tickets.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
The bus was pretty full so we split into 2 groups so we could hear the docents. That only lasted for about an hour when one of the women who was walking with a cane tripped and fell. They called the rescue squad and took her to the hospital so we had to be one big group. The pedway was interesting but we stopped every 20 feet or so to hear information and let the rest of the group catch up. Found out it is independently oned by each company, they can maintain it or don't have to, it is private property. Some sections are not connected to others. There is 5 miles or 40 blocks of pedway. We saw where the blue line and red line come in. The woman was not hurt bad they told us on the way home. Her and the leader of our group came home on the train.

I had to turn on the heat when I got home the house was cold. Nice and toasty now.

Have a birthday party tomorrow night at the dance place. Oh by the way last nights dinner was called an Al Capone roast. It was a pork roast stuffed with sausage, bacon and mushrooms. Evidently one of the grocery stores is making them.

Good luck leaving early tomorrow
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, busy morning. I actually went to WW and I am up ,2. Oh well.

That really sounded like a good meal last night. So now tonight you are going back for a birthday party.

Bill took my vehicle for its fist oil change. We had to have that done before we left today. Once it gets to 20% time to change the oil. Hoping to get out of here just after noon today.

Wow that sounded like a full group on the tour yesterday. Too bad about the lady who fell. At least she is OK.

Thus far we have not had our heat on. Temps are kind of up and down. Drops into the 50's at night and in the day it either goes to the 60's or 70's. Thus far all has been good inside of our house.

I really do not know how much we will be able to do with my aunt. I am sure she will be in much discomfort with the cracked ribs. We will just have to wait and see, and just to take things real easy.

Talk to you on Sunday. Enjoy the weekend.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
It was a different place on Friday night for the birthday party. Four couples and me were there. The gal that I thought would be coming alone has a boyfriend that came.

I made my goal at WW Friday, actually still want to lose 4 pounds but the leader that was okay now I wouldn't have to pay anymore and I could still do that.

My husband Bill's daughter had an Elvis impersonator at one of her assissted living homes today. She had invited me a while ago but wasn't sure I was going till yesterday when my friend Sandy said she would go with me. He sang all Elvis songs for an hour. He sounds like him and has the hair, sideburns and clothes so he's pretty good. He is also very good with the residents, sings to them and hugs them so they each feel special.

Hope your aunt is feeling a little better
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, she seemed to be better and was glad to see us come there. Once we got to WI it was raining all the way up there. It took us 4 hours going and 3 hours on the return. We always stop at the Brat Stop in Kenosha coming back. I do not know if you have ever heard of the place before. So going we took I-294 and on the way back we took the scenic route along the lake. It was said around here we got any where between 5 to 9" on rain. We got rain there but nothing like here.

I do remember that Bill's daughter has the Elvis person every year. It was good that you were able to go and enjoy the show.

Good for you to have met your goal at WW. Now all you have to do is maintain and keep your free status.

Anyway all in all it sounds like you all had a good time and enjoyed yourselves on Friday.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,606 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Sometimes a little company makes you feel better than being alone so good you were there to be with her for a few days.

Yes it rained like crazy on Saturday, didn't go look at the rain gauge but the grass sure is growing again. I am hoping to only have to cut it one more time.

I moved the blue light treatment to after Thanksgiving since I don't think there would have been enough time after having it done on the 8th to the wedding on the 19th.

One of the gals from WW came to my zumba class today, she really liked it. She had went last Tuesday and actually knew the other instructor from years ago. But she really liked the one that teaches on Mon & Wed.

Got my teeth cleaned today and they found a small cavity, now I have to go back on the 30 th to have it fixed. I haven't had a cavity for years and didn't want one!

Looks like a nice week coming, maybe get the lawn cut and some tulip bulbs planted.
Sharon
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13