I booked a cruise and didn’t tell the hubby...

Macklovin38

&&&&& that's ME! This post/ headline literally cracked me up !

I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago for a girls trip. For my mother (as a surprise ), my sister, my cousin & myself. Totally didn't discuss it with my husband until after the fact! I couldn't pass up the 50$ deposit [emoji51] he's not too happy- but I did tell him he can plan a guys trip.. and I'm fine with that! [emoji1303][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yay!!! You girls are going to have a great time!

I mentioned to my husband that we should do a premier cruise again...so he said well see what you can find...I found and booked a spring break cruise ;) then I was waiting forever for the 2019 Alaska cruises to come out and I booked one on June 25th of 2019. Our 20th anniversary is August 27th but we have to go a bit early due to my being a teacher. But hubby is fine with leaving all booking up to me..he just goes where I tell him ROFL:')

Alaska will be amazing. [emoji846]

Thanks! I really don’t think he’ll care (I have too much respect for him and his hard work to do anything I think he wouldn’t like) I just think that now I want to turn this into a “thing” and surprise him. Not sure what will happen though.

Wasn't criticizing, I think it would be a blast. I was just saying my husband hates that stuff. I do however book cruises for me and the kids without telling him and as long as he doesn't have to go he doesn't care.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s me. I booked a 2019 anniversary cruise for $50 deposit. We aren’t even married yet lol. My SO just shook his head at me.

I love cruises and good deals lol

This made me laugh!! I love it!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and cruise! [emoji4]

&&&&& that's ME! This post/ headline literally cracked me up !

I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago for a girls trip. For my mother (as a surprise ), my sister, my cousin & myself. Totally didn't discuss it with my husband until after the fact! I couldn't pass up the 50$ deposit [emoji51] he's not too happy- but I did tell him he can plan a guys trip.. and I'm fine with that! [emoji1303][emoji23]

I was single and had a blast with the "ladies only cruise"!!!!

Whew..... thanks for the memory....

Many years ago, before DW had a work schedule, we booked a five dayer (all of our previous had been weekers).

She had expressed a lot of buyers remorse as she felt five days would just be too short.

So I booked the 4day cruise after it as a B2B. Didn’t tell her and didn’t plan to. Had this whole plan about not wanting to pack on what was supposed to be the last night, pushing it off as long as I could.

I cracked when we went dress shopping for the cruise. She had two dresses that looked great, but there was only one formal night (as far as she knew) and I couldn’t convince her to get them both without telling her...

In retrospect, I should have let her pick one dress and gone back to the store myself the next day for the other.

So during the $50 deposit sale I booked an 8 day cruise on the Sunshine for 8 people (we have 4 adult kids, 2 with serious significant others) and I may have not mentioned it to my husband.

No real reason other than I just didn’t. I still haven’t. He’s not going to be mad or upset. He usually leaves all the booking up to me anyway. But I admit that we hadn’t even talked about going on a cruise. We didn’t even cruise at all in 2017. That sale just got me.

Im terrible at keeping something like this a secret. Horrible. I just get so excited and I wanna talk about it all the time!

I’m so shocked that I haven’t yet told him. That now I’m thinking that I won’t tell him at all until a few weeks before we leave and turn this thing into a big surprise for him. However- we aren’t going until almost a year from now (Aug.31, 2018) and I cant be trusted.

To be continued....

I did the same thing. I booked one for next Sept, no deposit through a third party internet site I have used before. We decided we love traveling in Sept so he probably doesn't even remember what itinerary I told him it was. I told him this weekend and I booked a few weeks ago.. I don't do that often but he doesn't mind because he knows I price trips to death before I book.

I did this to my husband last may. We had cruised last march and didnt spend as much as i had thought we would have. Got home and carnival sent me an email with a very good deal on a 5 day that just happen to the week of his bday in may. So i booked it, told his guys at work he wouldnt be there, informed my work. So a week before his bday we went to visit our niece and she made him a cake telling him she wouldnt see him on his bday. I handed him a card and inside was the printed out boarding passes. He did a double take lol We went and loved every moment of it.

My husband leaves our cruise vacation planning 100% to me.

I have booked and told him later. I do have a surprise this time though in that our 8 day coming up in March will be a 13 day with the 2nd leg being a surprise that I booked on a great sale.

We had just lost his father and now have lost his mother too. I wanted to do something really special for him. My sister and I are planning on telling him on the last morning of the first leg. All cleared with his boss and I have flights and excursions all taken care of. I can hardly contain myself from blowing the surprise!

I booked a 14 day Alaska Journey cruise for next year and haven't told my husband. We are going on B2B Caribbean cruises in November, which will be his first cruise, and I want to make sure he likes cruising before I tell him.:cool:

I'm about to do this with an alaska cruise

Back in the early 80's I decided I would like to go camping and do "see America" vacations, so I bought a pop-up, had a hitch put on my car and drove it home. I pulled it into our very long driveway and told my husband, "Let's go camping! I hope you say yes, because I'm able to drive forward, but I don't have a clue how to back it up" He just laughed and we camped for about 15 years and bought several more pop-ups along the way.

In 1978 I planned our first cruise for our honeymoon. My new husband had no idea where we were going or how we were getting there. He was beyond surprised. So very few people cruised back then. The first night of the cruise he said "We will do this again". We have now been on over 70 cruises. Hope yours is as successful!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

In 1978 I planned our first cruise for our honeymoon. My new husband had no idea where we were going or how we were getting there. He was beyond surprised. So very few people cruised back then. The first night of the cruise he said "We will do this again". We have now been on over 70 cruises. Hope yours is as successful!

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I see you cruised the Emerald Seas in 1979. We were married in '78 and took our first cruise on the Emerald Seas! My how things have changed!